Is Harry's ridiculous nationalism getting on your nerves? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 30, 2024, 05:34:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Is Harry's ridiculous nationalism getting on your nerves? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Is Harry's ridiculously extreme nationalism getting on your nerves?
Yes (American)

No (American)

Yes (Not American)

No (Not American)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 46

Author Topic: Is Harry's ridiculous nationalism getting on your nerves?  (Read 4337 times)
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« on: June 16, 2009, 05:31:45 PM »

I wouldn't call Phil "unpatriotic" for rooting for Italy over the USA but he's basically the equivalent of a Packers fan who has spent all his life residing in Chicago or a Mets fan who has spent all his life residing in Philadelphia. The analogy doesn't exactly work 100% since Italy isn't a division rival with the United States, but still. From the perspective of Italy fans, Phil is cool, but from the perspective of USA fans, he's a turncoat.

God we have a lot of Packers fans here.  It's sickening.  They are traitors to Minnesota and should be deported back to WisCAAANsin. [/sarcasm]

But I agree with BRTD here:  Flag waving jingoism is incredibly irritating.  Not because loving your country is bad, but because we believe those people spend every day of their lives advocating for restricting the rights of Americans both socially and economically, which they make up for by wrapping themselves in the flag.  You know the type... the hummer driver that has that stupid little "support the troops" magnet stuck on the back.  They've never served in the military and have no idea what the troops go through to secure that oil they're squandering.. and instead turn "supporting the troops" into a right-wing political statement.  It is incredibly disrespectful.

It's just so disingenuous... and it reminds me of the song from Team America "Freedom costs a buck-o-five."

If you want to support the troops, donate to causes for serving members, their families, and for veterans.  Go talk to a veteran.  Spend time with them.  Learn something so that you might not be so quick to commit people to war so you can sit in your air conditioned gas guzzler and slap that retarded little magnet on the back of your truck... that $.99 afterthought of "support" for the troops while you were at the gas station.

uygh...sorry, I'm done.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2009, 07:28:31 PM »

I'm sorry Harry.. but you are kind of a militant liberal... you know

"IT'S MY WAY OR THE HIGHW.. I MEAN BUS POWERED BY RENEWABLE BIOFUELS, GOD DAMNIT!"
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2009, 01:21:30 PM »

huh.. serving both the French and Swedish militaries would be easy.

Just show up in France, drop your gun and run to Sweden, who will remain neutral.

There ya have it!

(I know.. tasteless cliches at the expense of the French... but I think they can handle it)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies