Oregon political trends thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 26, 2024, 06:12:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Oregon political trends thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Oregon political trends thread  (Read 22479 times)
hopper
United States

« on: May 17, 2012, 09:42:53 AM »
« edited: May 17, 2012, 09:50:40 AM by hopper »

We may not get that 6th house seat in 2020

http://www.oregonlive.com/environment/index.ssf/2011/12/oregons_population_growth_slow.html

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Where do you think that 6th House Seat will be drawn if you guys do get an another seat in the 2020 Census? What section of the state? Your from there obviously so would probably have a hunch I figure on that.

hopper
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2012, 09:49:31 AM »
« Edited: May 17, 2012, 10:01:31 AM by hopper »

I thought the Portland ex-urbs were growing the most but I guess the middle of the state county wise is where all the population growth is now looking at that map above.
hopper
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2012, 10:12:28 AM »

Honestly... I think politics in Oregon can be split right down the Cascade Mountain range. If you're on the east side, chances are pretty high your republican, if youre on the west chances are your a democrat. I still shake my head at the last governor election. All counties went red cept for 6 or 7 tiny itty bitty (tho dense with population) and the republicans STILL cant win. (I know its counted by popular vote but still funny) Just shows ya one certain city holds all the cards in the state.

Well you know people vote, not land. I've heard of some Oregon Republicans argue for a statewide electoral college for the Governor election. No thanks.

Though your charts were pretty interesting. And is our black population really that low?? o_o

Yeah I was surprised by that too. Washington has a similar Hispanic proportion, but twice the % for Asians and Blacks.

EDIT: I totally grew up in the state of Jefferson xD In fact a few years ago they found like one of the biggest marijuana patches in our states history.

Maybe we can spread the patches statewide in 2012: http://www.cannabistaxact.org/

Though I wonder how it will fare considering the dispensary initiative failed last year.

When will we finally free the weed? Sad
I don't think an electoral college for a Governor's race would make a difference. The Dems rely on the city of Portland and the ex-urbs around Portland to pull out tight races right? Thats where most of the population is right now in the state: in Portland and the ex-urbs surrounding Portland.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies