working fast food (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 08:05:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  working fast food (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ....
worked it

havent worked it

never would work it

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 48

Author Topic: working fast food  (Read 3761 times)
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

« on: July 13, 2013, 09:26:54 PM »

is it true that advancement opportunities happen quickly in the fast food industry?

I got a job at McDonald's when I was 18, and was promoted to management a little less than two years later.  I only stayed there for another year after that, as there is not much further you can climb unless you are willing to stick around for another 10+ years and hope that the restaurant supervisor retires.

As a crew member, we were entitled to half-price meals, and as a manager, free food, although I generally ate for free before that anyway.

It wasn't really the worst job in the world (certainly more fun than I've always perceived retail to be), but you have to put up with your share of abusive / overly entitled customers, particularly at night, and the 'shiftwork' hours prevent you from having a healthy sleeping pattern.  I found similar work with fixed hours, Monday to Friday, upon moving to Sydney and probably wouldn't go back to it unless I couldn't find anything else.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2013, 07:38:58 AM »

ive applied for a job at mcdonalds.  my credentials as a poor are unquestioned.

...cue elitist comments from opebo.

My comments are never elitist, Mitty.  How much does the McDonald pay?

In MA, no more than $8.50/hr.

Good luck with the application, WalterMitty.  I do hope that you specified a 24/7 availability - that was pretty much the only thing my restaurant looked at once the applicant was over the age of 18.  And, of course, a keen interest in the job if they got an interview.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2013, 01:33:14 AM »

Never would work it. I don't have the kind of energy to bust my balls for minimum wage.

and people call me an elitist?

It's not necessarily elitist to point out that a lot of people simply can't work that hard for so little in return.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies