Santorum: Obama has 'embraced radical Islamic groups' (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 08:44:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Santorum: Obama has 'embraced radical Islamic groups' (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Santorum: Obama has 'embraced radical Islamic groups'  (Read 3728 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« on: March 23, 2012, 06:18:35 PM »

This is yet another exhibit as to why I think Santorum is totally unelectable, and, more importantly, unfit to be POTUS. His rhetoric is just over-heated for starters:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
(emphasis added)

I mean it is one thing to say (even though putting aside the ethics of the matter, it may not be wise, and indeed counterproductive, for the US to be so heavy handed in messing with the internal affairs of another nation), that Obama should be doing more to limit the influence of "Islamic radicals," and give some plausible examples of how Obama might do so; it is quite another to seemingly oppose their very "presence."  Are they all to be exterminated or something? And Obama has "embraced" them - as in endorsed them or something?  Really?  That sounds like hyperbolic infraction point rhetoric to me.

Yes, I know, many of you will not share my little opinion. You go to your church, and I will go to mine.

Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2012, 08:48:07 PM »

P
expect the rhetoric to escalate as the cause becomes more dire

There's nothing of politcal opportunism is the True Believer's words.

And that's what's scary.

Yes, what you see, is what you get, with Rick. He I think does really believe this stuff. He is not just pandering. That is where his passions lie. Of course, we can't be certain. But it just seems that way. He will trim like most politicians trying to carve out a career, as to that which is secular, just not that which isn't. He's a quite hard wired man as to matters that involve more a priori assumptions and leaps of faith.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies