would you consider these metro areas "gucci" or "ghetto" (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 03:48:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  would you consider these metro areas "gucci" or "ghetto" (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: would you consider these metro areas "gucci" or "ghetto"  (Read 2163 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« on: March 14, 2012, 09:38:34 PM »
« edited: March 14, 2012, 09:44:05 PM by Where Angels Crowd to Listen »

LOL Twin Cities are not 1. We're barely a 2 if even that.

OK after having read the last post I suppose we might qualify for 2 (I was going to argue that we don't have many particularly affluent uber-Dem areas and there is a strong income/voting correlation), but 1 would mean we have next to no "ghetto Democrats". What do you think Keith Ellison's old State House seat is like?

Also a good chunk of the white Democrats in most of St. Paul and some parts of Minneapolis (especially Nordeast), are just working class people who aren't particularly socially conservative, they aren't "bohemians" or "alternative" by any means just because they don't feel threatened by gays getting married or consider it a major crisis that some people on their block like to get stoned in their basement.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2012, 11:59:38 PM »

It's not like the whites in SF who vote for Democrats are wealthy either. Meh.

Not all of them maybe, but there is certainly is no shortage of super-wealthy white liberals in San Francisco. Kind of like Manhattan, it might be that all the few people who DO vote Republican are quite wealthy, but that doesn't mean that all wealthy folks are Republican.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies