Best Republican ticket for '12? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 02:03:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Best Republican ticket for '12? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Best Republican ticket for '12?  (Read 16669 times)
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« on: December 05, 2008, 06:17:24 PM »

Out of the current candidates Huckabee/Romney.
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2008, 02:27:23 AM »

Romney/Jindal or Romney/Huckabee, but Huckabee would never take a VP position with Romney.

Now, if you had it the other way around (Huckabee/Romney) then Romney probably would take the VP slot.
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2008, 08:56:38 PM »

I am confident Romney would take VP in a second, under almost anyone... even Huckabee.

Same here.
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2008, 09:00:03 PM »

I don't think Romney would accept being anyones V.P. especially Huckabee's. He said several times he had no interest in being V.P. as did Huckabee. There is no way there will be a Romney Huck combo and I already predicted Huck won't be nominated for President by the GOP. Even if he were a Huck Romney combo would be unlikely cause Huck hates Romney's guts. Plus there is a chance Romney may not run at all in 2012 especially if some info I just heard about his wife turns out to be true.

He explicitly said he wanted to be McCain's runningmate.

And what did you hear about his wife?

Yes but he dismissed any notion of joining the cabinet and I think he feels the same way about being V.P.

I heard she had an early stage of breast cancer. If thats the case Mitt won't run b/c he is not John Edwards.

That's right. She recently underwent minor surgery to treat an early case. I hear that it's called "ductal carcinoma in sutu" or DCIS.

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2008/12/05/ann-romney-has-lumpectomy-for-early-stage-breast-cancer/
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2008, 03:34:06 PM »

I may be way off here, but I wonder if Mel Martinez retirement might be the prelude to a 2012 White Hourse run. 

He was born in Cuba.

What's it matter? It's not like he wouldn't go down in flames.

True, but he was born is Cuba so he is not eligible to run.
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2009, 01:46:58 PM »

Stanford/Romney.

Stanford really is a libertarian, I don't think he actually cares that much about social issues, but since he is from the South all (Republican) Southerners will vote for him, even the religious right.

Romney is a wink to the moderates and traditionally blue states. 

It's too bad Romney tried to sell his soul to the religious right in the 2008 elections. If he had ran as the same guy who ran in Massachusetts in 2002, then he may have done better and I would've liked him more.

That said, Mr. Sanford will not run for President. I'd love to see it, but he loves SC too much to leave it and he's said many times he just wants to retire to Sullivan's Island. You're right, though, he is pretty hands off on social issues and said the other night that he wouldn't prosecute Phelps for smoking pot if it was up to him.

Oh no, no. His "trying to sell his soul to the religious right" was the only reason why he did so well. And let us remember, that even that was worse than expected. If he ran as "the same guy who ran in Massachusetts in 2002" he would have dropped out as soon as IA was over if not earlier.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies