Congressman: only WHITE people have ever contributed to civilization (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 11:18:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Congressman: only WHITE people have ever contributed to civilization (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Congressman: only WHITE people have ever contributed to civilization  (Read 4685 times)
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: July 18, 2016, 11:11:36 PM »

I would merely note that Congressman Steve King said this in response to questions about the lack of diversity at the RNC. So basically he said there were hardly any black delegates because other races have not contributed as much (anything) to the United States/Western civilization.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2016, 11:21:14 PM »

This is a transcription I found on reddit that lines up with a the video clip:

Charlie Pierce: "I tell you what. If you're really optimistic, you could say that this is the last time that old white people will command the Republican party's platform, attention, and respect. Of course I thought that was going to happen after 2012. In that hall today, that hall is wired by loud, unhappy dissatisfied white people. Any sign of rebellion is going to get shouted down."

Congressman Steve King: "This singling out 'old white people' business does get a little tired, Charlie. I'd ask you to go back through history and figure out where are these contributions made by these other categories of people that you're talking about? Where did any other subgroup of people contribute more to civilization?"

Chris Hayes: "...than white people?"

Steve King: "Than Western Civilization itself that's rooted in Western Europe, Eastern Europe, the USA and every place where Christianity settled the world? That's all of Western Civilization."

Chris Hayes: "wait a minute, we're not going to argue the history of civilization here."

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies