Jon Stewart Has a Message for Trump Supporters (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 05:19:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Jon Stewart Has a Message for Trump Supporters (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Jon Stewart Has a Message for Trump Supporters  (Read 3442 times)
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

« on: July 22, 2016, 07:09:34 PM »

So says the Hollywood leftists.  Yeah, we all must obey and a vote for Hillary Clinton.   

Nobody cares about you, least of all your candidate Donald Trump.  Do whatever you want.  Hollywood leftists aren't telling you to do anything.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2016, 07:04:42 PM »

Wealthy white man to working-class Americans: "America doesn't belong to you".

No, it doesn't. Now go away.

We'll have to wait for November 8th to see how well the "we run the show around here, prole scum" message goes over with voters.

So adorable watching far-rightists attempt to convince us that they actually care about the working poor.

Remind me of your candidate's economic policies?

- Deregulate business.  That will make it easier to get a job since more folks will be dying at work!
- Cut taxes.  That will make it easier to get a job since rich people like to spread their wealth voluntarily!
- Abolish the EPA.  That will make it easier to get a job because everyone who is unemployed right now wants to relocate to Alaska to drill polar bears for bile.
- Establish LAW and ORDER.  That will make it easier to get a job as a prison security guard because we're going to need to build a lot more camps to get rid of all the troublemakers.

Oh, thank you, thank you so much for looking out for my future.  I really feel like my minimum wage job is finally appreciated by the rich asshole that runs the country now. Roll Eyes
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2016, 07:52:53 PM »

You're right, the pro-worker agenda of HRC is impeccable in comparison:

- Flood the market with cheap labour by opening America's borders. Millions of Americans who rely on manual labour to put food on the table may find their jobs imperilled, but think of the savings that wealthy suburbanites will reap by being able to pay subhuman wages to their new gardeners, landscapers, and maids.

- Sign expansive international trade agreements that make it impossible for American businesses to compete in the domestic market. The countless Americans who will find themselves on the welfare rolls will be able to buy plenty of cheap Mexican and Chinese goods with their new EBT cards.

- Invade more middle eastern countries. Iran has been asking for it for years. Laid-off workers will be able to enlist and earn a decent living by killing brown people!

- Put the coal industry out of business and replace it with nothing. Those 55 year old coal miners will definitely go back to school to become computer programmers.

At last I truly see.

Champ, I don't know where you get off talking about invasions when Trump is going to "take out" ISIS by invading Saudi Arabia to steal their oil, or whatever his incoherent empire-building plan is supposed to entail, but it's laughable.  But keep pretending to be the champion of peace while you hide behind a racist demagogue...

The coal industry is dying regardless of whether you want to acknowledge it or not.  The question is whether we adapt to changing economic circumstances (and take cues from scientific evidence) by retraining workers and moving towards renewable energies or bury our heads in the sand and pretend that a billionaire jack-off actually gives even the slightest s*it about the working poor in West Virginia.

And thanks for proving, as always, that poor people have to compete against those scoundrel immigrants in order to have a fighting chance in Trump's dystopian economic hellscape.  No, we couldn't possibly look after everybody while getting the rich to pay their fair share.  Because your member of the billionaire class presidential candidate wants to give himself a tax cut, it can only be one.

Kudos for trying, but come back when you have some basic understanding of what it's actually like to be poor.  Real poor people aren't foaming at the mouth because illegal immigrants caused them to rack up a credit card debt.  They're just trying to survive in a rigged economy which your idiot candidate is only going to exacerbate.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2016, 07:20:35 PM »

SillyAmerican, love your username.  Very apt.  Listen, pal, your selective outrage is getting really tiresome.  I don't suppose you devote nearly as much energy to caring about the thousands of Americans murdered by their fellow citizens each year because that would entail coming up with solutions to the ubiquity of firearms or an actual way of addressing the poverty and despair that ravages so many communities.  Instead, it's much easier to take off your thinking cap and complain about the comparatively isolated selection of cases where - gasp - an undocumented person committed the crime, exposing the enormous failure of our immigration system for all to see.  In fact, it's almost like we aren't even talking about crime anymore.  No, now we're talking about your obsession with keeping America pure.  And see how tiresome that is?  Not everybody shares your bigoted predilections.  It may be worth keeping that in mind the next time you bother stringing those sentences together again in the vain effort to convince anybody that you are anything other than an ignorant concern troll.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2016, 09:42:18 PM »

So just to be sure I understand, you're not interested in discussing specific problems with ignorant concern trolls? You'd rather accuse me of having bigoted predilections? Well, here's a question for you: what is my racial background? I mean, you've got all the answers, so go ahead and tell me who it is you think I am, and how it is that I can't make a comment about crime without - gasp - generating an irrational response about anything but crime? So go ahead, explain what you mean by my "obsession with keeping America pure". What ethnicity am I? And why does my bothering to string sentences together to form a cogent argument offend you so badly? You probably should ignore anyone who doesn't agree with your views, that way, pal, you needn't have to worry about being called on to do that somewhat difficult thing called thinking.

I couldn't care less about your background, friend-o, as your views have done the hard work of telling your story for you.

I'm sure you have your own immigrant history - no doubt hard working LAW ABIDING - to fall back on in those times where you feel the need to tout your superiority to others.

Your legalistic, simplistic attitude can only get you so far.  Yes, we understand that you are incapable of thinking beyond "immigrants who aren't even supposed to be here."  You've made that abundantly clear.  And you don't get a free pass because you think you're special, or whatever it is that you're trying to imply.  That doesn't change anything I said and I stand by it 100%.  You're a bigoted simpleton and you've shown that time and time again.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies