Rasmussen: Richardson leads Romney by 8
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 05:51:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential Primary Election Polls
  Rasmussen: Richardson leads Romney by 8
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Rasmussen: Richardson leads Romney by 8  (Read 1097 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 18, 2007, 06:23:48 AM »

April 18, 2007

Richardson: 42%
Romney: 34%

"Romney is more competitive among males (40% to 40%) and whites (37% to Richardson's 40%). Unaffiliated voters are reluctant to name either man; among them, the candidates are tied 30% to 30%."

Richardson:

Favorable: 30%
Unfavorable: 30%
Donīt know: 40%

Romney:

Favorable: 32%
Unfavorable: 44%
Donīt know: 24%

The national telephone survey of 800 Likely Voters was conducted by Rasmussen Reports April 11-12, 2007. The margin of sampling error for the survey is +/- 4 percentage points with a 95% level of confidence.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/Political%20Tracking/Presidential%20Match-Ups/April%202007/Richardsonvs.Romney20070418.htm
Padfoot
padfoot714
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -6.96

« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2007, 10:28:41 AM »

This is a strange matchup to do.  Both of the supposed "4th ranked candidates."  Very strange indeed.  Also I am not understanding how each of them polling 40% in males gives Romney an edge there, nor do I understand how Romney's 37% and RIchardson's 40% among whites give Romney an advantage.  Perhaps I am reading it wrong.  Could someone please clarify this for me?

Looking at the favorability numbers, things look bad for Romney.  A 44% and climbing unfavorable rating isn't a good thing.  His flip-flopping and religion are only going to drive that number even higher.  I think his chances at the nomination are very slim.

As for Richardson, things look OK but he really needs to get his name out there somehow.  With 40% of people still undecided about him, he has got to define himself before the other candidates do it for him.  He desperately needs some positive media exposure.  I was hoping that the North Korea trip would give him a good boost but that has largely been ignored by the media as far as I can tell.  They would rather continue swooning over Obama's smile than report on a candidate who is actually negotiating world peace.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2007, 10:35:26 AM »

This is a strange matchup to do.  Both of the supposed "4th ranked candidates."  Very strange indeed.  Also I am not understanding how each of them polling 40% in males gives Romney an edge there, nor do I understand how Romney's 37% and RIchardson's 40% among whites give Romney an advantage.  Perhaps I am reading it wrong.  Could someone please clarify this for me?

Looking at the favorability numbers, things look bad for Romney.  A 44% and climbing unfavorable rating isn't a good thing.  His flip-flopping and religion are only going to drive that number even higher.  I think his chances at the nomination are very slim.

As for Richardson, things look OK but he really needs to get his name out there somehow.  With 40% of people still undecided about him, he has got to define himself before the other candidates do it for him.  He desperately needs some positive media exposure.  I was hoping that the North Korea trip would give him a good boost but that has largely been ignored by the media as far as I can tell.  They would rather continue swooning over Obama's smile than report on a candidate who is actually negotiating world peace.

I guess they mean compared to how he does in other groups?

And Richardson does need more exposure. He'd be an excellent general election candidate.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2007, 10:47:48 AM »

Also I am not understanding how each of them polling 40% in males gives Romney an edge there, nor do I understand how Romney's 37% and RIchardson's 40% among whites give Romney an advantage.  Perhaps I am reading it wrong.  Could someone please clarify this for me?

They mean that Romney does better in those groups than he does in other demographic groups.  Not that he wins them outright.  Since Romney is down 8% overall, any demographic subgroup where he's tied or only down 3% is a subgroup where he's "more competitive".
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2007, 11:08:52 AM »

"Romney is more competitive among males (40% to 40%) ..."

- Means that there is a huge gender gap of about 15%. Thatīs why heīs ahead by 8%.

"And whites (37% to Richardson's 40%)."

- Richardson does fine with Hispanics.

"Unaffiliated voters are reluctant to name either man; among them, the candidates are tied 30% to 30%."

- Because its basically Generic Dem. vs. Generic Rep. and because more consider themselves Dems than Reps, therefore Richardson by 8.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2007, 07:33:43 PM »

No chance in hell of this match up taking place.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies