NFL 2011 Season Discussion (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 10:09:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  NFL 2011 Season Discussion (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NFL 2011 Season Discussion  (Read 47436 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: October 02, 2011, 03:33:46 PM »

Hopefully the Phillies will follow their lead. Smiley
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2011, 03:17:27 PM »

The Bills are a pretty good team and you guys played them well in their house.  There is no such thing as a "quality loss", but it's better than losing at home to a division rival.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2011, 10:53:11 PM »

Never forget.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2011, 12:55:11 AM »

Cowher is overrated. Ken Whisenhunt and LeBeau were the architects of his only SB win.
Blasphemy!
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2011, 07:41:36 AM »
« Edited: December 02, 2011, 07:45:00 AM by dead0man »

Question about the NFL:

Does anyone know why the NFL does not have promoted teams or relegated teams after each season like in football leagues ?

It seems the NFL consists of all the same teams each year. Any reason for that ?
For some reason the method you describe never caught on here.  Personally I love that sytem and wish every league did it that way and every city of any size had frranchises in all the important sports.  It would make things interesting.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2011, 04:00:38 PM »

and the Jets stay alive
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2011, 10:29:02 PM »

Madonna for the Super Bowl? Really, guys?
Whoever picks music acts for the NFL needs to talk to fans and stop trying to cater to our wives (or whatever the hell they're thinking when they pick acts like this).  Didn't Nickleback play one of the Thanksgiving games?  Ugggg.....And that Aerosmith/Britney Spears abortion at the Super Bowl a few years ago.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2011, 11:27:33 AM »

I don't see anybody beating the Packers in Green Bay, especially not in Jan and ESPECIALLY not a fair weather team.  The AFC champ will be the one to do the knocking off if there is going to be any knocking off.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2011, 04:36:04 PM »

Why are the talking heads freaking out over the Packers defense when the offense looked just as bad.  The Packers have a decent defense, but that's not what is getting them their wins.

And Patriots defense (or lack thereof)  is what is going to keep them from doing anything in the playoffs.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2011, 06:58:32 AM »

I guess the Ravens don't want to have playoff games at home.
Steelers have refused as well...Patriots, you're up next.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2011, 10:03:21 PM »

Nobody's going to Lambeau and winning.
That's what I'm thinking too.  Sure, it's possible, but it's going to be very very hard for the Saints or the 49ers to win in Green Bay in January.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2011, 10:13:16 PM »

Well, the Chiefs:
A.are not as bad as their record indicates
B.are tough at home
C.the Packers were probably "looking past" the Chiefs a bit

That said, you are 100% correct.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2011, 03:30:15 PM »

He certainly is no Romo.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2011, 07:53:37 PM »

Holy Crap I just saw that Bengals dude do a front flip into the end zone...that was just sick.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2011, 02:21:11 PM »

Congratulations to Mr. Brees but Mr. Brady will be tying or breaking that record this Sunday.

I doubt it,  he might pass Marino but he won't pass Brees, at least this year

Either way, for two guys in the same season to break a record that has held for that long is pretty incredible.

1998 Sosa/McGwire.
We're trying really hard to forget that season/era...at least I am.  As a Cardinals fan I'm even more embarrassed.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2011, 11:30:43 PM »

Why should we forget it? It happened. They used a lively ball in the '20s and '30s, too, but we don't throw out what Babe Ruth did.
As a Cardinals fan with integrity I'm embarrassed by the steroids era and the part my team played in it.  I'd like to forget it.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2012, 07:03:40 PM »

Bungles at Texans will be a good game, neither team is going into the playoffs screaming.  I think the AFC North team wins here and will go onto face the no defense having Patriots and will win that one too setting up an all AFC North Championship game because, obviously, the Steelers are going to do what everbody has been wanting for months, kill Tim Tebow.  This will set up Train Wreck III in Baltimore in the Divisional round.  The winner of that game will get a home game and crush the Bungles.  I don't see the Saints or the Niners beating the Pack in GB so it seems to me we are going to have Balt or Pit playing GB for the Super Bowl, GB's defense isn't as bad as the Cheatriots, but it's nowhere near the caliber of the Steelers or the Ratbirds...and as we all know, "Defense wins Championships", so....Steelers are winning again....sorry losers Wink
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2012, 07:19:01 PM »

Good job Texans.  Enjoy your playoff success 'cause there is no way you'll be able to beat the other two AFC North teams.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2012, 08:51:24 PM »

Good job Texans.  Enjoy your playoff success 'cause there is no way you'll be able to beat the other two AFC North teams.

We in Baltimore look forward to welcoming our friends from Houston. Smiley
They can have you and hopefully beat you up a little.  The Steelers have a much better shot against the Patriots than they do you guys...on the other hand, the Ravens have never won a playoff game against the Steelers.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2012, 09:18:53 PM »

Of all the potential playoff teams we could have faced this week, Cincinnati was the one I felt most confident about.  We beat them on the road without Johnson this year, as such at home with Johnson, against a rookie QB = victory.  As it turns out, not really a close game.

Guess you forgot about Week 4, eh?  Typical Steelers fan.
I didn't forget, I just know you can't/won't score 17 points this time Wink
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2012, 08:54:24 PM »

When I first heard the tease for the story I just assumed it was about the Ratbirds as they have done pretty much the same thing for years.  Maybe not to this scale and I don't think it was ever sanctioned by the team like this, but it was my first thought.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies