Donald Trump caught on hot mic bragging about sexually assaulting women
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 07:29:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Donald Trump caught on hot mic bragging about sexually assaulting women
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27
Author Topic: Donald Trump caught on hot mic bragging about sexually assaulting women  (Read 46714 times)
Smeulders
Rookie
Belgium

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #500 on: October 08, 2016, 05:26:51 PM »

Map of relative strength of Google searches for "Donald Trump" by state currently:

Interesting that it appears to be basically a map of Democratic support. Clinton supporters enjoying the show?
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #501 on: October 08, 2016, 05:28:17 PM »

Map of relative strength of Google searches for "Donald Trump" by state currently:

Interesting that it appears to be basically a map of Democratic support. Clinton supporters enjoying the show?

That's my best guess. Montana and Arizona are both interesting, though. Plus the top three states are Maine, Vermont, and New Hampshire, which I'm sure TN Volunteer will find amusing.
BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #502 on: October 08, 2016, 05:42:44 PM »

Poor Bible Belt
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #503 on: October 08, 2016, 05:43:12 PM »

So...we know Trump's strategy now.

Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #504 on: October 08, 2016, 05:45:09 PM »

......yes? You haven't met enough "real" white men if that isn't obvious to you.
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #505 on: October 08, 2016, 06:03:02 PM »

I hear Juanita Broaddrick on Hannity in the car earlier today claiming that after Bill allegedly bit her lip and left her alone in her room, she cried for hours and was terrified that he would send men up there to kill her and "get rid of the body."  And that he sent agents to shoot out her car tires with a nail gun, kill her dog and then threaten to kill her children and her neighbor's children.

Doesn't get more credible than that, folks!
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #506 on: October 08, 2016, 06:05:05 PM »

I used to buy into the idea that rape culture was just SJW nonsense, but the reaction to Trump's remarks has proved it's real.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #507 on: October 08, 2016, 06:09:00 PM »

I don't know why he thinks this well help, this has already been litigated by the courts/media/public and all it did was rise the popularity of Bill and especially Hillary. This will only make people for sympathetic towards Hillary.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #508 on: October 08, 2016, 06:12:53 PM »

Trump is ready for war with the Republican Party:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #509 on: October 08, 2016, 06:18:20 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1jf2hOkec4
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #510 on: October 08, 2016, 06:19:59 PM »

This is basically like watching a 100-car pileup on an icy highway.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #511 on: October 08, 2016, 06:23:04 PM »

Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #512 on: October 08, 2016, 06:23:27 PM »

It's becoming a serious question to wonder whether we're heading towards a 3 party (Dem maj, center-right opp, populist fascist opp) system. How is the GOP going to withstand this? What a mess.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #513 on: October 08, 2016, 06:25:42 PM »
« Edited: October 08, 2016, 06:29:18 PM by ProudModerate2 »

...... and cars are still crashing and piling-up as we speak.
So it very well might be 200 to 300 cars before this is all done (and of course throw-in about 20 or so, semi-trucks with full forty-foot trailers).
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #514 on: October 08, 2016, 06:33:57 PM »

BANTZ
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #515 on: October 08, 2016, 06:34:47 PM »

holy s*** there are people here defending him lmaowtf jesus guys jesus
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #516 on: October 08, 2016, 06:36:52 PM »

Wait isn't realisticidealist some sort of religious? And he's defending a guy bragging about raping women while his newly wed wife is pregnant with his son? lmao

Even weirder: Catholic. Pretty sure they are Against this sort of thing.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #517 on: October 08, 2016, 06:42:14 PM »

Wait isn't realisticidealist some sort of religious? And he's defending a guy bragging about raping women while his newly wed wife is pregnant with his son? lmao

Even weirder: Catholic. Pretty sure they are Against this sort of thing.

...we are!
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #518 on: October 08, 2016, 07:07:35 PM »

eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.00, S: -5.65

« Reply #519 on: October 08, 2016, 07:17:10 PM »

The Wall Street Journal writes this:

“Our party is in its deepest crisis since Watergate in 1974,” said Ron Nehring, former chairman of the California Republican Party, referring to the mid-term election when the resignation of then-President Richard M. Nixon led to a Democratic landslide. “It’s compounded by the fact that it doesn’t matter whether Donald Trump were to bow out. It’s too late to change the candidate on the ballot.”
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #520 on: October 08, 2016, 07:22:13 PM »

that is very interesting. Obviously having a conservative woman speaking for Trump would be better than a guy on his 3rd wife who had public affairs.   

Either Conway is needed to much for debate prep, or maybe she is out of the inner circle? (maybe by her own choice?).
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.00, S: -5.65

« Reply #521 on: October 08, 2016, 07:36:04 PM »

From Breitbart of all places:

The breath-mint company Tic Tacs released a statement following the release of a tape of Donald Trump making lewd comments to Billy Bush in 2005.
“Tic Tac respects all women,” Tics Tacs declared on Twitter. “We find the recent statements and behavior completely inappropriate and unacceptable.”

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2016/10/08/tic-tacs-denounces-trump-tic-tacs-respects-all-women/
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #522 on: October 08, 2016, 07:36:41 PM »

I was not surprised when I heard of that whole thing. The Trumpster showed his real face. As Joe Biden (I think it was him?) once said: If someone shows you who he is, believe him in the first place.

#MakeAmericaSexistAgain

And, yet, Joe Biden supported Bill Clinton twice.  He still apologizes for him.

I voted for Bill Clinton twice as well.  And I voted for Trump in the primary.  (I'm a registered Republican of convenience now; I was a registered Democrat up until 1994.)  I guess I'm part of the problem both ways.  I have had a number of life experiences, most notably my experience of working as a facilitator of intervention groups for Domestic Violence perpetrators since 2000 that have affected my opinion on the issues of the conduct of Mr. Clinton, and now Mr. Trump, greatly.

In 1992, Secretary of Labor Lynn Martin gave the nominating speech for Bush 41.  It's a speech that's been forgotten, but it touched on the Clinton revelations (Gennifer Flowers in particular, but others).  Several times, Sec. Martin stated the following:  "You cannot be one kind of man and another kind of President."  It's hard to say what the voters thought of that, as Clinton won with only 43% of the vote, but the entire Clinton Presidency, and his post-Presidency to boot has been about Clinton's supporters (and, indeed, the whole of the National Democratic Party) insist that once can, indeed, be one kind of man and a different kind of President.

This is the double standard here that I object to.  Clinton supporters insist that Bill Clinton could be one kind of man in private and a different kind of President, but they refuse to believe that Donald Trump can do the same.  I realize that Hillary is not Bill, but she orchestrated a campaign to discredit Bill's accusers (Juanita Broaddrick and Kathleen Willey most prominently) as "nuts and sluts".  Bill, indeed, could not really couldn't be two kinds of men; his philandering extended to the Oval Office and to an intern of the Executive Branch.  It caused him to lie under oath.  It caused him to be disbarred by the Supreme Court.  And Hillary covered for this, did Bill's dirty work in trashing Broaddrick and Willey (and others).  If Donald Trump can't be one king of man and another kind of President, I'd ask two questions:

1.  Why do you think Bill Clinton was one kind of man and another kind of President?

2.  Why do you think Hillary Clinton won't underhandedly trash HER enemies as she did Juanita Broaddrick and Kathleen Willey?

I can no longer support Trump in good conscience.  I will probably vote for Gary Johnson.  I will not vote for Hillary, however, because if Donald Trump can't be one kind of man and another kind of President, Hillary can't either.  And she's not a person worthy of the kind of deification she receives around here.  

BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #523 on: October 08, 2016, 07:39:18 PM »

I was not surprised when I heard of that whole thing. The Trumpster showed his real face. As Joe Biden (I think it was him?) once said: If someone shows you who he is, believe him in the first place.

#MakeAmericaSexistAgain

And, yet, Joe Biden supported Bill Clinton twice.  He still apologizes for him.

I voted for Bill Clinton twice as well.  And I voted for Trump in the primary.  (I'm a registered Republican of convenience now; I was a registered Democrat up until 1994.)  I guess I'm part of the problem both ways.  I have had a number of life experiences, most notably my experience of working as a facilitator of intervention groups for Domestic Violence perpetrators since 2000 that have affected my opinion on the issues of the conduct of Mr. Clinton, and now Mr. Trump, greatly.

In 1992, Secretary of Labor Lynn Martin gave the nominating speech for Bush 41.  It's a speech that's been forgotten, but it touched on the Clinton revelations (Gennifer Flowers in particular, but others).  Several times, Sec. Martin stated the following:  "You cannot be one kind of man and another kind of President."  It's hard to say what the voters thought of that, as Clinton won with only 43% of the vote, but the entire Clinton Presidency, and his post-Presidency to boot has been about Clinton's supporters (and, indeed, the whole of the National Democratic Party) insist that once can, indeed, be one kind of man and a different kind of President.

This is the double standard here that I object to.  Clinton supporters insist that Bill Clinton could be one kind of man in private and a different kind of President, but they refuse to believe that Donald Trump can do the same.  I realize that Hillary is not Bill, but she orchestrated a campaign to discredit Bill's accusers (Juanita Broaddrick and Kathleen Willey most prominently) as "nuts and sluts".  Bill, indeed, could not really couldn't be two kinds of men; his philandering extended to the Oval Office and to an intern of the Executive Branch.  It caused him to lie under oath.  It caused him to be disbarred by the Supreme Court.  And Hillary covered for this, did Bill's dirty work in trashing Broaddrick and Willey (and others).  If Donald Trump can't be one king of man and another kind of President, I'd ask two questions:

1.  Why do you think Bill Clinton was one kind of man and another kind of President?

2.  Why do you think Hillary Clinton won't underhandedly trash HER enemies as she did Juanita Broaddrick and Kathleen Willey?

I can no longer support Trump in good conscience.  I will probably vote for Gary Johnson.  I will not vote for Hillary, however, because if Donald Trump can't be one kind of man and another kind of President, Hillary can't either.  And she's not a person worthy of the kind of deification she receives around here.  

What you talkin' bout Willis?
Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« Reply #524 on: October 08, 2016, 07:39:39 PM »
« Edited: October 08, 2016, 08:13:17 PM by Interlocutor »

The Wall Street Journal writes this:

“Our party is in its deepest crisis since Watergate in 1974,” said Ron Nehring, former chairman of the California Republican Party, referring to the mid-term election when the resignation of then-President Richard M. Nixon led to a Democratic landslide. “It’s compounded by the fact that it doesn’t matter whether Donald Trump were to bow out. It’s too late to change the candidate on the ballot.”

Certainly for California Republicans. CA-49 is looking like a tossup now, especially since we start voting on Tuesday. Doesn't help Issa was announced yesterday as joining Trump's national security advisory team
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies