Most conservative urban area (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 06:41:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Most conservative urban area (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Which is the most conservative urban area in the U.S.?
south Boston

northeast Philadelphia

northwest and southwest Chicago

Staten Island

other (please specify)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 24

Author Topic: Most conservative urban area  (Read 4302 times)
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« on: October 03, 2004, 09:03:39 PM »

I know my buddy KeystonePhil would like to think NE Philly, but not even close.  Keystone, even our most conservative section, Fox Chase, doesn't compare to some Southern, midwestern or Interior Western cities.  Unions and sympathies for still run strong here and on the economic compass, I would be willing to bet the average score would be between a -2 and -4.  Socially, I am a bit to the left of my neighborhood, I'll admit, but I'd say NE Philly is moderate conservative socially largely because of older residents.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2004, 02:02:08 AM »

I know my buddy KeystonePhil would like to think NE Philly, but not even close.  Keystone, even our most conservative section, Fox Chase, doesn't compare to some Southern, midwestern or Interior Western cities. 

Ok, ok... compared to most southern and western urban areas, we aren't as conservative. However, of those listed, I think it's fair to say we are one of the more conservative areas.

I'll agree with you there with the exception of maybe Staten Island.  Unions are not as strong there. 
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2004, 01:39:01 PM »

Staten Island... SO many dumb conservatives

Northeast Philadelphia as well.  They get NO economic benefit from them yet proudly display Bush/Cheney and Melissa Brown signs on their front lawns.  I find some of them think that by voting them their neighborhood will somehow be better and they're "not the party of the blacks."  Want proof: http://www.farnortheast.com.  Check out the left hand column and scroll down.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2004, 03:31:05 AM »

Staten Island... SO many dumb conservatives

Northeast Philadelphia as well.  They get NO economic benefit from them yet proudly display Bush/Cheney and Melissa Brown signs on their front lawns.  I find some of them think that by voting them their neighborhood will somehow be better and they're "not the party of the blacks."  Want proof: http://www.farnortheast.com.  Check out the left hand column and scroll down.

Knock it off, IrishDem. You know very well what they mean when they say "Save your city." I'm so tired of your party saying we are using race as an issue to gain support. We want to save our city from the folks in City Hall who obviously aren't paying attention to our needs. It's amazing how I don't hear complaints from the Dems when a certain Mayor says "The brothers and sisters are running the city."

And actually many do benefit economically from the GOP plans. I think something else you fail to realize is that people aren't members of a political party just for economic purposes.

Please enlighten me what then are people members of a political party for?  Why do you and so many Northeast Philly Republicans think your party is going to magically save us?  Actually, I think that "Save your City" thing is a joke.  Yes, I was unhappy over the "brotha and sista" comment myself, but I'm not as dumb as other NE Conservatives that overreact and automatically vote for Bush and Brown.  I actually look to each candidate and make an opinion if you haven't noticed already.  I'm sorry I'm making you angry Keystone, but the logic behind the local GOP is flawed and needs retooling.  You can't guilt trip me with garbage like Section 8 and Street to get me to vote the way you want me too.  They're weak arguments chief.  I'm not a dog.  It does anger me that there are working people in Mayfair that ask "How high?" when John Perzel says to jump.  I'm being blunt here.  I do not hate the people of Mayfair.  I actually feel they are being used as pawns over Section 8 housing.  the Perzel-Brown machine is working on these people and they have no idea what's hitting them.           
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2004, 10:13:40 AM »

Thing is here I have the ability to sort it out as to who I want representing me in Washington.  You do as well.  You are an unapologetic "Club for Growth" conservative who knows what agenda they want.  Thing is I KNOW most of those people in Mayfair are not.  Many are pro-union, anti-tax cut for the rich, complain about privatization of SSI and outsourcing of US jobs yet at the same time will proudly put up a Melissa Brownshirt sign.  How do you really know Melissa Brown will be any different on the Section 8 issue than Allyson Schwartz?  I can't objectively tell you either.  What I do know is it has to be the effort of MANY in Congress.  We are not the only city with that problem Keystone.  Let me ask you this.. how come with a Republican White house and both Houses of Congress Section 8 is not curbed or eliminated? 

As I have said all along Section 8 is a problem in the Northeast.  Never denied it, never will.  The problem for you is at least on here is I am far from a Club for Growth Republican and I'm not even a DINO for that matter.  I will NEVER vote for Melissa Brown, Rick Santorum, or George Bush.  You and the GOP can wedge others in Northeast Philly, but unfortunately for you, it's going to be a lot tougher with me on here. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies