The Examiner: Election Tracker (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 31, 2024, 10:16:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Examiner: Election Tracker (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: The Examiner: Election Tracker  (Read 194591 times)
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« on: March 21, 2008, 03:13:41 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

LOL, what a clueless clown.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2008, 05:27:20 PM »

LOL, what a clueless clown.
I wouldn't go as far as to call Xahar a clown, but has he seen the Pacific legislature lately? 

Funny, I actually consider the Pacific legislature to be one of the best, second now perhaps to the Northeastern one.

Even if it does nothing but regularly dispatch pure liquified crazy, at least it's doing something.
but its anything but stagnant.

Remove bgwah and the region would barely register any activity. The region is stagnant, it's Governor is not. Unfortunately, the Governor seems quite happy with the stagnancy; and indeed, with exporting it regularly to the Senate.

wow, thanks I feel the love...           Wink

In fairness to you CK, I'm sure you may well be an active and engaged Senator - however you were only chosen when the Governor ran out of other options and because you very conveniently switched party allegiance to help him out. Though it doesn't demonstrate stagnancy, it doesn't necessarily reflect all that positively otherwise.

I always would've supported him had he been a member of my party. Smiley

I'm not sure I would say I ran out of options, either, as the JCP could have appointed someone from any state. If the choice had been limited to D5 then maybe you would be correct.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2008, 07:12:10 PM »

I'm not sure I would say I ran out of options, either, as the JCP could have appointed someone from any state. If the choice had been limited to D5 then maybe you would be correct.

By my reckoning, your only real option would've been BRTD (I don't see the post tempting opebo to leave the court) - and I'm not sure BRTD would've been all that interested. It would have been very interesting to see what what have happened had CultureKing not went running.

I'm sure we could've recruited someone.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2008, 09:18:15 PM »
« Edited: March 22, 2008, 09:20:04 PM by bgwah »

By my reckoning, your only real option would've been BRTD (I don't see the post tempting opebo to leave the court) - and I'm not sure BRTD would've been all that interested. It would have been very interesting to see what what have happened had CultureKing not went running.

So are you saying that the better option would be to not switch parties and instead let District 5 be represented by either a very inactive member or someone who is not even from the district? I feel that my decision enabled the voters of District 5 a chance to have a representative that would be active as well as one who would represent their ideas and stances well in the senate.

But others saw it as opportunism. While I respect your argument, the comment you gave when you switched parties didn't help.

At least come back to the PLP now that you'll never have to face voters in the Pacific again.

You're still bitter about being annihilated in the run-off, aren't you? Wink
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2008, 09:21:05 PM »

I'm a dictator? lol

Get back to me when I amend the constitution to require 75% of the region to remove me.

Thanks.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2008, 09:31:44 PM »

I'm a dictator? lol

Get back to me when I amend the constitution to require 75% of the region to remove me.

Thanks.

What's wrong with double standards?

You're not even making sense anymore.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2008, 09:47:49 PM »

Fine. Enlighten me with your logic.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2008, 09:53:51 PM »

Translation: You are not a dictator, and I, being the whiny crybaby that I am, seek to discredit you with lies.

Although I have to give it to you, Xahar, there isn't anybody else in this game I like watching lose more. Smiley
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2008, 09:58:59 PM »

Translation: You are not a dictator, and I, being the whiny crybaby that I am, seek to discredit you with lies.

Although I have to give it to you, Xahar, there isn't anybody else in this game I like watching lose more. Smiley

There you have it. My argument in a nutshell.

Listen, I know you like to think you're being clever, but in the end you're just proving to everyone what a moron you are. Smiley

Nobody.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2008, 03:05:03 PM »

Oh really? But...But...

Bitter? Not really; I have so many other options.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2008, 11:01:19 PM »

'

tee hee
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2008, 02:04:55 PM »

Realistically, this is the best ticket the PLP could have put forward.

Hard to argue with that, considering you're not on it... Wink
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2008, 04:11:19 PM »

The PLP's national headquarters looms in Nyman, DC.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2008, 04:18:47 PM »

The PLP's national headquarters looms in Nyman, DC.
you have the right idea. more lightning would be a nice touch, though. maybe a fire.

And one of the letters should be flickering on and off.

I tried making the right P falling off (to symbolize the shape of things to come for the PLP Wink), but it didn't look as good.

Now, the question remains, who is going to be cool enough to know which building I used? I wouldn't be surprised if Lewis or Al recognizes it.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2008, 07:18:08 PM »

Am I the only one who doesn't like this system at all? Just seems so unnecessarily complicated. A lot of people are going to be confused.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2008, 11:35:05 PM »

I've always been amused by the morons who complain about low turnout and then get mad at me for getting voters.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2008, 09:25:08 AM »

What's to be welcomed about people whose only involvement in Atlasia is to turn up to vote every few months? What good does that do anyone?

lol
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2008, 10:12:15 PM »

Alcon is a JCP loyalist? lulz, where do u get this stuff?
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2008, 07:12:40 PM »

My moving to the federal level did weaken the JCP in the Pacific a bit. Though I'm not sure I would consider moving from ruling a region to ruling a nation a weakening, really! Wink

And we haven't used any "dead voters," whatever the hell that is supposed to mean.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2008, 11:04:15 PM »

In the past I probably would've liked being SoFA.

But now that we have this system? Never!
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2009, 05:21:19 AM »

National:
1) BrandonH
2) Franzl
3) Marokai
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2009, 06:24:03 PM »

lol
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2009, 05:25:02 PM »

Just a few days ago, Sen. realisticidealist introduced The Beginner's Guide to Atlasia Act onto the Senate legislative agenda on behalf of Attorney General Marokai Blue. The bill seeks to replace the Introduction to Atlasia Act – a piece of legislation which gives the President responsibility for the upkeep of an Introduction to Atlasia thread. The measure though has been oft ignored; indeed no President has performed their responsibilities under the Act since its introduction.

Can't say I knew that was my responsibility, to be honest. Though I suppose the fact that I never saw any of my predecessors doing it may have something to do with it.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2009, 05:36:36 PM »

Just a few days ago, Sen. realisticidealist introduced The Beginner's Guide to Atlasia Act onto the Senate legislative agenda on behalf of Attorney General Marokai Blue. The bill seeks to replace the Introduction to Atlasia Act – a piece of legislation which gives the President responsibility for the upkeep of an Introduction to Atlasia thread. The measure though has been oft ignored; indeed no President has performed their responsibilities under the Act since its introduction.

Can't say I knew that was my responsibility, to be honest. Though I suppose the fact that I never saw any of my predecessors doing it may have something to do with it.

I'd be happy to take over the responsibilities, if the Senate moves on the legislation this month. Tongue

Isn't this just a temporary solution to the supposed problem that is only convenient right now, though? Perhaps in a year's time, the AG won't want to do it and the SoFA will. Or maybe the President will want to do it again. If such positions still exist.

Perhaps it should be changed to something along the lines of "Maintaining the Introduction to Atlasia thread will be the President's responsibility, though he may delegate it to a member of his cabinet if they are willing"
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2009, 10:54:09 PM »

Eyes may now turn to the JCP to see whether the party will be putting forward a candidate to defend a seat they've held for over 2 years.

Oh my, it has been a while hasn't it? I wonder if that's a record.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies