Woodrow Wilson (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 26, 2024, 03:30:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  History (Moderator: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee)
  Woodrow Wilson (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Rating?
5 (best)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 34

Author Topic: Woodrow Wilson  (Read 4054 times)
Vincent
azpol76
United States

« on: December 07, 2004, 09:13:26 PM »

I believe the argument is that America's entrance into WWI allowed Britian and France to be in a position to demand such repremations. Which can be led to a 'butterfly effect' which led to WWII.

Woodrow Wilson, the man who was most responsible for WWI dragging out at least one year longer than it had to and for the occurence of WWII.

Britain and France's policy of severe reparations had a lot more to do with the start of WWII than anything Wilson did. Please provide some facts for your argument. How did he prolong the war and start WWII?

If your argument will be that the U.S. should have let Britain and France lose the war, I will disagree pre-emptively. I think it is a good thing that the "democratic" nations won. The Ottoman, Austro-Hungarian and German empires were vestiges of an earlier era and I am glad they were dismantled.

I wouldnt neccesarly say that it was our bussiness to intervene. I dont know for sure. Keep in mind what *eventually* replaced the German Empire.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies