PPP: Americans love Peyton Manning & Broncos, Richard Sherman not so much (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 08:58:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  PPP: Americans love Peyton Manning & Broncos, Richard Sherman not so much (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: PPP: Americans love Peyton Manning & Broncos, Richard Sherman not so much  (Read 1739 times)
traininthedistance
YaBB God

« on: January 30, 2014, 11:11:52 AM »

I'm aware that most of my surroundings are rooting for the Broncos, not just because of Peyton's popularity in general but also because Lil' Brudder is my hometown QB and so there's some extra Manning Family solidarity going on.  And another ring for Peyton will do wonders to quiet at least some of the irrational haters from Southie who don't accept that he's just objectively the best QB of all time, so that would be good.

But... I'm rooting for the Seahawks anyway.  That city deserves a title more- both in terms of being championship-starved and having the best all-around team in the league this year.
traininthedistance
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2014, 11:45:51 AM »

And another ring for Peyton will do wonders to quiet at least some of the irrational haters from Southie who don't accept that he's just objectively the best QB of all time, so that would be good.

Also, it's not really irrational to say that Peyton isn't the best (admittedly I'm a bit biased as I am a Brady guy). If someone was to say Peyton wasn't Top 3, then yes they would be irrational haters. In regard to Brady v. Manning (a debate I loathe), I've taken the opinion of "whoever you think is best, you're right." Both have excellent cases. Still though, I put the real Joe Cool at the top.

If I was a NYG fan (in some hellish alternate reality), I would root for the Seahawks just so Eli has the edge.

Well, yeah, you're biased. Tongue

I guess Montana over Manning is defensible; I don't think that Brady or anyone else is (though I'd love to see some leather-helmet oldtimer make the case for Sammy Baugh on historical importance grounds).  But ultimately I consider rings to be the measure of a team, not an individual- even if that individual is the most important one. 

And this is no knock on Brady, who is in my Top 10 for sure, and has a pretty strong case for #3. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies