How many reported posts/moderated posts/infraction points do you have?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 11:04:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  How many reported posts/moderated posts/infraction points do you have?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 ... 50
Author Topic: How many reported posts/moderated posts/infraction points do you have?  (Read 126659 times)
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #650 on: May 03, 2011, 04:08:14 PM »
« edited: May 03, 2011, 05:52:21 PM by Assemblyman & Queen Mum Inks.LWC »

My relations with the male anatomy has brought me another 2 points closer to death, as usual.
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #651 on: May 03, 2011, 05:24:56 PM »

tell me again what happens at 50 points?  does mod review mean your post has to reviewed by a mod before it shows up?  and mod review only lasts 5 days?  and 100 points means youre banned?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #652 on: May 03, 2011, 05:32:15 PM »

tell me again what happens at 50 points?  does mod review mean your post has to reviewed by a mod before it shows up?  and mod review only lasts 5 days?  and 100 points means youre banned?

You're close, I see.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #653 on: May 03, 2011, 05:44:55 PM »

You're close, I see.

eyes gots 44 (or is it 40...lost track).  the JCrew thread cost me 19 points, and I didnt even start the thread.  (dont know whose wife is going to get me banned first: Andrew's or mine.)But I had fun, though.

Boston has been to me like a magnet for infractions (i only had 6 when I arrived here).  Just something about being away from home that aint workin for me.  I got no furniture and got no car, I got no woman and there I are.

I should be able to redeem my frequent flyer miles for bonus infraction allowance.  Inks did spot me 3 the other day, though. (thanks, Inks) 
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #654 on: May 03, 2011, 05:53:21 PM »

50 points = mod review
Yes
I'm not sure
No - you get muted for a week or 10 days.  But so far, that's never happened without a ban being instituded after the mute goes into effect.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #655 on: May 03, 2011, 06:03:42 PM »

50 points = mod review
Yes
I'm not sure
No - you get muted for a week or 10 days.  But so far, that's never happened without a ban being instituded after the mute goes into effect.

100 points in 90 days would seem to be almost impossible to pull off, that's a JCrew-level flame-war every two weeks over a span of 3 months.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #656 on: May 03, 2011, 06:06:11 PM »

50 points = mod review
Yes
I'm not sure

100 points in 90 days would seem to be almost impossible to pull off, that's a JCrew-level flame-war every two weeks over a span of 3 months.

Other than Derek, 100 points has only ever been achieved when the mods mute somebody due to a spam attack or threat of a spam attack by a confirmed sock.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #657 on: May 03, 2011, 06:20:55 PM »

Other than Derek, 100 points has only ever been achieved when the mods mute somebody due to a spam attack or threat of a spam attack by a confirmed sock.

since you've opened the files.....define spam attack?  and how did Einzige (sp?) fall into that category (wasnt paying attention to him at the time)?
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #658 on: May 03, 2011, 06:31:53 PM »

more importantly, if banning means reaching the nearly impossible level of 100 points (ok, muted, then banned), what's the point in this whole infraction system???!!!

because, it seems like you're telling me that, except for spammers (which are obvious banable offenses, with or without an infraction system),  Derek is the only one who reached 100 points, and you had to invent a "too stupid to post" violation category especially for him.

so why even bother with the current system?  (rhetorical)
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #659 on: May 03, 2011, 06:33:57 PM »

since you've opened the files.....define spam attack?  and how did Einzige (sp?) fall into that category (wasnt paying attention to him at the time)?

I forgot about Einzige.  That was my mistake.  He was muted when the mods made a decision that Dave had to make a decision about whether or not banned posters can come back.  He was muted until that decision could be made.  As far as I can remember, the rest have been posters we muted who posed a threat of spamming (Hamilton, Jamespol, etc.).
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #660 on: May 03, 2011, 06:35:26 PM »

more importantly, if banning means reaching the nearly impossible level of 100 points (ok, muted, then banned), what's the point in this whole infraction system???!!!

because, it seems like you're telling me that, except for spammers (which are obvious banable offenses, with or without an infraction system),  Derek is the only one who reached 100 points, and you had to invent a "too stupid to post" violation category especially for him.

so why even bother with the current system?  (rhetorical)

First, there was no violation category invented for Derek.

Second, and I should make this clear, a person does NOT have to reach 100 points to get banned.  We have banned posters with less than 100 points, and it's still possible.  But at the point that you reach 100 points, a ban is pretty much inevitable.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #661 on: May 03, 2011, 07:01:50 PM »
« Edited: May 04, 2011, 12:08:57 PM by jmfcst »

yeah, but wasnt he banned without actually violating the written TOS, simply because his views were not deemed logical and didnt represent any other known person on earth?

what I am saying is that these nickel and dime infractions dont amount to a hill of beans since getting 100 of them within 90 days is pretty much impossible.  and those who were banned were banned for obvious reasons which had nothing to do with crossing the threshold of 100 points.

i know it seems like I am whining now just because I am a stone's throw away from 50, but once my point total goes down - and it will go down - my argument is going to make a lot more sense - the infraction system is basically irrelevant to every poster, even to most of the ones who were banned (because they didnt reach 100 points), and it needlessly wastes the time of the moderators.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #662 on: May 04, 2011, 01:13:15 AM »

You're not alone in thinking that, but, pointless or not, it exists.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #663 on: May 04, 2011, 01:14:57 AM »

Didn't Libertas top 100 points?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #664 on: May 04, 2011, 01:20:35 AM »

No.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #665 on: May 04, 2011, 01:22:07 AM »

yeah, but wasnt he banned without actually violating the written TOS, simply because he views were not deemed logical and didnt represent any other known person on earth?

what I am saying is that these nickel and dime infractions dont amount to a hill of beans since getting 100 of them within 90 days is pretty much impossible.  and those who were banned were banned for obvious reasons which had nothing to do with crossing the threshold of 100 points.

i know it seems like I am whining now just because I am a stone's throw away from 50, but once my point total goes down - and it will go down - my argument is going to make a lot more sense - the infraction system is basically irrelevant to every poster, even to most of the ones who were banned (because they didnt reach 100 points), and it needlessly wastes the time of the moderators.

No, that wasn't why he was banned.  And, while the point system may be pointless, it ultimately helps in deciding bannings.  If a poster is consistently at or around 50 points, they have a much higher chance of being banned than someone who never goes above 10.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #666 on: May 04, 2011, 01:29:07 AM »

No, that wasn't why he was banned.  And, while the point system may be pointless, it ultimately helps in deciding bannings.  If a poster is consistently at or around 50 points, they have a much higher chance of being banned than someone who never goes above 10.

I'm not so sure I like your tone, mister.  I'll be keeping an eye on you.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #667 on: May 04, 2011, 09:37:59 AM »

I don't know what any of that crap means Jmfsct, just that "somebody with 49 infraction points shouldn't be throwing stones".  If a mod flat out tells me that, it probably isn't a pleasant thing to go through.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #668 on: May 04, 2011, 10:13:32 AM »

yeah, but wasnt he banned without actually violating the written TOS, simply because he views were not deemed logical and didnt represent any other known person on earth?

what I am saying is that these nickel and dime infractions dont amount to a hill of beans since getting 100 of them within 90 days is pretty much impossible.  and those who were banned were banned for obvious reasons which had nothing to do with crossing the threshold of 100 points.

Just thought, as one who likes to occasionally likes to make these moderators work it really isn't that difficult to rack up to 100 points.  Heck Jmfsct most of the 49 points that I currently have were racked up in the last month.  If I were really adventurous (and had a death wish) I could've gone up to 100 points within a month (if not less).  Getting 100 infraction points within 90 days isn't impossible......if you do enough stupid stuff.

Here's what I gander at the average rating of infractions:

1-Moderately inappropriate (mostly the use of homophobic/ethnic slurs)
2 thru 5-Inappropriate/Vulgar language (depends entirely on the moderator who is infracting you)
10-Extremely Inappropriate or just flat out offensive (making a thread where you drop lots of f-bombs, viciously insult a group of people, call for somebody to die in a fire, saying King Kong doesn't have sh*t on you, etc. etc. etc.)

I mean seriously dude, if there is anybody who knows about working the infraction point system it's me.  All somebody would have to do to get to 100 infraction points (they probably would be banned before they reached 100 anyway) would be to make ten posts where they make an extremely hate filled (and I mean that literally) post against different posters or groups of people (even, apparently.....white racists).
So all this really does is separate the blatant trolls from the subtle trolls.....
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #669 on: May 04, 2011, 10:37:19 AM »

The concern that Jmfcst raises has been raised many times on the mod board.

However, it should be noted that the infraction points are more to be considered warnings - they're supposed to help a poster realize when they're misbehaving so as to give them a chance to change their behaviour.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #670 on: May 12, 2011, 03:21:16 PM »

I got another reported/moderated post with +2 death points today, but when I click moderated posts there isn't anything new there since May 3rd.  Can anyone fill me in on what I did?
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #671 on: May 12, 2011, 03:26:58 PM »

I got another reported/moderated post with +2 death points today, but when I click moderated posts there isn't anything new there since May 3rd.  Can anyone fill me in on what I did?

Captain Profanity reported you for dropping an f-bomb here.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #672 on: May 12, 2011, 03:40:30 PM »

Who's Capitan Profanity?
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #673 on: May 12, 2011, 03:42:05 PM »

I got another reported/moderated post with +2 death points today, but when I click moderated posts there isn't anything new there since May 3rd.  Can anyone fill me in on what I did?

Who's Capitan Prosperity?

'Capitan Prosperity' is a title that you just made up, although if I had to, I'd ascribe it to Torie.  Captain Profanity is an... um... affectionate nickname some of the mods have graciously granted to Inks.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #674 on: May 12, 2011, 03:44:46 PM »

I got another reported/moderated post with +2 death points today, but when I click moderated posts there isn't anything new there since May 3rd.  Can anyone fill me in on what I did?

Who's Capitan Prosperity?

'Capitan Prosperity' is a title that you just made up

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 ... 50  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies