Why were Megyn Kelly's comments on Santa so controversial? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 02:01:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Why were Megyn Kelly's comments on Santa so controversial? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why were Megyn Kelly's comments on Santa so controversial?  (Read 5940 times)
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« on: December 02, 2014, 02:37:02 PM »

The idea of Santa Claus having a set 'canon' is comical.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2014, 03:45:39 PM »

Why were Fox New's Megyn Kelly's comments about Santa so freaking controversial? On some level I agree with her. You don't mess with a fictional character's canon just for the sake of political correctness. You can still celebrate Christmas in whichever way is best for you.

On another note, when she said Jesus was a white guy, it's a completely different story because Jesus was in all probability, a brown Middle Eastern man and she's just ignoring history.

Faux outrage  is growing increasingly irrational on the left.  Every word that comes out of someones mouth now that isn't PC is considered some secret systemic racism or something.

Your view here is common sense. 

It is refreshing to read a post like this. I'm so sick of political correctness that has gone berserk nowadays and the occasional accusations of racism.

Occasional accusations of racism! Oh no! What a nightmare!
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2014, 08:46:14 PM »
« Edited: December 03, 2014, 09:01:05 PM by asexual trans victimologist »

What 'tampering'? What 'backstory'? It's [Inks]ing Santa Claus. This isn't a George R.R. Martin character with a five-page family tree we're talking about here, this is a completely public-domain, exists-by-popular-demand piece of folklore, a figure based on a figure who's based on a figure who's based on somebody who once decked a guy for denying that Christ had always existed. If somebody wants to make Santa a penguin, for any reason at all, they're within their rights to make Santa a penguin. And if the population of the United States was one-eighth penguins whose penguin children's Christmas spirits might be brightened a little by seeing Santas who looked vaguely like them, then I say that's more than enough reason for holiday movies and greeting card companies to start cranking out some damn penguin Santas.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2014, 07:48:07 PM »

Whether folks on the left want to believe it or not, a color-blind society has been a long-time goal of the American Right - it's a mainstream viewpoint and best for a truly equal people

Okay see the problem is the tendency to pretend that a color-blind society already exists when it manifestly doesn't.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2014, 11:52:26 PM »

Can we somehow incorporate St. Nicholas beating the crap out of the Presbyter Arius into our Santa Claus canon?

This would be the best part of Christmas.

Quoting myself because this is an important point that somehow got lost in this discussion. I seriously want to see St. Nicholas pimp-slapping Arius as a key part of Christmas. "You think that God the Son is inferior to God the Father? Well, your face is inferior to my palm!"

Yes! People had better RESPECT the Christ Child and not claim He's inferior to anyone, or Santa will open up a can of whoop-ass down your chimney.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies