Comey Acted on Russian Intelligence he knew was fake during 2016 Election
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 10:07:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Comey Acted on Russian Intelligence he knew was fake during 2016 Election
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Comey Acted on Russian Intelligence he knew was fake during 2016 Election  (Read 280 times)
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 26, 2017, 12:15:10 PM »

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/26/politics/james-comey-fbi-investigation-fake-russian-intelligence/index.html
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2017, 12:19:47 PM »

wtf

gianforte, if true
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2017, 12:21:29 PM »

He should be in prison.
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2017, 12:29:40 PM »

I take Comey at his word. Again, unfortunate situation and a tough year. He did the best he could.
EnglishPete

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2017, 12:29:52 PM »

LOL. It wasn't that he knew it was fake. It was that he worried that it wasn't fake and he wanted to cover Lynch's and Obama's arses when letting Hillary off the hook. Besides which Lynch needed to be excused making the decision anyway after she was snapped taking that plane ride with Bill Clinton discussing, ahem, their grandchildren.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2017, 12:31:44 PM »

I take Comey at his word. Again, unfortunate situation and a tough year. He did the best he could.
I still feel like he botched this beyond all belief. It's the sad case of one poor decision leading to another and eventually creating a terrible situation. He had good intentions the whole time, no doubt. However, the fact of the matter is Mr. Comey did make major errors.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2017, 12:37:47 PM »

Yes he probably could have handled everything better. Of course hindsight is 20/20. I think it's a bit absurd to suggest he should go to jail for this though, based on what we know at the moment.
I Won - Get Over It
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2017, 12:47:39 PM »

What a 'showboat' and 'grandstander'! 'He was crazy, a real nut job!'  Cheesy

Neither me reading!
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2017, 12:48:36 PM »

Yes he probably could have handled everything better. Of course hindsight is 20/20. I think it's a bit absurd to suggest he should go to jail for this though, based on what we know at the moment.

If he knew it was fake, and foreign propaganda, yet he decided to magnify its intended impact out of concern for his own personal reputation or even the reputation of his agency, its clearly aiding and abetting a foreign attack on the U.S. for personal gain. This would be illegal and punishable with a long jail sentence in any reasonable country-- Russia included.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2017, 01:17:44 PM »

If he knew it was fake, and foreign propaganda, yet he decided to magnify its intended impact out of concern for his own personal reputation or even the reputation of his agency, its clearly aiding and abetting a foreign attack on the U.S. for personal gain. This would be illegal and punishable with a long jail sentence in any reasonable country-- Russia included.

If. The article doesn't suggest any of that. "Sources close to Comey tell CNN he felt that it didn't matter if the information was accurate, because his big fear was that if the Russians released the information publicly, there would be no way for law enforcement and intelligence officials to discredit it without burning intelligence sources and methods."

So if the reporting is accurate he felt like he was between a rock and a hard place, neither of which involves his own personal gain.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies