Is it time to end Atlasia? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 04:12:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Is it time to end Atlasia? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Vote!
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 69

Author Topic: Is it time to end Atlasia?  (Read 5211 times)
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« on: July 04, 2015, 03:39:21 AM »

I would say something, but I feel like at this moment perhaps Gilmour and Waters say it best:

This game is just full of dogs.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2015, 07:34:53 AM »

Also: I propose that the Senate create some sort of penalty for reckless sock accusations. It happened to JoMCaR with shaky evidence, now it's happened to me with LITERALLY NO FREAKING EVIDENCE WHAT-SO-FREAKING-EVER! Ahem...anyway, I think sockpuppetry is a moderator problem, and best to be dealt with as such until there's real evidence. This "shoot first, ask questions later" mentality is the exact BS we need to cut out of this game.

Dude calm down.

I myself hate the McCarthyist atmosphere on the forum that is BAN FIRST ASK QUESTIONS LATER (which is why I much prefer OTHER ATLAS now days), but I don't approve of putting the shoe on the other foot here.  What needs to happen is that the dictatorial mods need to be neutered of any real powers, which would go a long way in changing the fascist mentality of posters who are trigger happy with the sock accusations.  Otherwise, an idiot says something idiotic about you?  Well deal with it, the world is full of them.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2015, 07:48:29 AM »
« Edited: July 04, 2015, 07:51:29 AM by Mechaman »

But I do got to agree with the observations from some of our more right leaning members here.  The attitude of many of the game's left wingers is hardly constructive.  This was largely a part of the reason why I left Labor last year and ran as a far left wing Democratic-Republican when I ran in the Mideast.  I am not laying the blame entirely on the behavior of Atlasian office holders, but the tactics of some have been very petty and just extremely negative.  I mean I can't believe how negative some of you get in this game.  I understand that you need to make political ads, you do need to attack people on political grounds (IT IS A POLITICAL GAME AFTER ALL), but often times this is taken way too far.

And yes, I have in the past engaged in some of this nasty rhetoric.  If the Great Leader has a log of everything I have ever said in the IRC Chatroom since 2012 he is more than welcome to unload it all here.  If I called somebody a nasty little c**ntbaster I will own up to it.  I don't admit to liking anyone or being a consistent "nice guy".  I am not saying all of this as a take that I am holier than thou point, but that you guys aren't just being mean, you're being exceptionally so.  More so than is even warranted on an electoral simulation.

From what I have seen in the past four years the atmosphere has gotten so negative that you guys might as well start your campaigns with "my opponent(s) is a fuckin idiot who sucks so and so's dick!"  I know that this poli sim is supposed to mimic real life, but seeing how the US Congress operates I am not so sure that is a good thing.

People wonder why I have and never will take this game seriously?  That is a big reason why.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2015, 08:02:09 AM »
« Edited: July 04, 2015, 08:05:06 AM by Mechaman »

With that stated, we can't lay the blame entirely on the locker room mentality of the game's Left and the Right certainly needs to step up and own the blame on lacking creativity or imagination or enthusiasm.  There comes a time when even the meanest "screw you pinhead" accusation does not excuse the fact that your team just can't come up with real ideas or motivate people to turn out.  Let's face it the Right has sucked in this game since at least 2009.  You guys are just dominated by your own inner political struggles (going back to DWTL and Yankee in 2009 to the recent crap between whoever and whoever) and personality conflicts that actually harm yourselves in the long run.  Many times you have to rely on a centrist dominated fusion ticket come election time to compete with the Left in this game.  This was true when the atmosphere was way more positive and it is true now with everyone wanting to say fuckall.  I don't recall the last time we had a real memorable and even two term right wing president (except for Duke, whose actual presidency was very hardly right wing).

For god's sake, a leading figure on the Right voted for DemPGH last year because said poster had a hardon against Dallasfan for some reason.  Now yeah, I admit I voted for SirNick largely because he wanted to make me Game Moderator (I don't think anyone will complain too much that I revealed the plans of someone who has been revealed to be a terrorist.  Frankly, making me Game Moderator makes a lot more sense in hindsight if you are a terrorist who wants to wreck havoc on the game), but that is hardly as petty as a reason as "I don't like him Mom!" reasons.  If you want to advance your cause you shouldn't be willy nilly willing to stab each other in the back come election time or the other not so savory stunts you pull (like asking posters to invalidate their ballots, yeah that old favor of power hungry Right Wingers in the game).

So yeah not to be a moderate hero here, but you all need to take a good long look in the mirror and ask yourselves what are you screwing up that is turning off people, both left and right, from this game.-Mecha
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2015, 03:40:28 PM »
« Edited: July 04, 2015, 03:44:07 PM by Mechaman »

My point is that I was declared guilty by high-ranking Atlasians with even less evidence (i.e. none, as far as I can tell).

Shut the hell up.  Nobody in any court in Atlasia has declared you guilty of sock-puppetry, regardless of how many illfounded Laborite on the fly accusations say otherwise.  They may be masters of autofellatio, but they are not gods or tyrants.

nb4 AG comes up with a cute conspiracy theory for this post.  In my defense, the Zionist IRC cabal promised me a 2015 Lexus if I put up these distracting issues.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies