Who's likely to win the 2016 GOP South Carolina primary? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 10:34:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Who's likely to win the 2016 GOP South Carolina primary? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who's likely to win 2016 South Carolina GOP primary?
Chris Christie

Scott Walker

Jeb Bush

Ted Cruz

Mike Huckabee

Paul Ryan

Rand Paul

Marco Rubio

Rick Perry

Rick Santorum

Jon Huntsman

John Kasich

Peter King

Ben Carson

Mitt Romney

Scott Brown

Donald Trump

Bobby Jindal

Condi Rice

Steve King

Mike Pence

Rob Portman

Brian Sandoval

Tim Pawlenty

Newt Gingrich

John Thune

Nikki Haley

Kelly Ayotte

Sam Brownback

Susana Martinez

Haley Barbour

Allen West

Other

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 44

Author Topic: Who's likely to win the 2016 GOP South Carolina primary?  (Read 916 times)
Rockefeller GOP
United States

« on: April 16, 2014, 11:52:01 AM »

I think South Carolina will be the first real opportunity for Marco Rubio to shine. Walker will primarily focus on Iowa and Florida, Christie will focus on New Hampshire and Florida, Paul will be heavy in all four states, and Rubio will try to focus on the more traditional GOP voters in the south.

I strongly object to you identifying "traditional GOP voters" as socially conservative Southerners.

As for the OP, I'd guess Cruz or Rubio.
Rockefeller GOP
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2014, 04:04:32 PM »

I think South Carolina will be the first real opportunity for Marco Rubio to shine. Walker will primarily focus on Iowa and Florida, Christie will focus on New Hampshire and Florida, Paul will be heavy in all four states, and Rubio will try to focus on the more traditional GOP voters in the south.

I strongly object to you identifying "traditional GOP voters" as socially conservative Southerners.

Hey man, like us or not, your stuck with us.

I never said I didn't like you, but I'd say we are the more "traditional Republicans" of the two factions.  I highly doubt Lincoln, Eisenhower and even Reagan would be championing the Tea Party.
Rockefeller GOP
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2014, 06:07:41 PM »

Hey man, like us or not, your stuck with us.

I never said I didn't like you, but I'd say we are the more "traditional Republicans" of the two factions.  I highly doubt Lincoln, Eisenhower and even Reagan would be championing the Tea Party.

Lincoln and Eisenhower don't embody anything similar to the modern GOP, and Reagan would likely be similar to a Scott Walker-level involvement in the Tea Party.

You seem to overcompensate for New England Republicans in most of these threads. You don't have to pretend like you guys run the GOP. If you did, your reputation would only decline due to the state that the GOP is in right now.

Eisenhower was arguably the most fiscally conservative President since WWII; it's a liberal myth that Obama is somehow the legacy of old school Republicans.  Simply wishful thinking (I guess if my party had an embarrassing history of racism, I might have incentive to rewrite history, too, though).  And considering Reagan pragmatically raised taxes when he needed to and pushed for sensible gun control, I think the Tea Partiers would be shouting RINO.  And how do I act like we're running the party?  I've never even come close to making that assertion.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies