The Federalist Party of Atlasia: February 2014 Convention
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 07:01:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Federalist Party of Atlasia: February 2014 Convention
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13
Author Topic: The Federalist Party of Atlasia: February 2014 Convention  (Read 23774 times)
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #200 on: February 27, 2014, 07:53:12 PM »

Official Ballot:
Party Chairman:
[2] Devin (F-WA)
[1] North Carolina Yankee (F-NC)

Vice Chairman:
[1] Dereich (F-MS)
[2] JohanusCalvinusLibertas (F-IN)

Official ballot:
[4] Adam Griffin (LAB-DE)
[3] Cincinnatus (I-NY)
[1] Lumine (PRO-MT)
[2] Poirot (I-NY)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #201 on: February 27, 2014, 08:28:10 PM »

Remember, the Senate endorsement vote is still ongoing and will end later tonight. If you haven't voted on that, please do so as soon as possible.

I am reposting the ballots in this post:
I am including all the declared candidates since we don't have time for a nomination/declaration period for this.

At-Large Senate Seat #2 (Tmthforu94 seat) Special Election Endorsement Vote

Official ballot:
[ ] Adam Griffin (LAB-DE)
[ ] Cincinnatus (I-NY)
[ ] Lumine (PRO-MT)
[ ] Poirot (I-NY)

This vote will last for 48 hours.

Keep in mind that the Leadership election will be tomorrow night and will run for 72 hours from then. So keep them clearly seperated and indicate what you are voting for.

Federalist Party Leadership Elections Feb 27-Mar 2nd

Official Ballot:
Party Chairman:
[  ] Devin (F-WA)
[  ] North Carolina Yankee (F-NC)

Vice Chairman:
[  ] Dereich (F-MS)
[  ] JohanusCalvinusLibertas (F-IN)

The election shall begin immediately and end 72 hours from now.

Turnout So Far:
Goldwater - Both
Hagrid - Senate only
TJ - both
Spamage -both
Devin - both
Dereich - Senate only
PiT - both
Cris - Senate only
JCL - Senate Only
Ben - both
Tmth - leadership only
Miles - both
Pingvin - both
Duke - Leadership only
Matt - both
MasterJedi - both
Devin - both
Rooney -leadership only
DC al Fine - both

I think the results currently are NC Yankee 14-0  Dereich 8-6  and Lumine by ah a lot.

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #202 on: February 27, 2014, 08:43:29 PM »

Lumine is in the lead 12-4 I think with about two hours remaining.

Official ballot:
[ 4 ] Adam Griffin (LAB-DE)
[ 1 ] Cincinnatus (I-NY)
[ 2 ] Lumine (PRO-MT)
[ 3 ] Poirot (I-NY)

Make that 12-5. Tongue
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #203 on: February 27, 2014, 09:04:22 PM »

I feel like JCL would be treated better if he joined Labor Tongue
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #204 on: February 27, 2014, 09:13:59 PM »

Official Ballot:
Party Chairman:
[2] Devin (F-WA)

Vice Chairman:
[1] Dereich (F-MS)

Official ballot:
[3] Cincinnatus (I-NY)

[1] Lumine (PRO-MT)
[2] Poirot (I-NY)

Sorry for the late vote! also...

I doubt that it would happen (TNF, Gass, etc.)
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #205 on: February 27, 2014, 09:54:41 PM »

Official Ballot:
Party Chairman:
[2] Devin (F-WA)

Vice Chairman:
[1] Dereich (F-MS)

Official ballot:
[3] Cincinnatus (I-NY)

[1] Lumine (PRO-MT)
[2] Poirot (I-NY)

Sorry for the late vote! also...

I doubt that it would happen (TNF, Gass, etc.)

We may have our ideological disagreements, but we wouldn't shove a loyal, rank-and-file Laborite out of the way just because the powers that be decide some candidate in the other party was more "electable."  I'm just kinda surprised he doesn't mind constantly being thrown under the bus, I know I would.  But that's just me Tongue
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #206 on: February 27, 2014, 10:07:16 PM »

I do mind X. But if they're not ready to support me, they're not ready.
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« Reply #207 on: February 27, 2014, 10:38:47 PM »

I'm quite surprised that JCL didn't get an automatic endorsement, or, more specifically, that the bylaws don't ensure such a thing.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #208 on: February 27, 2014, 10:45:10 PM »

I'm quite surprised that JCL didn't get an automatic endorsement, or, more specifically, that the bylaws don't ensure such a thing.

He would have, had he remained in the race.
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« Reply #209 on: February 27, 2014, 10:46:30 PM »

He would have, had he remained in the race.

My, I wasn't even invited to the gun show, but I can sure appreciate strong arms when I see them.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #210 on: February 27, 2014, 10:50:13 PM »

Yeah, Cinci is right. Automatic endorsements occur after a set time (we don't want to automatically endorse a bunch of candidates for just one seat... the timeline allows us to run primaries in the case of multiple Federalist candidates or hold an endorsement vote if none run). Had JCL remained in the race, he would have been automatically endorsed. The endorsement vote in this thread began after he withdrew. 

That being said, I do appreciate the desperation y'all must be feeling to come in here and ruffle  feathers. Reminds me of my strategy with the CARCA (?) thread. Good times.

Smiley
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #211 on: February 27, 2014, 11:42:43 PM »

Yeah, Cinci is right. Automatic endorsements occur after a set time (we don't want to automatically endorse a bunch of candidates for just one seat... the timeline allows us to run primaries in the case of multiple Federalist candidates or hold an endorsement vote if none run). Had JCL remained in the race, he would have been automatically endorsed. The endorsement vote in this thread began after he withdrew. 

That being said, I do appreciate the desperation y'all must be feeling to come in here and ruffle  feathers. Reminds me of my strategy with the CARCA (?) thread. Good times.

Smiley

So what your saying is the Federalist vision for game reform is to disrupt efforts at reform instead of offering its own vision?
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #212 on: February 27, 2014, 11:44:56 PM »

Smiley

So what your saying is the Federalist vision for game reform is to disrupt efforts at reform instead of offering its own vision?

That's irrelevant to his point, unless you mean to say that your only reason for being here is to disrupt our convention.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #213 on: February 27, 2014, 11:53:33 PM »

Smiley

That's irrelevant to his point, unless you mean to say that your only reason for being here is to disrupt our convention.

I'm not trying to disrupt your convention, I was just making what seemed like an interesting observation (originally just an innocent tongue-in-cheek joke).  You guys are the ones keeping this thing going Tongue  Another interesting observation I just made is that you never denied that I was right in saying that the Federalist vision for game reform is to disrupt efforts at reform instead of offering its own vision.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #214 on: February 27, 2014, 11:58:32 PM »

Another interesting observation I just made is that you never denied that I was right in saying that the Federalist vision for game reform is to disrupt efforts at reform instead of offering its own vision.

That has been painfully obvious for some time. I'm wholly convinced that they don't even care about winning anymore, so long as they stop what I can only imagine from their perspective is an "unstoppable threat" to the game. Otherwise, I wouldn't still be going about discussing the utter lack of ideas or vision of said entity; apparently fresh ideas can't change the trajectory in their eyes and they've just given up.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #215 on: February 28, 2014, 12:09:00 AM »

Settle down, folks. I've been working on some proposals, but I have been feign to put them forth because I know that Labor will certainly reject them. If Federalist game reform is that important to all y'all, maybe I'll write my Senator. Wink
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #216 on: February 28, 2014, 12:14:10 AM »

Settle down, folks. I've been working on some proposals, but I have been feign to put them forth because I know that Labor will certainly reject them. If Federalist game reform is that important to all y'all, maybe I'll write my Senator. Wink

I think I speak for all Laborites when I say I'd love to finally hear some Federalist game reform proposals Tongue
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #217 on: February 28, 2014, 12:25:13 AM »

When is the Labor Party going to stop running away with blatantly false narratives? Roll Eyes

Lumine got in, JCL dropped out and endorsed him. No Federalist candidate, hence the need for an endorsement vote. Something, which JCL pushed for as well I recall.

This especially blatant, BECAUSE IT ALL WAS POSTED PUBLICALLY IN THIS THREAD, MR. X. 

Please read before guessing next time.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #218 on: February 28, 2014, 12:27:24 AM »

I think I speak for all Laborites when I say I'd love to finally hear some Federalist game reform proposals Tongue

I should caution that any proposals are my own and I am not actually qualified to speak for the Federalist Party. I am just a member, with ideas of my own. Tongue
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #219 on: February 28, 2014, 12:33:20 AM »

I should caution that any proposals are my own and I am not actually qualified to speak for the Federalist Party. I am just a member, with ideas of my own. Tongue

At least we'll finally be able to debate the merits of two actual visions (I hope Tongue ). 
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #220 on: February 28, 2014, 12:40:11 AM »

At least we'll finally be able to debate the merits of two actual visions (I hope Tongue ). 

Let me just say that there is a certain bill of yours that I like, for reasons altogether different from the ones that I'm guessing led you to propose it.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #221 on: February 28, 2014, 12:45:29 AM »

Another interesting observation I just made is that you never denied that I was right in saying that the Federalist vision for game reform is to disrupt efforts at reform instead of offering its own vision.

That has been painfully obvious for some time. I'm wholly convinced that they don't even care about winning anymore, so long as they stop what I can only imagine from their perspective is an "unstoppable threat" to the game. Otherwise, I wouldn't still be going about discussing the utter lack of ideas or vision of said entity; apparently fresh ideas can't change the trajectory in their eyes and they've just given up.

Or Perhaps it is that Labor has run the well dry and is increasingly relying on pushing some rather far left ideas and then covering that fact when they are thus rejected with references and vague cannotions seeking to fan the flames of built up real life political resentments in order to attain the support of people who would be very unlikely to support such proposals directly.

Maybe that is the real problem. Sooner or later you run out of proposals or problems to fix at the Federal Level and soon you have a boring game where there is nothing left to be fought over, particuarly at the lower levels. So we contract and abolish them I suppose, having them been so undermined either intentionally or not, no? And then when the same thing spreads to the Federal level, then what, restart time?
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #222 on: February 28, 2014, 12:46:08 AM »

Let me just say that there is a certain bill of yours that I like, for reasons altogether different from the ones that I'm guessing led you to propose it.

Thanks Smiley  Best not say that too loudly though, wouldn't want it getting out that you're sympathetic to the Radical Gay Communist Laborite Revolutionary Agenda Wink
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #223 on: February 28, 2014, 12:47:55 AM »

And on that note, Adam, you wouldn't by any change support Mr. X's Regional Exemption Act?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #224 on: February 28, 2014, 12:50:39 AM »

Labors problem on game reform is that it is too compartmentalized or siloed perhaps. It approaches it in isolation from the other issues and expects to just past something to fix it. That isn't how it works. You have to foment activity and I would be happy to have a debate on that with you.

Which issues are you willing to leave within the responsbility of Regional Governments so as to attract interest and activity?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies