Amendment against hiding behind freedom of religion to abuse people (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 04:58:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Constitution and Law (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Amendment against hiding behind freedom of religion to abuse people (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Amendment against hiding behind freedom of religion to abuse people  (Read 1837 times)
Slander and/or Libel
Figs

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.83

« on: March 01, 2017, 09:25:50 AM »

I would like to see this abuse stopped, and I think an amendment may be necessary because of activist judges siding with the abusers.

Judges biased towards religion?  What country do you live in?

Yeah, I'm not even sure what OP is referring to since violence against children is pretty uniformly illegal and I cannot think of a case where freedom of religion has been used as an excuse to deliberate violence against others. I'm assuming gay conversion therapy?

There was a recent episode of the radio program Reveal that detailed how in a lot of states, religious day cares are not subject to state regulation and have extensive records of mistreating children, sometimes to the point of death, that the law is powerless to do anything about.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies