The Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 11:59:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 ... 80
Author Topic: The Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts  (Read 263648 times)
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #975 on: December 10, 2012, 11:27:09 AM »

Native Americans have been made dependent on government as the result of liberal Democrat welfare state policies.

(Materiel as in the other two sentences of the post above is also getting quoted into this thread all the time, but does not really belong here. This sentence does.)

Where does he get this stuff?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #976 on: December 10, 2012, 02:54:58 PM »

*A point could then be made that I am by far the most qualified poster to be a mod here since I am paid to moderate.

Before Mr. Kemp or Joe Republic puts this here...... Cheesy 
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #977 on: December 10, 2012, 06:05:07 PM »

Women don't tend to obsess over specific fields of minutaie the way men do. A lot of the political gossip here is very analagous to female oriented celebrity magazines, but there is nothing they're into that compares to creating a national swing map by county. That's something only a guy would do.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #978 on: December 10, 2012, 09:05:44 PM »

Women don't tend to obsess over specific fields of minutaie the way men do. A lot of the political gossip here is very analagous to female oriented celebrity magazines, but there is nothing they're into that compares to creating a national swing map by county. That's something only a guy would do.

Really, don't most of Memphis's posts in that thread belong here?
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #979 on: December 10, 2012, 11:22:58 PM »

Really, don't most of Memphis's posts in that thread belong here?

That was the only one at the time I submitted it here. 'Welcome to the Deluge' was in my first response to him.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #980 on: December 11, 2012, 04:03:31 PM »
« Edited: December 11, 2012, 04:06:13 PM by realisticidealist »

realisticidealist, C is the only acceptable option.

C may be the best, but I disagree that it's the only acceptable option. For example, I don't think we should have referenda and initatives. They've done terrible things to Washington and California, and they are the opposite of the type of government that I'd prefer.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #981 on: December 11, 2012, 04:22:53 PM »

realisticidealist, C is the only acceptable option.

C may be the best, but I disagree that it's the only acceptable option. For example, I don't think we should have referenda and initatives. They've done terrible things to Washington and California, and they are the opposite of the type of government that I'd prefer.

True. C and one of the two sub-options of B, rather.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #982 on: December 11, 2012, 05:40:49 PM »

During my time on this forum, I've been known to ruffle plenty of feathers.  If you are one of those people, then I hope that you will read this.  As nearly all of you who are familiar with me and my posting history know, I am passionate about civil rights and civil rights history.  (But contrary to popular misconception, I am indeed white, not black.)  And in the midst of that I have jokingly said some things that were bigoted and hateful toward Southerners.  Although I must admit that those feelings are real, I would like to apologize for voicing them.  I will try not to continue making such posts, and if I do, please feel free to report me.  Thank you.

I had to bold the best line.
CountryRoads
United States

« Reply #983 on: December 11, 2012, 06:53:49 PM »

During my time on this forum, I've been known to ruffle plenty of feathers.  If you are one of those people, then I hope that you will read this.  As nearly all of you who are familiar with me and my posting history know, I am passionate about civil rights and civil rights history.  (But contrary to popular misconception, I am indeed white, not black.)  And in the midst of that I have jokingly said some things that were bigoted and hateful toward Southerners.  Although I must admit that those feelings are real, I would like to apologize for voicing them.  I will try not to continue making such posts, and if I do, please feel free to report me.  Thank you.

Lmaaaaaaaao. That is some amazing stuff right there Oldies lol
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #984 on: December 11, 2012, 08:57:08 PM »

Lmaaaaaaaao. That is some amazing stuff right there Oldies lol
I meant that in all seriousness.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #985 on: December 11, 2012, 08:59:29 PM »

More historical revisionism from our favorite historical revisionist:

As for the Election Thief Franken, I have no idea why Minnesota would elect him (or rather, why the state Supreme Court would select him.)  I also have no idea why he would be popular.  I can already see the perfect bumper sticker: "Re-Defeat Franken 2014."  But then again, they did elect Jesse Ventura as their governor in 1998, so I guess it's not that surprising.  But that proves just how pathetic Minnesota voters (and their state Supreme Court) are.  And Norm Coleman was a hardworking, constituent-oriented Senator too.  (Then again, he was reelected, but the convicted felons and the Minnesota Supreme Court stole it from him.) 
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #986 on: December 12, 2012, 12:21:49 AM »

Keeping in mind the possibility that the next Veep may not have been elected to office yet (see Richard Nixon, Spiro Agnew and Sarah Palin), or may not have risen to prominence yet (see Paul Ryan).

Hillary's qualifications are impressive enough that she doesn't need to make up for any shortcomings. And she can have her pick of middle-aged to old white guys. I don't think she'd choose a woman, or anyone from New York/ Arkansas.

The long list would include...
Mark Warner- Because of his combination of business/ executive and legislative experience, as well as his help in a crucial swing state.
Tim Kaine- Same reason. He's also slightly younger than Warner.
Charlie Crist- May help in Florida. Will allow Clinton to depict the Republicans as a group of crazy radicals.
Julian Castro- Can excite Latinos and younger voters. Executive of a city with a population greater than New Hampshire.
John Hickenlooper- Swing state Governor.
Martin O'Malley- Does no harm. Currently under Fifty.
Brian Schweitzer- Politically talented.
Jon Tester- Survived two close elections. Appeal to rural white voters.
Gavin Newsom- The most prominent white guy under fifty (in 2016) the Democrats seem to have. Possible Governor of California.

So why are you excluding Gov. Deval Patrick

Frodo's obsession with black people is getting downright weird. Just because he happens to be an incumbent officeholder does not qualify him or anything.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #987 on: December 12, 2012, 01:16:38 AM »

Keeping in mind the possibility that the next Veep may not have been elected to office yet (see Richard Nixon, Spiro Agnew and Sarah Palin), or may not have risen to prominence yet (see Paul Ryan).

Hillary's qualifications are impressive enough that she doesn't need to make up for any shortcomings. And she can have her pick of middle-aged to old white guys. I don't think she'd choose a woman, or anyone from New York/ Arkansas.

The long list would include...
Mark Warner- Because of his combination of business/ executive and legislative experience, as well as his help in a crucial swing state.
Tim Kaine- Same reason. He's also slightly younger than Warner.
Charlie Crist- May help in Florida. Will allow Clinton to depict the Republicans as a group of crazy radicals.
Julian Castro- Can excite Latinos and younger voters. Executive of a city with a population greater than New Hampshire.
John Hickenlooper- Swing state Governor.
Martin O'Malley- Does no harm. Currently under Fifty.
Brian Schweitzer- Politically talented.
Jon Tester- Survived two close elections. Appeal to rural white voters.
Gavin Newsom- The most prominent white guy under fifty (in 2016) the Democrats seem to have. Possible Governor of California.

So why are you excluding Gov. Deval Patrick?  

Frodo's obsession with black people is getting downright weird. Just because he happens to be an incumbent officeholder does not qualify him or anything.

Patrick has been mentioned as a 2016 candidate. Even if he wasn't, there wouldn't be any thing absurd, ignorant, or bad about the post.

You, once again, fail.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #988 on: December 12, 2012, 02:10:45 AM »

The response to this is more proof that critical thinking is dead.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #989 on: December 12, 2012, 03:55:24 AM »

If she doesn't appoint Scott, she's an HP. Or more of one.

This would be the case if Scott weren't an HP.

But it isn't, because he's a black.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #990 on: December 12, 2012, 07:34:12 AM »

how do people feel about a "no arguing in the Deluge" rule (like the Comedy Goldmine) is...or does awkward self-defense just add to this thread's charms?
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #991 on: December 12, 2012, 07:35:25 AM »

how do people feel about a "no arguing in the Deluge" rule (like the Comedy Goldmine) is...or does awkward self-defense just add to this thread's charms?
Strongly endorse. The "good thing you're posting directly into the Deluge" stuff is awful.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #992 on: December 12, 2012, 08:11:23 AM »
« Edited: December 12, 2012, 08:13:40 AM by Oldiesfreak1854 »

More historical revisionism from our favorite historical revisionist:

As for the Election Thief Franken, I have no idea why Minnesota would elect him (or rather, why the state Supreme Court would select him.)  I also have no idea why he would be popular.  I can already see the perfect bumper sticker: "Re-Defeat Franken 2014."  But then again, they did elect Jesse Ventura as their governor in 1998, so I guess it's not that surprising.  But that proves just how pathetic Minnesota voters (and their state Supreme Court) are.  And Norm Coleman was a hardworking, constituent-oriented Senator too.  (Then again, he was reelected, but the convicted felons and the Minnesota Supreme Court stole it from him.)  
I'm not a historical revisionist, but I'd hate to turn up the opportunity to be your favorite Lief. Wink
Northeast Rep Snowball
hiboby1998
United States

« Reply #993 on: December 12, 2012, 01:46:00 PM »

I guees so, but some of the best stuff (see winfield and bad quoting) has come from retorts.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« Reply #994 on: December 12, 2012, 03:50:45 PM »

The opportunity for awkward self-defense is why this thread exists.  Arguing in the Good Post gallery - especially about Berlusconi - should be verboten.
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #995 on: December 12, 2012, 03:53:51 PM »

I would have thought that the entire purpose of this thread makes arguing within it inevitable.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #996 on: December 12, 2012, 04:18:55 PM »

Either way, we must continue to let this live and not succumb to the imposter thread.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #997 on: December 12, 2012, 04:41:12 PM »

Either way, we must continue to let this live and not succumb to the imposter thread.

We'll never abandon The Deluge.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #998 on: December 12, 2012, 05:04:38 PM »

The opportunity for awkward self-defense is why this thread exists.

This.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #999 on: December 12, 2012, 08:38:47 PM »

The worst approach, which is unsurprisingly the one you appear to prefer due to your own concupiscent selfishness (or selfish concupiscence, it's all the same), is the one taken by the countries in blue on this map.

What's wrong with banning organized (ie, exploited) prostitution?

The prostitute are charged for soliciting customers, the customer isn't charged, as he did nothing illegal.

In Canada, note than the Ontario courts stuck down the law, Government is appealing.

That sucks, yeah. However, I would say that ideally laws should punish customers and pimps, while leaving prostitutes alone (ideally, offering them opportunities for another professional orientation).

Why treat potentially distasteful manual labor involving a vagina any differently from potentially distasteful manual labor involving one's hands? Surely you don't advocate saving female janitors or factory workers and "offering them opportunities for professional orientation"? At least a prostitute gets paid considerably more (a prostitute in a place with sensible laws, at least).
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies