How similar are your politics to the average voter in your area? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2024, 04:21:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  How similar are your politics to the average voter in your area? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How similar are your politics to the average voter in your area?  (Read 2931 times)
Boston Bread
New Canadaland
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -5.00, S: -5.00

« on: February 06, 2015, 11:14:35 AM »

Even though conservatives have won this district at times, Liberals + NDP + Green always get >50% so the average voter isn't that different from me. Although I would be more of a social democrat compared to the average voter who would be a social liberal. We have an NDP MPP and a Conservative MP, the latter winning by a really narrow margin in 2011 and should be replaced by a Liberal this year, and all my reps in the municipal government (councillor, mayor, regional chair, school board) are all left-leaning. So after 2015 my politics should be similar to all of my representatives.
Boston Bread
New Canadaland
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -5.00, S: -5.00

« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2015, 02:18:42 PM »

In terms of polling districts, PC got 6% of the vote in my poll, less than the green party in the provincial election. But for some reason at the federal level my polling area gets merged with a much larger one. In the combined poll the federal Conservatives got 25% in 2011. Liberals won my poll both times, but the NDP does decently too. So my poll is an even better fit for me than the riding at large, although I'd like the liberal vote to go down a little, at least in provincial elections.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies