DC is 60% black!? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 03:50:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  DC is 60% black!? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: DC is 60% black!?  (Read 16311 times)
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« on: July 02, 2005, 12:09:43 AM »

Housing projects.

I live in Arlington right now and work in DC, and just walking around in the nice areas you'd think blacks were a small minority. But that's because you don't go to the bad areas... if you do (and are white), you're not leaving.

The city is getting whiter, though, as crappy areas are gradually bought up and redeveloped.. not even that gradual anymore, happening quite quickly.

Oh please/  D.C has somme bad areas, but just because your white & go to those areas doesn't mean your in danger.  Just like most inner-cities you only have something to worry about is if your gang affiliated & you run into members of a rival gang,  Just being white,, doesn't put you in any danger

Smash, though he may not be exactly correct on what he said he is right. If you are white and you travel into black neighborhoods, especially in cities like Baltimore & DC you have to be VERY VERY careful as you will get cut for just being white.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2005, 12:17:01 AM »

Housing projects.

I live in Arlington right now and work in DC, and just walking around in the nice areas you'd think blacks were a small minority. But that's because you don't go to the bad areas... if you do (and are white), you're not leaving.

The city is getting whiter, though, as crappy areas are gradually bought up and redeveloped.. not even that gradual anymore, happening quite quickly.

Oh please/  D.C has somme bad areas, but just because your white & go to those areas doesn't mean your in danger.  Just like most inner-cities you only have something to worry about is if your gang affiliated & you run into members of a rival gang,  Just being white,, doesn't put you in any danger

Smash, though he may not be exactly correct on what he said he is right. If you are white and you travel into black neighborhoods, especially in cities like Baltimore & DC you have to be VERY VERY careful as you will get cut for just being white.

Oh please thats an utter load of crap & its coming from someone who tends to think blacks are inferior to whites. 

I have been through many black neighborhoods & have never had any problem

Where did I ever say blacks are "inferior". I never said so so STFU KTHX.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2005, 12:20:30 AM »

Housing projects.

Oh please thats an utter load of crap & its coming from someone who tends to think blacks are inferior to whites. 

I have been through many black neighborhoods & have never had any problem

Where did I ever say blacks are "inferior". I never said so so STFU KTHX.

I didn't say that you said they were, I said you thought they were.  With the way you have posted in basically all topics involving race it is clear you think they are

Oh wow! You know how I think better then I do! Cool. Assumption is the mother of all  ups.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2005, 12:21:14 AM »

Depends on the neighborhood.  Id walk through Canton or Federal Hill at 3am and not think twice about it.  Drop me off on North Avenue... Different Story.

That's what I was thinking when I typed that post. Cheesy
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2005, 12:52:05 AM »

Most crime in inner-cities tends to be gang related, gang on gang type crime.  A white person doesn't have to worry about getting cut, or beat simply because they are white in a black neighborhood.  Now if they tend to be affiliated with a rival gang, are start using a bunch of racial slurs thats something a bit different, but for the most part in even the most high crime ridden black neighborhoods a white person does not have to worry about getting beat, or cut simply because they are white
As I said earlier, this goes both ways.  There are white neighborhoods where blacks clearly are not safe, either.  This is a fact of life in many urban areas, and I think it serves no purpose to deny it.

I doubt their are many white neighborhoods in which blacks would be blatantly attacked by the residents if they wandered in somehow. They most likely would be harassad by the police however.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2005, 10:20:49 PM »

They found out after the attack, that they were there to steal cars.  They weren't at the time of the attack.  Also one of the reasons this is being called a hate  crime is all the racial crap that was thrown around by the attackers when they jumped the guy.  Not to mention one of the guy's involved has a history of attacking people of a different race.  On or shortly after 9/11 he was arrested for shooting paintballs at Shik worsphipers while yelling out racial epithats towards them

I do agree it's a bias crime, though I don't think that really makes any difference.

Nobody ever calls it a bias crime when whites are victims of crime by blacks.  That just gets labeled as economic, so I guess it's OK.  And of course, it gets no attention.  Crimes against blacks by other blacks get no attention either.  This type of crime is probably about 1% of all the crimes, but gets all the attention, because it satisfies a wharped, politically correct view of the world that blacks in New York are cowering in fear from their ruthless white oppressors.  That is pretty far from the truth, to say the least.

You can't be "racist" against the oppressor race! Roll Eyes Don't you know that already?
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2005, 12:02:34 AM »

English homes always look so much better then ours.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2005, 06:39:18 PM »

Those remind me of some of the old soviet style housing. If I had to live in one of those I'd take myself to the top and free fall my way down. Yuck what horrible places. The projects we have here are not really like that. They were mostly duplex houses, single story. They actually aren't built bad the problem is that most of the tenants ran them into the sh*tter because they don't know how to take care of their property properly.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2005, 12:31:46 PM »

Al, check my town out. Smiley

If you look on the left center of the map and see a street that says W. Nosleda.. I live about where the "W" is on that map.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2005, 01:17:12 PM »

If you look on the left center of the map and see a street that says W. Nosleda.. I live about where the "W" is on that map.
Not far from the hood I see... Good for you. Smiley

Well their are a lot of physical boundaries between my side of town and black town. Mainly a set of railroad tracks, a chemical plant and a fresh produce complex.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2005, 01:48:20 PM »

Not far from the hood I see... Good for you. Smiley

Well their are a lot of physical boundaries between my side of town and black town. Mainly a set of railroad tracks, a chemical plant and a fresh produce complex.

It truly is "the wrong side of the tracks."

Not really to be honest. The neighborhoods over there are mostly keep in good shape and the community has strong ties to keep things good. Crime is actually rather low there and you find the higher crime rates in the Mexican neighborhoods around here.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies