51st state as anarchist one? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 07:27:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  51st state as anarchist one? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Could a 51st 'state' function as an Anarchist one?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 36

Author Topic: 51st state as anarchist one?  (Read 2506 times)
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« on: January 23, 2016, 11:43:18 PM »

Why do we need a 51st state for "freedom" when all 50 states already have freedom?
Because they are not a free state. They have laws.
You're not free when you constantly have to worry about the basics of life. Imagine how chaotic life would be without laws. You would be living in fear all the time. That doesn't sound very free to me.
sounds like you're scared of freedom. Come on, just learn self defense and have a schedule to stand guard at night.

Well, take a plane to Somalia and leave sane people alone.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2016, 05:42:16 PM »

They really wouldn't be divorced enough from reality to do something like that, but no, it would not work or get off the ground. Our way of life has evolved to operate on laws, tech, and infrastructure as a baseline aspect of society. 

In all seriousness, such a state would become a haven for criminal enterprise and would essentially evolve into a powerful narco state, given enough time.
This would have a bad effect on the entire region and the world itself.

However, I still stand by my proposition for a giant aggressive monkey to keep them in line.

I have only a few words for you: Washington, D.C.. It's filled with criminals already, and if we don't care enough about it to give it real representation in Congress we may as well just make it a state and then leave it alone entirely. No taxation w/o representation amirite?

While I almost agree in principle, I have a lot of friends in DC Sad. Throw in a few of those death trucks from Mad Max for them and a bottle of Scotch and I think we have a deal.

Too bad Marion Barry died. He would have done another comeback.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies