MD-Senate - Sources: Mikulski expected to retire (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 10:39:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  MD-Senate - Sources: Mikulski expected to retire (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MD-Senate - Sources: Mikulski expected to retire  (Read 21554 times)
moderatevoter
ModerateVAVoter

« on: March 02, 2015, 09:18:20 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Link.
moderatevoter
ModerateVAVoter

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2015, 09:37:57 AM »

Oh, great, now we have to hear about how great and formidable Robert Ehrlich is for over a year. This will be Terri Lynn Land redux.

I'm 99.99% sure he won't run for this seat. I've also been told by someone in the know that O'Malley has no interest in the United States Senate. That said, my source was wrong about Mikulski retiring, so who knows at this point.
moderatevoter
ModerateVAVoter

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2015, 01:01:15 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Plz no.

If he runs, wins the nomination, and loses the general, then he can truly be considered Maryland's own Martha Coakley!
moderatevoter
ModerateVAVoter

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2015, 10:00:49 AM »

Just as I insisted, O'Malley won't run for this seat.
moderatevoter
ModerateVAVoter

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2015, 11:23:46 AM »

Attorney General Frosh just endorsed Van Hollen.
moderatevoter
ModerateVAVoter

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2015, 04:06:51 PM »

Harry Reid just endorsed Van Hollen. This could get boring pretty quickly.
moderatevoter
ModerateVAVoter

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2015, 04:26:26 PM »

Even if there's a messy primary, it's still Maryland in a Presidential year. I don't see the harm in letting the primary play out. Unlike California, there's no need to worry about top two.
moderatevoter
ModerateVAVoter

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2015, 05:23:54 PM »

Baltimore Attorney Susan L. Burke is also considering a run for Senate. She's built a name for herself for her work on how the military handles sexual assault allegations.
moderatevoter
ModerateVAVoter

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2015, 10:45:17 PM »

Pelosi most likely wants him as her successor. At the moment she's just waiting out Hoyer. It's kind of mystifying that he's choosing to give that up. Even if you're one of those silly people that think Democrats won't regain the House a single time in 20+ years, even minority leader is arguably a more important/powerful position than a Senator.

Good points. Maybe Van Hollen thinks (assuming he wins) he could climb up Senate leadership?
moderatevoter
ModerateVAVoter

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2015, 01:28:44 AM »

Potentially interesting Republican candidate: Chrysovalantis Kefalas. He's a former aide to both US AG Eric Holder (D) and Governor Ehrlich.

Currently, he's the VP of Executive Communications at the National Association of Manufacturers.

He's gay, and he signed onto Project Rightside’s amicus brief in support of the freedom to marry.
moderatevoter
ModerateVAVoter

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2015, 02:16:21 AM »

Potentially interesting Republican candidate: Chrysovalantis Kefalas. He's a former aide to both US AG Eric Holder (D) and Governor Ehrlich.

Currently, he's the VP of Executive Communications at the National Association of Manufacturers.

He's gay, and he signed onto Project Rightside’s amicus brief in support of the freedom to marry.

I would love to see him run. I could also see Allan Kittleman (Howard County Executive) being a decent choice in case the Democrats nominate Anthony Brown or something equally absurd. Rutherford seems he wouldn't be a great campaigner, though I guess he could be good insurance too considering everything I've heard about him is that he's a "trains run on time" kind of a guy, and that has been a receptive message for Republicans running in Heavily Democratic States.

Andy Harris seems way too conservative to win statewide and should stick to his nice district carved out for him, and Dan Bongino should just run for Delaney's seat again, especially if it's an open seat.

He is. He's a hard-core social conservative. Not a great statewide candidate.

As for Kittleman, I think he could be a good statewide candidate, but probably for Governor. I can't say I'm overly impressed with Rutherford, but admittedly, I don't know all that much about him.

Bongino said he's going to run again, either for House or Senate. If Delaney runs for Mikulski's seat, which I don't think he'll do, then Bongino will probably run for the open MD-06.
moderatevoter
ModerateVAVoter

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2015, 04:34:02 PM »

EMILY's List endorsed Edwards too. They apparently preferred Rawlings-Blake over Edwards initially, and their endorsement suggests that Rawlings-Blake is likely out.

Apparently, Mikulski was furious that Reid endorsed Van Hollen.

According to this article, Mikulski likes Edwards, and they've worked together on a few things. Not really the case with Van Hollen, and Mikulski wants to be replaced by another woman. She won't endorse, but it sounds like she prefers Edwards...
moderatevoter
ModerateVAVoter

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2015, 06:03:55 PM »

So Kirsten Gillibrand is supporting Donna Edwards.
moderatevoter
ModerateVAVoter

« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2015, 01:18:58 AM »

^His father was in the Foreign Service, and his mother worked for the CIA. I think he should be able to run, if he wanted?
moderatevoter
ModerateVAVoter

« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2015, 02:33:38 PM »

Elijah Cummings has hired a Senate fundraiser. On his way in?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies