2012 Election Game: Campaign Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 06:45:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2012 Election Game: Campaign Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 37
Author Topic: 2012 Election Game: Campaign Thread  (Read 80784 times)
NHI
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: April 26, 2013, 11:54:50 PM »

TV ad: Another Massachusetts Flip Flop (Airing in IA, SC, FL)

"I'm Mike Huckabee and I approve this message."
"VO: Remember this guy from Massachusetts?"
John Kerry.

"VO: Now meet this guy from Massachusetts."
Mitt Romney

ROMNEY VO:
"I will preserve and protect a woman's right to choose."
"The right next step is to see Roe v. Wade overturned."

"I supported the assault weapon's ban."
"I don't support any gun control legislation."

"I believe the tax on capital gains should be zero."
"It's a tax cut for fat cats."

"I'm not trying to return to Reagan-Bush."
"Ronald Reagan is...my hero."

"Mitt Romney just like that other guy, another Flip Flop, from Massachusetts."
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #76 on: April 27, 2013, 12:31:02 AM »

Mitt Romney for President...Believe in America

Mitt Romney Press Conference

Press Secretary Andrea Saul speaks to reporters from Boston, Massachusetts

Reporter #1: Ms. Saul, what is the Governor's thoughts on the debates thus far?
Saul: Governor Romney, as well as the rest of us in the campaign, are thrilled with how the debates are going thus far. The debates give Governor Romney a great opportunity to show America why he is the most qualified candidate and would be the best to face off against President Obama next fall.

Reporter #2: Governor Huckabee has recently gone on the offense against Governor Romney, claiming that Obamacare and "Romneycare" are the same, as well as comparing Governor Romney to Senator Kerry. Your thoughts?
Saul: Our campaign has already explained that Obamacare is nothing like what was passed here in Massachusetts - health care is not an issue that should be taken care of by the federal government, which is what Mitt has been saying all along. That being said, considering the levels of desperation Governor Huckabee took in 2008, see this attack come up again, as well as comparing Romney to Kerry, is no surprise.

Being pro-life and pro-marriage, two issues Governor Huckabee stresses, is good, and it's a position Mitt agrees with as well. But when you look at their respective records as Governor, it is clear that Mitt Romney is the true conservative in this race. Mitt Romney cut taxes as Governor, balanced a budget, and brought education to #1 in the nation by working with parents, students, and teachers. In comparison, Mike Huckabee raised taxes over eighty times as Governor, granted hundreds of pardons, and supported in-state tuition for illegal immigrants. In the coming months, I think it is important to remind Republican voters of Governor Huckabee's record as Governor, because I think it brings to question whether or not he is the best candidate to face off against Barack Obama. I would encourage all voters to just view the following YouTube ad where Governor Huckabee urges for tax hikes - this isn't who we need representing our party in the fall.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaJW7nXw30A

Reporter #3: Where is the Romney campaign focusing on right now?
Saul: Fundraising has been strong for our campaign, and through endorsements, a well-organized campaign, and good debate performances, I think it is safe to say we have the wind to our back...for now. We're walking a tight rope - we're competing in every lead-off state, certainly at a greater level than any other candidate is trying. If we can manage a sweep of Iowa, New Hampshire, and South Carolina, which I certainly think is possible, I think it'll be very hard for us to lose at that point.

Reporter #4: What will the campaign's message be going forward?
Saul: We understand that other candidates will be getting even more desperate in the coming months and will focus on trying to distort Governor Romney. This week was a tricky week for us, with Governor Romney receiving more attacks than before, and I understand we went negative as well. However, going forward, while we will continue to remind voters of other candidate's records on important issues, our main focus is going to be this: President Obama's policies have failed this country, and we need a nominee who has a real plan and the experience to not only beat Obama next fall, but to turn this nation around again. With that message, I know we will be victorious.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #77 on: April 27, 2013, 01:31:25 PM »
« Edited: April 27, 2013, 01:38:29 PM by ChairmanSanchez »

Debate response.
We are fundamentally approaching health care reform the wrong way. Over the next decade, Obamacare will create uncertainty in the marketplace. This hurts not just the average American, but also the economy as a whole as well. If Obamacare is allowed to fully take effect, businesses aren't going to hire, and they're not going to deploy capital into the marketplace. So what do we do? I say, let the states experiment and find breakthroughs in how we address health care reform. All I want to do is do the kind of thing we did in the state of Utah. We don't have affordable insurance policies today, except in Utah. We have a stripped down bare bones catastrophic coverage policy that young people can actually afford. And unlike Governor Romney or the President, we didn’t need mandates to do it.

Huntsman TV ad: “Rhetoric and Action” (airing in Arizona, Florida, Minnesota, and New Hampshire).

Voiceover: Some call him the “reasonable voice” in the Republican Party?  But Mitch Daniels served as President Bush’s Budget director for three years. What does that say about his “fiscal conservatism?”
(Clip of George Bush & Mitch Daniels airs, followed by chart showing rising deficit under Bush.)

Voiceover: But is Mitch Daniels the fiscal conservative he says he is? He is a fine man, and a good governor, but actions speak louder than words, and Jon Huntsman proves this. In Utah, he presided over the largest increase in job growth in the country, slashed taxes, and freed entrepreneurs from strangling regulations. Vote for action, vote for Jon Huntsman!

I am Jon Huntsman, and I approve this message.

Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #78 on: April 27, 2013, 01:51:23 PM »
« Edited: April 27, 2013, 01:53:17 PM by LumineVonReuental »

At a Press Conference in Indianapolis:

Reporter #1: Governor Daniels, what are your thoughts in the current negative attacks made by several candidates?

Daniels: I can't say I like those ad attacks. Still, that's their choice, and if they want have mutual attacks, that's fine with me as long as they leave me out of this madness. I'm here to prove that I'm a leader with the necessary experience and maturity to be the President of the United States, not a immature kid.

Reporter #2: And what about the most recent Huntsman ad?

Daniels: When President Bush called me to serve as Budget Director I served, because that's the right thing to do as an American. I believe Governor Huntsman said the same thing about his embassy in China when he went there to serve. The difference? Governor Huntsman professed his admiration of President Obama for the whole time he was Ambassador, and now, a few months after, he simply attacks the President and his policies like he wasn't a part of the Administration.

Reporter #3: Any last words, Governor?

Daniels: Yes. Governor Huntsman, if you are going to attack me because of my time in the Bush Administration, at least remember that you are not the right person to say that. I don't mean to be partisan and vengeful, but least I'm honest about my service in a Republican White House.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #79 on: April 27, 2013, 01:59:25 PM »

Huntsman questioned by reporters after a rally in Mesa, Arizona.

Reporter #1: Governor Huntsman, have you any comment on Governor Daniels press conference?

Huntsman: Yes, it was sort of sad to hear a fellow candidate call me an "immature kid." It was also hypocritical; I admire President Obama. Like him or not, he is a historical figure, being the first African American president and all. I don't like his big spending policies, and I did not help design them. Governor Daniels needs to answer for that.

Reporter #2: What do you think about Governor Daniel's allegations that you have lied about your service in China?

Huntsman: I have never lied or tried to hide it. I was called to serve and served. I did not have a role in crafting policy, I simply represented American interests. So I am disappointed in Governor Daniels trying to build an image around himself that is simply false.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #80 on: April 27, 2013, 02:17:44 PM »

Mitch Daniels statement while campaigning in New Hampshire:

Reporter #1: What do you have to say about Governor Huntsman response to your comments?

Daniels: I'd say he has a tendency to blow things out of proportion. Well, I did not called Governor Huntsman an "immature kid". I was referring to the fact that small fights like these ones make all of us candidates look like kids (or at least those of us who are sadly involved in such fights). I don't criticize the fact that he represented our interests in China, nor I accuse him of lying about his service. However, I honestly believe that he is the one building a false image about himself.

Reporter #2: What about your policies as Budget Director, Governor?

Daniels: It's quite simple: I would just say that in every fight I ever had on the president's behalf with Congress - and there were a lot of them - there was never one where I was suggesting spend more and they were suggesting spend less. It was always the other way around. I will also say that the choices that were made in those years were not all accurate, not all good ones. But far better than what we've been doing the last two years, and the numbers show it. That's all I have to say about this matter.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #81 on: April 27, 2013, 02:23:02 PM »

Herman Cain press conference

Reporter: What do you think about the recent turn of negative ads in this race?

Cain: I believe that they can say whatever they want to say about each other from here on out. However, that is not the type of conversation that is bringing of solutions. We need to match the right thinking to the right priorities and come up with the right solutions and the fact is that normal Washington doesn't solve problems. We need an outsider and that's me. We also don't need someone who is going to tell us what we want to hear just to get elected. That's totally Washington and that's totally not me.
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #82 on: April 27, 2013, 02:57:51 PM »

The best thing of running as Cain is that you can run a Joke Campaign and still do a serious close-to-reality work!
Incipimus iterum
United States

« Reply #83 on: April 27, 2013, 03:14:13 PM »

Bob Corker Press Conference

Reporter: Senator Corker what is your thoughts on the recent negative ads?

Corker: I think we need to start focusing on the real target, President Obama, the more we argue the more this will help his reelection campaign. I always believe in the 11th commandment of Republican Politics "Thou shalt not speak ill of any Republican.".
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #84 on: May 05, 2013, 03:58:16 PM »
« Edited: May 05, 2013, 04:41:16 PM by Emperor SJoyce »

The week of October 24-30 begins now.

The New York Times

Polling Update

IOWA

Huckabee: 18%
Romney: 16%
Daniels: 14%
Cain: 14%
Paul: 10%
Bachmann: 10%
Hutchison: 10%
Corker: 4%
Pataki: 1%
Huntsman: 0%
Someone Else/Not Sure: 3%

NEW HAMPSHIRE

Romney: 22%
Daniels: 15%
Paul: 13%
Cain: 12%
Huntsman: 11%
Pataki: 8%
Hutchison: 8%
Huckabee: 5%
Corker: 2%
Bachmann: 1%

SOUTH CAROLINA

Huckabee: 16%
Cain: 14%
Romney: 14%
Daniels: 13%
Bachmann: 11%
Hutchison: 10%
Corker: 9%
Paul: 8%
Huntsman: 1%
Pataki: 1%

Huckabee vs. Romney, Huntsman vs. Daniels

Gov. Romney and Gov. Huckabee, the two leading candidates, have finally begun the attack, and it's vicious. Huckabee is portraying Romney as a 'Massachusetts Moderate' unacceptable to the base, while Romney uses Gov. Huckabee's record to present him as a 'false conservative'. Meanwhile, Gov. Huntsman is attacking Gov. Daniels' record on the economy, while Daniels has countered effectively. Cain & Corker have demanded that the candidates focus on attacking the real opponent, however - President Obama.

Endorsement Watch

Allen West: Michele Bachmann

Louie Gohmert: Michele Bachmann

Paul Broun: Michele Bachmann

John Thune: Kay Bailey Hutchison

Donald Trump: Herman Cain

Thomas Sowell: Herman Cain

Haley Barbour: Herman Cain

Richard Lugar: Mitch Daniels

Michael Scheuer: Ron Paul

Jesse Ventura: Ron Paul

Richard Hanna: Jon Huntsman

Tom Ridge: Jon Huntsman

IRL: Jon Huntsman

John Boehner: Mitt Romney

Tom Coburn: Mitt Romney

Jan Brewer: Mitt Romney

Debate Questions
Tonight's debate question (for all candidates) is: How will your presidency deal with Israel and Palestine?

Debate Wrapup

Last night's debate did not focus on Obamacare - there was a general consensus that it wasn't a good thing. Instead, smaller differences dominated. Gov. Daniels gave a detailed answer about his record, which Gov. Huckabee piggybacked off of and compared Daniels' approach to Romney's health care record in Massachusetts. Romney somewhat successfully drew a distinction between his Massachusetts plan and Obamacare, but was the focus of attacks from almost all opponents - although his answers were solid, his attackers got a lot more screen time. Michele Bachmann came out with a strong attack on almost everything in the President's record, sure to give her more support with the base, while Herman Cain said that he would be presenting an alternative plan shortly, designed to be as catchy as his tax reform plan. Rep. Paul, a practicing physician, drew on his medical experience to detail his healthcare plan, and was seen as an expert in the field. Sen. Corker expressed his support for interstate healthcare competition in a pretty solid answer, and Sen. Hutchison discussed free market principles, but they were somewhat forgettable in the sea of big personalities.

Who won the debate?
Paul: 19%
Daniels: 17%
Huckabee: 16%
Bachmann: 11%
Romney: 11%
Cain: 10%
Corker: 6%
Huntsman: 5%
Hutchison: 4%

This turn will be open 48 hours. Please PM me for endorsements.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #85 on: May 05, 2013, 04:29:49 PM »

Jan Brewer: Mitt Romney is Our Guy!

Jan Brewer announces her support for Mitt Romney on Meet The Press

I am thrilled to announce my support for Mitt Romney in the Presidential race, and look forward to playing my part in ensuring he wins both the nomination and the General Election.

There's a lot of strong candidates in this race - I think any of them would be better than what we currently have. I think electability is important, and Mitt Romney is our best chance at defeating President Obama next fall. But more than that, I believe Mitt would make the best President. I have no doubt that with him in charge, we'll have a President who will crack down on illegal immigration, boost our economy with private-sector jobs, and get a good healthcare system in place. I'd urge my fellow Republicans to join me in helping make Mitt Romney the 45th President of the United States!

John Boehner: We Need Mitt in the White House

John Boehner Greeting Mitt Romney at a Campaign Rally in Iowa

2010 was a historic year for our party. After Democrats took complete control in 2008, they proved to America that while they can talk, they simply can't lead. America responded in one of the biggest wave elections our nation has seen, and as a result, I have been blessed to serve as Speaker of the House.

Our majority in the House is critical, as it largely stops the obstructive agenda of the Obama-Biden administration. However, due to the Senate and White House, we are unable to enact the common-sense conservative legislation was campaigned hard on in 2010. We need to take back the Senate, and we need a Republican in the White House! That Republican needs to be Mitt Romney - I watched him serve as Governor of Massachusetts from 2003-2007, and what I saw was a true leader, someone who is ready to get down and fix our slumping economy. I see a good family man, a compassionate conservative - he's the man this party needs. Please join me, my fellow Republicans, in supporting Mitt Romney for President!

Tom Coburn: Mitt Romney a Leader

Tom Coburn Announces his support for Mitt Romney

Elections are about choices. Next November, the most important choice facing the American people will be whether we will demand a solution and avert a debt crisis or whether we will continue to accept the status quo and hope for the best. I'm confident the vast majority of Americans on both sides of the aisle want a solution. The next choice, then, is deciding who is best qualified to enact solutions to turn this country around. It is critically important to make a choice and support the person who is best equipped to solve the urgent problems before us. In my view, that person is Mitt Romney.

I'm proud to support Governor Romney because he is a leader. What Romney has done in over twenty years in the private sector is precisely what we need a president to do in Washington. Romney has done hard things. He has turned businesses around, told people hard truths about what needed to be done, inspired confidence and not made excuses. Romney is not a career politician or a career legislator, like our current President. As a former governor and business leader, he is an executive who knows how to use executive power.

There's no such thing as the perfect candidate, but Mitt Romney is pretty darn close. I ask my fellow Oklahomans, Republicans, and Americans to cast their vote for Mitt Romney. God Bless.

Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #86 on: May 05, 2013, 04:31:06 PM »

Herman Cain Debate Response

"The Cain administration will do things the Israel way. The Palestinans have made harm to our allies and I don't think they deserve anything from this Israeli government. Whatever a right of return is, I am not sure, but I know they should not get it. Israel has been harmed, they should lead the negotiation. Or something."

Herman Cain Campaign Schedule: October 24-30

"This campaign lacks a serious sense of humor. These candidates go out there and say stuff and scare people, the Cain campaign ain't gon' out here to scare nobody. We are here to LEAD, to listen to people, to develop the right plans, to do the right things to do, and to make stuff happen! That's what this Cain Campaign is all about, LEADING not READING and that's what I plan to bring to the White House."

October 24th, 2011:
Barnstorming in Charleston, South Carolina with Haley Barbour
Speech in Charleston, South Carolina
Meet and Greet in Columbia, South Carolina with Haley Barbour
Stuff in Anderson, South Carolina

October 25th, 2011:
Rest
Fly to New Hampshire

October 26th, 2011:
Speech in Laconia, New Hampshire with Donald Trump
Dance off in Berlin, New Hampshire
999 Explanation-off/Fundraiser on Mt. Washington, New Hampshire

"Look folks, the President is bad news, he's doing bad stuff, bad bad bad. Those bad things make me think, gosh, he's not doing a good job. In fact, he's not. He's doing a bad job. And those are the type of people I tell to ship out. Barack Hussein Obama is not from this country, but you know who is? My black friend Herman Cain. He's good in Business, he's good at leadership, and his goodness will bring this country back. We're tired of OPEC messing around, and China messing around, Herman Cain knows foreign policy and he's the smartest guy out there, almost as smart as me, and he can do the job!"

October 27th, 2011:
Town Hall in Claremont, New Hampshire
Barnstorming in Keene, New Hampshire with Donald Trump
Hard Ball with Chris Matthews (aka Poopy head)
Fly to Florida

October 28th, 2011:
Kickin' It in Miami, Florida
Book sales in Miami, Florida
I'm just going to stay in Miami, Florida for the rest of the day, if that's okay with you.
Fly to Iowa

October 29th, 2011:
Press Conference in Ames, Iowa with Thomas Sowell
Barnstorming in Mason City, Iowa
Barnstormin in Waterloo, Iowa
Town Hall in Marshalltown, Iowa with Thomas Sowell

October 30th, 2011:
Meet and Greet in Clinton, Iowa
Meet and Greet in Davenport, Iowa
Fundraiser in Iowa City, Iowa
Other Stuff

New Herman Cain Ad:

"Normally I don't make Presidential endorsements, but I decided to endorse Herman Cain. Why? Because he's the man for the job. He's had success in the private sector, and he hasn't proposed a healthcare scheme similar to Obama's. Quite simply, Mr. Cain is hands down the best candidate because he doesn't have the same mentality these politicians do, and I see myself in him. That's why you should, like me, vote for Herman Cain."

Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #87 on: May 05, 2013, 04:35:46 PM »

Here's why Haley Barbour endorsed Herman Cain, and why you should too:

"Dawg on it those wings were hot, so juicy, so tender, ooooooo I love my chicken wings, so good...

Oh wait, we're on...

Hi, I'm Haley Barbour, Governor of the great state of Mississippi, and I'd like to talk a little bit. I thought about running for the Presidency, before I realized one thing: My pal, my acquiescence, my dear friend, Herman Cain was going to run. I thought, HERMAN, that can't be, he's a business man, not into making money off this whole politics thing. Then I realized, he wasn't there for that, and I thought at first, that was kinda lame. But then I realized, oh wait, that's a good thing, because he wants to bring this nation back from the evils of Obamacare. He's the right guy for the job, and I believe he will make a great President, better than any of these other candidates.

Now If you excuse me, those wings I was talking about before, not so great now, bye bye."

NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #88 on: May 05, 2013, 04:56:49 PM »

Huckabee Campaign Schedule October 24-30

October 24th: Iowa
-Rally in Ames, IA
-Town Hall in Clinton, IA
-Appearance on World News Tonight
-Fundraiser in Cedar Rapids, IA

October 25th: Iowa
-Rally in Cedar Rapids, IA
-Rally in Fort Dodge, IA
-Rally in Des Moines, IA
-Speech in Council Bluffs, IA

October 26th: New Hampshire
-Town Hall in Peterborough, NH
-Town Hall in Concord, NH
-Visit with NH House Speaker O'Brien at State House
-Town Hall in Hooksett, NH
-Appearance on Hannity from Manchester, NH

October 27th: New Hampshire/South Carolina
-Town Hall in Rochester, NH
-Rally in Manchester, NH
-Rally in Columbia, SC
-Town Hall in Myrtle Beach, SC
-Phone banking in Myrtle Beach HQ
-Fundraiser in Myrtle Beach, SC

October 28th: Arkansas
-Rest Day/Strategy

October 29th: Florida
-Rally in Jacksonville, FL
-Rally in Orlando, FL
-Fundraiser in Miami, FL

October 30th: New York/New Hampshire
-Lunch Fundraiser in New York City
-Rally in Hampton, NH
-Town Hall in New Durham, NH
-Speech to Strafford GOP

Huckabee in Iowa

Debate Response:
"This Administration has seemingly forgotten Israel is our number one ally in the middle east. This President hasn't even visited Israel and he's almost been in office for four years, that's a disgrace and that needs to change. We need to support them to a fullest and under a Huckabee Administration Israel will have no stronger supporter. Now with regards to Palestinians, they don't believe Israel has a right to exist, so unlike this President's dream where you can have peace talks, it's rather hard when one the parties is drumming against the other one. The Palestinian regime has embraced Hamas, a terrorist organization, so creating peace is going to be hard there. Essentially what we need to do is stand firm with Israel much more so than we have been these past four years.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #89 on: May 05, 2013, 05:24:53 PM »

Debate Response:

Governor Mitt Romney weighs in on Israel and Palestine

Under my administration, our first action would be to ensure that everyone knows that the United States will always stand shoulder to shoulder with Israel. During the Obama administration, we have seen an increase level of pressure leveled against the Israeli government, with President Obama criticizing the Israeli's for building settlements at a UN Conference while making no mention of Hamas launching rockets to Israel. If you disagree with an ally, you privately discuss it with them, not make a public attack.

We must encourage both parties in the conflict, but never forget which is our ally. We need a President who stands with Israel, not criticizes them. Our President has weakened our relationship with Israel. As President, I will restore it and make us stronger allies than ever before.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #90 on: May 05, 2013, 05:34:40 PM »

Michele Bachmann Campaign Schedule: 10/24 - 10/30

10/24:
Supporting our troops in Ames
Burning Obama in effigy
Taking it to the haters in Des Moines

10/25:
Eating corn dogs
Barnstorming throughout Iowa
Rally with Rep. Louis Gohmert (R-TX) in Cedar Rapids

10/26:
Praying to Jesus!
Doing some hip thing with the 18-24 crowd
Exposing scandal within Romney campaign

10/27:
Barnstorming throughout Minnesota
Looking at a map and flying back across the border
Rally in Ames

10/28:
Kidnapping world's greatest scientists to work on a weather-controlling machine
Rally in Cedar Rapids with Rep. Allen West (R-FL) touting experience with drought relief

10/29:
Barnstorming throughout Iowa
Dance lessons with Marcus
Dance lessons with Louis Gohmert

10/30:
On the seventh day, God rested.

Debate answer to come later
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #91 on: May 05, 2013, 06:51:17 PM »
« Edited: May 05, 2013, 09:37:46 PM by ChairmanSanchez »

Jon Huntsman schedule, October 24th-October 30th.

October 24th:
Rally in Derry, New Hampshire.
Meet and Greet in Grafton, New Hampshire.

October 25th:
Rally in Manchester, New Hampshire with Tom Ridge.
Rally in Nashua, New Hampshire with Tom Ridge.
Fundraising with Tom Ridge in Boston, Massachusetts.

October 26th:
Rally in Miami, Florida with Congresswoman Ileana Ros-Lehtinen.
Rally in Fort Lauderdale, Florida with Congresswoman Ileana Ros-Lehtinen.
Fundraising with Congresswoman Ileana Ros-Lehtinen and former Governor Charlie Crist in Orlando, Florida.

October 27th:
Rally in Phoenix, Arizona.

October 28th:
Fundraising with Congressman Richard Hanna in Albany, New York.

October 29th:
Resting at home in Utah.

October 30th:
Speech and Meet and Greet with Asian-American Republicans in Las Angeles, California.

Debate response.
“President Obama’s misguided Middle East policies have directly contributed to a breakdown of the peace process. Our friends in Israel have lost confidence in this administration, and no longer feel the President understands Israel’s security needs. And unlike Secretary Clinton’s photogenic stunt in Russia, we cannot just press a “reset” button, because the people of Israel are rightfully dubious of this administration’s commitment to their security and independence.” Under a Huntsman administration, this will change!"
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #92 on: May 05, 2013, 07:24:44 PM »

Mitch Daniels's Schedule: From October 24 to October 30, 2011:

Barnstorming Early States:

October 24: Rallies and Fundraisers in Las Vegas, Nevada and Denver, Colorado with Brian Sandoval.
October 25: Fly to Florida, Rally in Miami, Barnstorming Orlando and Jacksonville.
October 26: Fly to Minnesota, Rally and Barnstorm in St. Paul and Minneapolis with Tim Pawlenty.
October 27: Barnstorm and Rally in Columbia and Charleston, South Carolina.
October 28: Bus Tour throughout South Carolina (Rock Hill, Greenhill and Summerville).
October 29: Barnstorm and Rally in Nashua, Concord and Manchester, New Hampshire.
October 30: Bus Tour throughout New Hampshire (Bedford, Hudson and Dover).

Announcements, Messages and Other Things:

1.-Sen. Richard Lugar endorses Daniels:

"He has been a close ally and friend since he was a part of my staff in the 1970's, and I have never doubted his ability and skill to lead in a very effective way. I’m for Governor Daniels for what he’s done, and for what he can do."

2.-Debate Response:

"As we know, we are facing a truly complicated matter on the Gordian Knot of Israel and Palestine. The Arab-Israeli dispute, which has gone on for generations now and may go on for future generations, is something that we need to solve by working with both sides, making sure that both Israel and Palestine can coexist peacefully. Israel is one of our closest allies, and as a President I will stand up with them. Still, we must not forget that this dispute has to be solved in a diplomatic way, and finding an acceptable solution to this conflict is as equally important as giving our support to our ally."

3.-Mitch Daniels Ad #2: (Played in Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina and Florida.)

(Pictures of several parts of America)

Voice Over: When was the last time you voted for someone, instead of voting against the other guy? (Silence) Me too.

(Pictures of Mitch Daniels as Governor)

Voice Over: Governor Mitch Daniels has what it takes to lead America into the right direction, having the experience, record and bold leadership we need. He now when to stay the course, and when to compromise, and that's why he's running for President.

Mitch Daniels: In these troubled and decisive times for America, voters need someone who can do the job, someone they can trust to do that job, and I want to be that man. I am Mitch Daniels, and I approve this ad.
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.29, S: -5.91

P
« Reply #93 on: May 05, 2013, 07:53:16 PM »

Ron Paul Ad to play in, IA, NH, SC:
http://youtu.be/UUNIeOB0whI

Ron Paul Campaign Schedule:
Oct 24:
Breakfast Q&A in Ames, IA
Town Hall in Davenport, IA

Oct 25:
Rally in Cedar Rapids, IA
Town hall in Iowa City, IA

Oct 26:
Appear on Fox News
Appear on Piers Morgan
Rally in Des Moines with Jesse Ventura

Oct 27:
Rally in Waterloo, IA with Rand Paul
Town Hall with Mike Lee in Davenport, IA
Fly to SC

Oct. 28:
Breakfast with Jim DeMint (seeking endorsement)
Rally in Charleston, SC
Fly to NH

Oct. 29:
Rally in Concord, NH
Town Hall in Manchester, NH

Oct. 30:
Rally in Nashua, NH
Rally in Salem, NH

Ron Paul Debate Answer:
How would I deal with Israel and Palestine? I would let them deal with each other! It is no business of ours to challenge the sovereignty of Israel! Netanyahu has come before congress and said that we don't need to build up Israel! They are doing great, without our help! We should stop giving all these countries around the world foreign aid! Our people are struggling her at home, while we give money to countries that are our enemies, or do not need foreign aid! We cannot afford to be giving out money to every country that asks! That's Welfare! Something Republicans are normally against! So we should protect the wishes of Israel, let them be and deal with their own problems, while we deal with ours.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #94 on: May 05, 2013, 10:49:15 PM »

Mitt Romney Campaign Schedule

October 24th: Accompanied by Former Senate Majority Leader Robert Dole
Tour of Hickory Hills Park - La Porte City, Iowa
Meet and Greet - Vinton, Iowa
Meeting with Linn County Republicans - Ceder Rapids, Iowa
Appearance on KGAN CBS 2 - Ceder Rapids, Iowa

Mitt Romney Speaking with Republicans in Ceder Rapids, Iowa

Thank you for having me here this evening.

Man, I don't know about you guys, but I'm ready to see a Republican in the White House again!

We all know the many weaknesses of the Obama administration, so I'm going to save you all some time tonight and not harp on why he's been a poor leader. We're not going to be able to change that about him. What I am here to talk about, though, is how I'm going to lead this country for the next four years if you give me the opportunity.

Unlike others in this race, I'm not a career politician. I'm a businessman, like many of you, and have spent almost all of my life in the private sector. I ran for Governor of Massachusetts in 2002 not for the power, but because I saw a real opportunity to turn our state around and get our house in order. I was fortunate to have been elected, and right away, we began focusing on the budget. I worked with Democrats and Republicans extensively on creating a fiscally smart budget, and believe me, I had to veto various pieces of it. But ultimately, we were able to pass a balanced budget by reigning in government spending, not be increasing taxes. We were able to keep Massachusetts' unemployment rate as one of the lowest in the nation, and were also able to put our education system as number one in the nation. What we did in Massachusetts...it worked.

As President, I understand the importance of working with both sides, and I have a proven record of doing just that. I'll end the era of partisan politics and work with both sides to develop a plan to get our nation a balanced budget - it's not going to be done overnight. President Obama has dug us in a hole deep enough that I know it will take several years. But with smart policies and the right leadership, I know we can do it.

My friends, tonight I'm asking you to give me a chance. I have the experience, the leadership capabilities, and the integrity to move our nation in the right direction. I look forward to continue pitching my case to you all and the rest of Iowa. Thank you, and God Bless!

October 25th: Accompanied by Former Senate Majority Leader Robert Dole
Outing at Jones Park Golf Course - Ceder Rapids, Iowa
Private Luncheon with Secretary of State Matt Schultz (Seeking Endorsement) - Ceder Rapids, Iowa
Joint Speech with Ann Romney on Healthy Living at Ceder Rapids Metro YMCA - Ceder Rapids, Iowa
Campaign Rally - Ceder Rapids, Iowa
Appearance on Glenn Beck

October 26th: Accompanied by Governor Chris Christie
Meet and Greet - North Liberty, Iowa
Meet and Greet - Williamsburg, Iowa
Town Hall Meeting - Brooklyn, Iowa
Speaking to students at Grinnell College - Grinnell City, Iowa
Flies to Nevada

Mitt Romney, greeting students at Grinnell College

Thank you for having me this evening on your beautiful campus!

Four years, ago, Barack Obama won Iowa Caucus, and probably the General Election as well, largely thanks to large, enthusiastic turnout from the youth of America. Back then, Senator Obama campaigned as a transformational leader, yet he has rejected transformational solutions such as the Simpson-Bowles plan, which gave D.C. a framework for averting this debt crisis. Instead of seeing transformational leadership, we've seen incompetent leadership. Many new college graduates are struggling to find work after graduation, and we have a growing debt that's going to be left to your generation to fix.

Guys, we can do better than this. You deserve better than this. I'm running for the Republican nomination with the hopes of restoring this nation's economic and building a strong, middle class. I want to do this by reigning in government spending, implementing a smart healthcare plan, and creating tax breaks to families and businesses. With the right policies, we can reduce unemloyment and get this country moving forward.

Four years ago, the youth of Iowa lead Obama to victory. I am now asking the youth of Iowa to join my campaign, get involved, and together, let's win this caucus for America's future!

October 27th: Accompanied by Senator Dean Heller
Meet and Greet - Summerlin, Nevada
Meet and Greet - Enterprise, Nevada
Private Meeting with Businessman Sheldon Adelson - Las Vegas, Nevada
Strategy Session with Nevada Campaign Team - Las Vegas, Nevada
Flies to Arizona

Mitt Romney, speaking with advisers in Nevada

Look, Nevada should be ours - it will be a great way to boost momentum heading into Colorado and Minnesota. I'm going to plan on making a couple more stops here, but unless polling starts to look bad, we're going to expect victory here. Between the high percentage of Mormons and our strength in Las Vegas and the surrounding area, we should be okay. Plan a stop here in December, and then again right before the caucus. I like our chances. We have Dean campaigning here on my behalf as well, and hopefully we can get some local Republicans to start endorsing us as well. Thanks everyone for your help - God Bless every one of you.

October 28th: Accompanied by Governor Jan Brewer
Meet and Greet - Scottsdale, Arizona
Meet and Greet - Glendale, Arizona
Meet and Greet - Sun City, Arizona
Campaign Rally - Paradise Valley Village, Arizona
Flies to New Hampshire

October 29th: Accompanied by Senator Kelly Ayotte and former Senator John E. Sununu
Opening of new campaign office - Grantham, New Hampshire
Meet and Greet - Newport, New Hampshire
Town Hall Meeting - Henniker, New Hampshire

October 30th: Accompanied by Kelly Ayotte
Town Hall Meeting - Concord, New Hampshire
Resting
Incipimus iterum
United States

« Reply #95 on: May 05, 2013, 11:04:57 PM »
« Edited: May 05, 2013, 11:10:57 PM by Pacific Justice IBDD »

Bob Corker Press Conference - October 25th, Ceder Rapids Iowa

Good afternoon.

Unfortunately, this campaign has not gone quite how we had hoped. Therefore, I will be ending my bid for the Republican nomination. I thank all those who worked tirelessly for our campaign - God Bless you. I just don't see a viable path going forward.

I hope to continue to play a role in bringing fiscal conservatism to Washington - we badly need some of that in the White House! That is why today I am announcing my endorsement of Mitt Romney for President. Whether it be leading Bain Capital, serving as the head of the SLC Olympics, or balancing budgets in Massachusetts, Mitt Romney has been a leader all of his life. He is the best man to take on Obama in November and he will made an excellent president. I look forward to campaigning on his behalf. Thank you and god bless.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #96 on: May 07, 2013, 12:31:30 AM »

Kay Bailey Hutchinson- October 24th-30th, 2007
Hutchinson Speaking to Iowan Republican Women

"America, as we face yet another election we must once again decide our future. We can have one of overspending and botched foreign policy or we can have a balanced happy future. The Democrats are putting forward the botched foreign policy and the horrible economic climate while the Republicans are putting forward a way to get out of this mess. We should be so much further along in our recovery, but this administration hasn't shown the economic prowess we need in Washington. Prices are rising at a time when incomes are falling and jobs are few. If you want real change and a brighter future this November vote for me."

Monday October 24th, 2011- IOWA
Rally in Cedar Rapids with John Thune and Tom Latham
Meet with farmer in Iowan Countryside with Tom Latham
Meet and Greet in Cedar Rapids
Opening Remarks at Iowa Republican Women meeting

Speech to Republican Women:
    "Ladies, our party has often been criticized of invoking Gender war policies, but by our presence here today we obviously disprove this. The Republican Party is our future and as more and more females enter the professional fields as well as the field of politics things will become much more streamlined. (laughter) The GOP is the party of the women. We are blessed to have so many females here today that evidence this. Susana Martinez, Nikki Haley, Mary Fallin, Linda Lingle, and Christine Todd Whitman are just some of the female members of our party committed to reaching the glass ceiling. There's a bright future for us and as we now stand together, facing yet another election, we need to choose a candidate that will be most beneficial to our cause. While I believe myself to be that candidate, its ultimately up to you!"

Tuesday October 25th, 2011- IOWA
Speech at Republican Women's Breakfast in Des Moines
Poolside Public Fundraiser open to public in Des Moines
Rally with Iowa State University Students at ISU

Wednesday October 26th, 2011- IOWA
Speech in Sioux City with George H.W. Bush and Nancy Reagan
Rally in Caroll Iowa with John Thune
Meet and Greet following Rally in Carroll
Square dancing fundraiser in Caroll

Thursday October 27th, 2011- SOUTH CAROLINA

Speech at Myrtle Beach to Young Republicans
Barnstorming and Canvassing in Myrtle Beach Suburbs
Appearance on the Jon Stewart show through cross country interview

Friday October 28th, 2011- SOUTH CAROLINA

Speech in Columbia on Foreign Policy
Rally in Charleston
Appearance on The O'Reilly Factor
Fundraiser in Charleston Convention Center

Saturday October 29th, 2011- NEW HAMPSHIRE
Rally in Concord
Speech at Dixville Notch on the importance of Democracy
Speech in Berlin on the Economy
Meet and Greet in Berlin following speech

Sunday October 30th, 2011
Appearance on "Meet the Press"

Debate Response:
     Following the great atrocities committed by the Nazis in World War 2 the United States has made a pledge to stand with Israel. They in return have been one of our greatest allies. We must now stand by our pledge and stand with Israel. We can not, as this administration has done, let them go to the wayside while they attempt to earn diplomatic points elsewhere with nations hat have been in the past, and continue to be in the present, threats to our security. This conflict has been going on for quite a while and unless we make it clear we stand with our Israeli allies it could go on for many more with thousands killed through both acts of terrorism and warfare. Israel has been one of our greatest friends and its time we were one of theirs.

John Thune endorses Kay Bailey Hutchinson-

"In my time in the Senate there's been one person whom I have seen work continuously and devotedly to her causes. That woman is Senator Kay Bailey Hutchinson. Shes been proven to be an amazing leader during her time in the Senate and I've truly learned how much of an asset she is for both our nation and our party.
     She will defend our nation and will improve our economy. America, if you're looking for the right candidate in this race, the one devoted to our great cause and the security of our citizens you've found her. Vote for Kay, our next President and the next Republican on 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue!"
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #97 on: May 07, 2013, 02:12:49 PM »

Michele Bachmann Debate Answer

"Well, John, obviously Israel is the 2nd-greatest nation on the Lord Jesus's green Earth, so it shoud take priority over all foreign nations when it comes to foreign aid and war and stuff. On the issue of Palestine, it must die for Israel to live. Palestinians are killing and murdering ordinary Israelis and it has to stop. If you elect me, Michele Bachmann, President of the United States, I will do everything in my power to stop the evil Palestinian Muslims from taking over any more Israeli land than they already have, and I will make sure the land they have is recognized as part of the state of Israel. If push comes to shove, I may be forced to use nuclear weapons to protect the right of the people of Israel to a Jewish state."
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #98 on: May 07, 2013, 02:21:05 PM »

Would it be too OOC for Obama to endorse Ron Paul or make him VP instead of Biden?
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #99 on: May 07, 2013, 02:36:50 PM »

Would it be too OOC for Obama to endorse Ron Paul or make him VP instead of Biden?

I think so.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 37  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies