Minnesota polling says GOP has the state in their corner (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 02:28:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Minnesota polling says GOP has the state in their corner (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Minnesota polling says GOP has the state in their corner  (Read 5270 times)
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« on: December 24, 2015, 04:38:11 PM »

Of course. MN will vote to the right of WI in 2016, and probably to the right of MI in 2020. It will eventually be more Republican than IN. It's a rather obvious example of a WV. Peterson will probably become it's Manchin.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2015, 10:45:33 PM »

lol surveyusa always deeply over-estimates the GOP in Minnesota.

And as usual, Kingpoleon strings together random words and non-analysis analysis.

Final SUSA MN GOV 2014 Poll: Dayton 47-42
Actual Results: Dayton 50-44

Pretty much right on in terms of margin.

I mean yes, but way far out they showed the Senate race as way closer.

SUSA does well in MN and, say, AZ, but it can't do that well in non-Lean states, be they toss-up or safe. I think Kasich or Christie could flip MN, as its swing regions are similar to Pennsylvania's.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2015, 09:55:13 AM »

lol surveyusa always deeply over-estimates the GOP in Minnesota.

And as usual, Kingpoleon strings together random words and non-analysis analysis.

thats why i have him on ignore.

O.... K....
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2015, 03:52:27 PM »

I deleted my initial response to this thread, because after looking at the actual numbers I was wrong in claiming Minnesota was effectively out of reach for the GOP barring something approaching A 1988 level national victory margin. Obama's statewide margin of victory last time was approximately 7.7%, almost exactly double his national popular vote margin of approximately 3.85%.. if the Republicans were to win the popular vote nationally by only about the same unimpressive margin Obama did, and assuming - - a big if I know - - Minnesota followed suit, then the state would then be on the Razors Edge of flipping.

Mind you, Republicans need to understand that anything less than an Obama 2012 victory margin nationally almost surely means Hillary will carry MN.

If MN trended D, I'd be surprised. If it trends R by even one point, it would be won by as great a margin as NC in 2012 with an Obama 2012 sized victory.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies