Senate Republicans and Democrats reach background checks deal (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 08:54:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Senate Republicans and Democrats reach background checks deal (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Senate Republicans and Democrats reach background checks deal  (Read 5020 times)
Old Man Svensson
Wyodon

« on: April 10, 2013, 01:48:13 PM »

No matter how little, it's still progress, which is more than I expected of the useless twits in Washington on this issue. I would have preferred to see background checks universally extended - all they are is a minor inconvenience to a good person, after all - but I'll take what I can get.
Old Man Svensson
Wyodon

« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2013, 04:34:18 PM »

AkSaber, tell me something: what reason at all is there to oppose this measure when it does literally nothing to keep good people from owning firearms? And I don't mean the stock bulls**t "RAR UNLIMITED FREEDOM RAAAAAR" argument libertarians use in response to literally everything that would never, under any circumstances, actually work in real life. I'm talking a legitimate, thought-out reason.
Old Man Svensson
Wyodon

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2013, 01:52:13 AM »

Dickless lunatics, just as Carlin put on the records in years past.
Old Man Svensson
Wyodon

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2013, 04:20:32 AM »

Remember they nominally support background checks... Roll Eyes

I mean seriously, these guys don't actually give a crap about gun owners. The only people they actually strive to defend are gun sellers - and they want to make sure they are able to sell to any criminal.

So far as I've read, the deal also closes the gun show loophole, which I'm sure is what the NRA can't stand, and is also the best thing in this half-baby step. The NRA doesn't care about how many dead kids we have, so long as we keep selling more, more, more guns.

Guns don't kill people, people kill people!

Well, in fairness, that is what it all comes down to in the end. The NRA just happens to be completely deluded when it comes to how they want to deal with the issue.
Old Man Svensson
Wyodon

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2013, 04:25:52 PM »

I'm now in a war on Twitter being called a liberal for saying that it's ridiculous to think the 2nd Amendment should be interpreted 100% literally... what a bunch of wackjobs.

I think it's time for someone to switch parties. The Right is getting far too absurd for you. Wink
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies