Someone reassure me (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 08:05:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Someone reassure me (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Someone reassure me  (Read 4411 times)
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: September 15, 2016, 09:13:39 PM »

Are we going to have this nonsense again?

Remember before the DNC?

"OMG, Clinton is collapsing!!! Oh, no!!! What are we going to do?!?"

Except that the conventions are over, and Trump continues to essentially say what he wants now with little to no repercussions.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2016, 01:48:17 PM »

People here freak out too much in all directions. My feeling is still that a candidate that has trailed almost all the time is unlikely to end up ahead.

The problem is that this election seems far more unstable than previous ones--all that needs to happen is for the election to coincide with Trump simply having a good day or two or Clinton having a bad few days, even if 90% of the voters regret it two days later, it won't matter, it'll be over.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2016, 08:41:28 PM »

In spite of that, our country has a lot going for it, which makes it a great place to live. And that's no horsesh**t. 

I agree with everything but this. If this country had anything going for it, and was even a halfway decent country, we would not have Trump as the nominee of any party. The fact that he is brings me nothing but shame and doubt that we deserve to be independent in the first place. Maybe Canada could clean things up, but that's unfortunately not an option.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2016, 12:49:34 AM »

What's next for the Clinton camp? What are we going to do to stop this nosedive?

Appearing on a stage next to Trump three times in a row will more than do the trick.
Are you joking?  Ask Jeb Bush and Marco Rubio and Ted Cruz...

You do realize a-primary turnout is usually about 20% of GE turnout, and b-half of the people in the primary didn't cast a ballot with any of the above on it, so you can't use one to predict the other. And the GE does not feature more than two actual competitive candidate.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies