NSA reform bill goes down in flames (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 30, 2024, 05:35:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  NSA reform bill goes down in flames (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NSA reform bill goes down in flames  (Read 1280 times)
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« on: November 19, 2014, 03:33:15 PM »
« edited: November 19, 2014, 03:34:54 PM by Lief »

Reminder that there's absolutely no difference between the Democratic and Republican parties and they vote identically on issues like these.

(Also it's ridiculous that "moderate" Republicans like Kirk vote lockstep with Mitch McConnell on literally everything (with the exception of gun control, I think) and get away with it. Heller is an example of an actual moderate Republican, and unfortunately I think it'll be very hard to beat him because of it.)
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2014, 04:02:36 PM »

This isn't an issue that's really that important to me. I'm mostly just opposed to the histrionics of the people that think this is some grave Orwellian nightmare and that Snowden was a hero saving us from tyranny. From reading the NYT article about the bill, the reforms seem reasonable.

Paul voted no because it didn't go far enough, supposedly. I think the reality is that he's just a coward and is beginning his shift into the Republican mainstream as he prepares his presidential candidacy.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies