OFFICIAL Vice President leaks, tips, and speculation thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 01:02:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  OFFICIAL Vice President leaks, tips, and speculation thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: OFFICIAL Vice President leaks, tips, and speculation thread  (Read 30141 times)
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: August 22, 2008, 04:47:54 PM »

Of course it is. Dragged it out as long as possible...big speech not at convention but that Invesco Field...he thinks he is the all mighty. He's losing states Hillary could have been competitive in by 30 pts! He isn't all that mighty...and next week is the last time we get to see "teleprompter Obama".

I'm glad to see you were just listening to Hannity because those were all of his talking points.

I don't listen to that program.

That's a shame.

Yes, it's a shame he wants to keep his brain unwarped.
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2008, 04:52:04 PM »

Of course it is. Dragged it out as long as possible...big speech not at convention but that Invesco Field...he thinks he is the all mighty. He's losing states Hillary could have been competitive in by 30 pts! He isn't all that mighty...and next week is the last time we get to see "teleprompter Obama".

I'm glad to see you were just listening to Hannity because those were all of his talking points.

I don't listen to that program.

That's a shame.

Yes, it's a shame he wants to keep his brain unwarped.

So you at least admit that Naso has an unwarped brain.

There are other ways ones' brain can be warped, I'm afraid.
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2008, 05:04:11 PM »

After weeks of speculation and days of intense rumors, the answer to who Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama would name as his running mate may have come down to a bumper sticker printed in Lenexa.KMBC's Micheal Mahoney reported that the company, which specializes in political literature, has been printing Obama-Bayh material. That's Bayh as in U.S. Sen. Evan Bayh of Indiana. Word leaked out about the material as it was being printed up by Gill Studios of Lenexa. The Obama campaign had said it would make the announcement by text message on Friday.

http://www.kmbc.com/politics/17267009/detail.html
I guess this means I am right. Yay!

The company said they've been printing Obama-***** bumper stickers for numerous possible picks for a while now....

http://primebuzz.kcstar.com/?q=node/13891
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2008, 05:07:18 PM »

what if:  the one he chose may have had a change of heart and declined the offer?

That could be the reason for the wait.

B**ch
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2008, 05:14:18 PM »

Ugh, come on, Obama! I'll be pissed if I spent my few precious hours of freedom waiting for Obama's VP selection and it doesn't come.
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2008, 06:17:45 PM »

Fixed. Cheesy
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2008, 10:30:06 PM »

I have a feeling whoever is selected it's going to be someone completely and totally out of the blue, just another trick Obama will be pulling out of his top hat.

So you're thinking Chet Edwards?

He'd certainly be interesting. Be a bit of a poke in the eye to Bush to pick his Congressman as your VP, that's for sure.....and this fact might help keep Bush in the news, which is never a bad thing for Obama.

I was actually thinking someone more like Ed Rendell or Gen. Anthony Zinni actually. 

Rendell actually wouldn't be bad either. Attack dog, executive experience, strong Clinton supporter so helps unify the party. Probably takes Pennsylvania off the table (unless McCain picks Ridge).

Lack of foreign policy experience is his largest negative.

'Cept he kind of oozes slime when you look at him. He and Obama don't mesh well.
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2008, 11:28:46 PM »

Picking Biden means that the obvious counter is that McCain will pick Romney.

Talk about an "a-hole" debate.  That would be quite entertaining, actually.

True. That's two real a$$holes. It's going to be a fun and muddy fall. Cheesy

Oh, and my personal view was that Obama needed an a-hole, so right on.
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2008, 11:49:39 PM »

CNN confirms that Joe Biden will be Barack Obama's Vice President of the United States.

Obama just made the biggest mistake of his political career.

Oh God, here it comes...

"Gaffe-Machine!". "Arrogant!" "Slime-ball!" "Loud-mouth!" "Blah, blah, blah...."

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies