Political correctness (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 05:29:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Political correctness (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: What is your view of political correctness?
Positive

Negative

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 46

Author Topic: Political correctness  (Read 2996 times)
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« on: January 16, 2006, 10:19:44 PM »

Negative -and I expect the responses will be roughly on a 9:1 ratio. 

Then why are we still stuck with it?  Why do people tolerate something they hate so much in a democracy?

People like to think that they dislike political correctness, but what they don't like to admit is that they would be much less likely to vote for a politician who had some viewpoint they found offensive.  As such, the politicians who get elected are most often those who go the most out of their way to ensure that the smallest number possible of constituents are offended or put off by anything that they might have to say, and the tradition of political correctness continues.  I really don't think it'd be possible to eliminate political correctness because of the simple fact that nobody likes being told something unpleasant.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2006, 11:53:25 AM »

Negative, of course.  But I see no organized attempt to impose political correctness on the masses.  A lot of this is about "They want us to call them 'African-Americans'", or "Now they've made everybody call old people 'senior citizens'".  But who are 'they'?

Liberals.

Duh.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies