"the Antichrist" teaching is a myth (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 01:24:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  "the Antichrist" teaching is a myth (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: "the Antichrist" teaching is a myth  (Read 15221 times)
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« on: July 25, 2008, 01:38:11 PM »

*sigh*

Again, that's you stating the abomination is interracial marriage, but that's your own conclusion and not an explicit statement. So let me make this as simple as possible - can you find ONE place in the bible that explicitly says that marrying someone with a different skin color is a sin or an abomination? ANYTHING that says it is an act forbidden by God.

If you can't find anywhere that makes it a forbidden act, then your basis for reaching this conclusion is only your own racism and not based on any sort of scripture. Rather, they are based on an irrational hatred you hold in your heart for your fellow human beings.

I know the Old Testament isn't important here because Christians don't follow the Law, but the Snow-White Miriam incident in Numbers chapter 12 might be an example of God allowing, or at least not caring, about interracial marriage.  However, it's only a few chapters away from God praising Phineas for murdering an Israelite man for socializing with a Midianite woman, so I suppose the message is mixed.  Maybe the message of the Snow-White Miriam incident is that Moses can get away with whatever he wants to because he's God's favorite.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2008, 02:33:41 PM »

*sigh*

Again, that's you stating the abomination is interracial marriage, but that's your own conclusion and not an explicit statement. So let me make this as simple as possible - can you find ONE place in the bible that explicitly says that marrying someone with a different skin color is a sin or an abomination? ANYTHING that says it is an act forbidden by God.

If you can't find anywhere that makes it a forbidden act, then your basis for reaching this conclusion is only your own racism and not based on any sort of scripture. Rather, they are based on an irrational hatred you hold in your heart for your fellow human beings.

I know the Old Testament isn't important here because Christians don't follow the Law, but the Snow-White Miriam incident in Numbers chapter 12 might be an example of God allowing, or at least not caring, about interracial marriage.  However, it's only a few chapters away from God praising Phineas for murdering an Israelite man for socializing with a Midianite woman, so I suppose the message is mixed.  Maybe the message of the Snow-White Miriam incident is that Moses can get away with whatever he wants to because he's God's favorite.

No, I don't think anyone in the Bible gets special treatment in regards to sinful behavior - even God's "favorites". Moses married a Midianite woman himself, so the interracial aspect of that other incident was probably not of any importance. I'm not really familiar with that part of the Bible though, so I'm just looking it up on wikipedia, so maybe jmfcst can enlighten me on the context of that particular part of the OT.

The story, roughly, is that Moses takes a second wife, of Cush**te (black African) background.  Miriam and Aaron complain to God that Moses is hogging all the glory and that they should be equal to Moses, especially with his wife.  God reprimands Aaron and Miriam for questioning Moses, and covers Miriam with snow-white scaly leprosy for a week as punishment.  (The possible implication being that, because Miriam complained about Moses' black wife, God turned Miriam the exact opposite as punishment)
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2008, 02:51:51 PM »

The story, roughly, is that Moses takes a second wife, of Cush**te (black African) background.

Cuѕhite?

I can get it past the filter.

Wow, I didn't even notice that.  Yes, I did mean Cuƒhite.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies