Cris and Windjammer Senate tracker (now a more qualitative analysis of activity) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 06:32:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Cris and Windjammer Senate tracker (now a more qualitative analysis of activity) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Cris and Windjammer Senate tracker (now a more qualitative analysis of activity)  (Read 4064 times)
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: March 05, 2015, 04:48:57 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzpndHtdl9A
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2015, 04:48:21 PM »

*Please, tell me *how* I have attacked Polnut on this forum. I just posted a score that was saying how many votes every senator has missed in February.
* I never said my tracker didn't need to be improved. I just don't understand the tantrum you and some friends launched. I mean, in order to measure activity, one of the first things to do is to determine how many votes were missed. I was going to post some other things, like how many amendments have been introduced etc.
* You want to talk about Bacon king. You're still angry by my AYE vote for his automatic impeachment trial? I don't regret it. He hasn't posted a LOA, he needed to be impeached. And considering how active he is, I was just right.

*It's less of Polnut, but I'm not enthused with you guys attacking my party (and the comments you made yesterday afternoon on IRC). While Griffin was admittedly more tame in this, I feel as if some of your comments were hyperbolic at best and vitriolic at worst. You named quite a few there with inactivity issues, but you have to remember that Polnut is one of the few people who is actually making it in the political world. He's not some guy playing Smash Bros. all day and posting about how the left shall rise again. We all have real lives - two of the six you and Griffin mentioned had valid LOAs, one hasn't held office for a year, and the "member" who Griffin mentioned as inactive wasn't even a member of the party when he went on his inactivity spree and was only a member for two weeks. Hell, I'm sure Griffin would be inactive too if a big opportunity came up and there was an opening to run against David Perdue or whoever they run for Governor. I'll admit, you have the two others down, but trying to lump people like Matt and Polnut in with BK is just wrong.

But enough of trying to bite back. Outside of the Senate, we've actually been fairly active. Our coalition has made the Northeast the most active region in the game, and we've managed to successfully revitalize the South as well. Turkisblau is doing wonders in the Pacific, and I eagerly await Intell's replacement. It's also worth noting that one of the best newspaper editors (and advocates for you), and many other great representatives, are running for Assembly, so it seems as if inactivity isn't exactly a plague.

*You'll have to forgive me. I'm not a fan of broad-based attacks on my party. Just like I expected Griffin to come after me for attacking this tracker, it's natural for me as one of the public faces of TPP to defend my party when people are calling us a party of inactivity. Like I said, we've been very active at the regional level, and we've revived one region and are working on reviving another. We can all agree that our coalition helped smash SirNick's partisan gridlock, and through me, Matt, and Griffin's leadership, we've restored peace to the Northeast. It's also worth noting that the reason why Matt let Blair take the Speakership is because he knew his personal problems wouldn't make him active enough to be Speaker. He can't participate in much debate, but he's on a temporary LOA because of said problems.

*I'm not entirely angry about the situation with BK. In fact, I just said he had legitimate activity issues this time around. But in the past, he had valid excuses that shouldn't have had people going after him for because he didn't post a leave. You can go after him all you want on his current issue, but I don't personally consider not posting a leave during the holidays a big deal. I thought it'd be understood that Thanksgiving was a busy time.

Oh yeah, and thanks for putting more information in the tracker. It's a very good start.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2015, 09:13:49 PM »

Oh you're talking about the IRC? hahahahaha
You have a such selective memory. You seem to forget that just before what you're mentioning, some people from your party were attacking my party ("he's a professional troll" etc etc).

How does that excuse you saying that someone who's only there for the vote is better than "Mr 36%" again? Especially when Polnut has literally managed to put more into debate in half the time? And how does that excuses the fact that when I called you out on holding grudges, you made a red herring about how I falsely accused you of referring to the incident in 2012 (even though I made it clear a while back that I understood you werent)?

I'm just saying, take a step back from the keyboard and scale back a bit if you're getting this worked up over the past. Removing some of my emotional investment did a hell of a lot for me.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2015, 02:49:39 AM »
« Edited: March 07, 2015, 03:10:13 AM by Sawx, King in the North »

Are we really going to start citing IRC commentary on the forum on a regular basis? Do I need to publish the convo in question so we can all be aware of what was said?

This had all calmed down until you posted a 500-word dissertation (presumably free of any emotional investment), sawx, and now you're going after windjammer (and me again?) by using what I am from here on out going to refer as "windjamming" (where fingers are jammed into the wind in an attempt to discredit someone based on a perceived weakness or character flaw that is not currently applicable; very comparable to gaslighting and/or the tactic that Fox uses to tell perfectly calm guests to "calm down").

Yes, we are, because windjammer straight up jammed the wind himself. Nothing was ever said about Labor as a whole - the closest quote was something to the effect of "I can't believe people are electing this guy". Windjammer's allegations of what was actually said are true - I won't deny the actual truth of what happened, but most of the vitriol was targeted at one person. I simply stepped in because of some foolish bullsh*t, that admittedly wasn't a red herring. That comment about his mental health? Not good - he has a right to hold a grudge over what I said, and for that, windjammer, I'm sorry.

As for the attacking? The worst that was said about Polnut's inactivity was just that - he was inactive. I was being hyperbolic. Other potshots were taken. And guess what? All of that is fine. If you've got the data, put it out. However, where I draw the line is when members of your party start attacking my party as a whole. Not its candidates, not its members, but the entire party. As I've said before, we've been very active outside of the Senate, and it's insulting to me, the work that I (and others in the party) have done (for example: recruiting one of windjammer's best advocates), and my fellow members. Who recruited Turkisblau, who's trying to revitalize the Pacific, as Flo has done with the IDS? That was me. Who gave windjammer Harry S. Truman and MormDem, two unapologetic supporters of windjammer? That was Flo. I've had some duds, but you can't deny we're the most active party on the regional level. So yes - I am angry that windjammer said TPP's members have activity problems, because it's simply not true (especially considering one of them is actually on a semi-LOA and one of them has not held office for a long while).

I've been nice, but considering you've taken off the gloves, I guess I'll take off mine. If your party member had decided to make this about our actual candidates instead of trying to take potshots at us as a unit, I would have simply apologized for what I've done, admitted my wrongs, and this would not be a controversy. However, he made these comments, I've made my dissertations, and you've somehow managed to defend the fact that he literally attacked another coalition partner. That's put a knot in the coalition that we've worked hard to build, and I will warn anyone in your party one last time: Cease the attacks on my party or I'm out.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2015, 09:33:22 AM »

You know what? Considering you're clearly holding a grudge against me for it (and you're attacking me for something that I literally just apologized and admitted I was wrong for) , and you're now straight up lying about me, this debate is over.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2015, 07:11:08 PM »

Who recruited Turkisblau, who's trying to revitalize the Pacific, as Flo has done with the IDS? That was me.

I appreciate the appreciation.

Toss someone in that Council seat and I'll give you some credit.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2015, 07:36:22 PM »

Who recruited Turkisblau, who's trying to revitalize the Pacific, as Flo has done with the IDS? That was me.

Who are you to tell me what to do? You don't know who I've asked or what I've done.

I mean I can think of at least two candidates who would probably take the job if offered - one of whom is most likely hungry to prove he's a good councilor.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2015, 07:58:03 PM »

Who are you to tell me what to do? You don't know who I've asked or what I've done.

I mean I can think of at least two candidates who would probably take the job if offered - one of whom is most likely hungry to prove he's a good councilor.

Perhaps, but the people who I've asked- and I don't quite think I'm scraping the bottom of the barrel just quite yet- are either unwilling or declined in favor of other posts.

Oh, so it's that. Gotcha.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2015, 01:14:18 PM »

I mean it is obvious that Simfan is looking for right-wingers to fill the seat, which is perfectly within his mandate to do, but sooner or later a decision will have to be made.

I've actually heard info myself and I've come to a conclusion that Simfan is still looking for someone. My apologies to him.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies