Your reported and deleted posts? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 25, 2024, 10:48:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Your reported and deleted posts? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Your reported and deleted posts?  (Read 4585 times)
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: July 28, 2017, 09:30:05 PM »

3 reported--- 1 moderated--- 0 deleted

The one moderated was when I accidentally included an image from The Big Lebowski with something to the effect of "Shut the f*** up Donny, without thinking before posting, since I'm not one that tends to drop profanities on a regular basis.

I think the two other reported posts, were when I described an act of Homophobic violence that I experienced as a 15/16 year old Teenager, where I was verbally assaulted and intimidated because some a**holes thought I was Gay and used the Homophobic "F-Bomb" repeatedly, and I posted the actual word in my post describing what was an extremely traumatic experience that I went through almost 30 years ago.

I have a pretty good idea of who reported me, since I had just gotten into it on other issues with some very non LGBTQ friendly posters on other topics, but still, it's Dave's Forum.

Better to asterix out certain language even if one is a victim of Racist and Homophobic Violence where certain language is used by the perps, rather than recount the incident unedited with language intact.

Still, I have to give credits to the Moderators in that they understood the context of the post, rather than focusing on the language that I quoted verbatim, although I certainly understand the intent of the ToS when it comes to racial/ethnic/homophobic slurs and hate speech.

This is Dave's website, and we are but guests... so even though we sometimes all get excitable at times, we need to self-police and make it clean so he can run his business, even if we are trying to express verbally incidents where we were the victims of hatred and bigotry.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies