GA-6 Special election discussion thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 09, 2024, 12:12:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  GA-6 Special election discussion thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: GA-6 Special election discussion thread  (Read 253441 times)
swf541

« on: April 18, 2017, 08:26:21 PM »

In very typical fashion people are getting way to invested here earlier today someone on this thread would have told you upper 40's against Handel was a good position for Ossoff but now libs are doom and gloom an reps are declaring Handel rep

Pretty much upper 40s ossoff is impressive, also wouldn't the runoff being in summer lead to more young voters in college being present?
swf541

« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2017, 08:30:13 PM »

Well this sucks if you are a Democrat...

Very few thought ossoff could get high 40s earlier today wtf is wrong with dems and their doom and gloom
swf541

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2017, 08:41:36 PM »

What a great Tom Brady style comeback. Trump wins again.
Pretty sure Trump's the reason this district is even close...

A reason, perhaps. Not the reason. A fractured field and a massive money advantage from out of state donors count for something.

Err Yea the presidential election showed this to be true last year lol
Gop 2018 nightmare is districts like this that shifted towards the dems in 16 realigning which this seems to be showing
swf541

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2017, 09:32:11 PM »

Also one of the minor gop canidate who I thought was getting just under one percent was running as a Muslim doctor who o thought was anti trump could see that small number abstaining or voting dem or the margin of ossoff is at like 48 this seems notable
swf541

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2017, 10:15:44 AM »

Both conducted before the ahca passed the house and Handel endorsing it...
swf541

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2017, 08:30:25 PM »

I see Atlas has hit the panic button

Possibly. I don't even understand why. This race was still functionally a toss-up even when Ossoff had a tiny lead, and even if Handel now has a tiny lead in some polls, it's still as much a toss-up as it was before.

I'd say I am no more nervous than I was 3 weeks ago, as it's unavoidable in a toss-up where the stakes are largely symbolic but heavily so - Democrats need a win for morale, which would also help with recruiting and fundraising.
Yea we get a fake poll and then a junk poll and then ATLAS PANIC BUTTON FEVER.  The race was always close and shockingly /s is still close! Who would have thought a toss up race would stay within the margin of error?
swf541

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2017, 11:12:14 PM »

If Ossof wins, is it the biggest political news story of 2017?

If he looses it will be because the dems have in my opinion put all their eggs and hope into this one special election that they could have won.
If he looses Trump surrogates will immediately go on TV saying things along the lines of "The democrats spent 30 million dollars and still can't win anything" or something similar...Dems need a win...not for an extra seat in congress but for the hope

What other baskets did they have to put eggs into?  None of the specials really should have been competitive, albeit maybe Montana but Quist was a poor nominee
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies