Trump's abortion comments and the northeast
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 12:10:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Trump's abortion comments and the northeast
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trump's abortion comments and the northeast  (Read 447 times)
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 01, 2016, 12:24:17 AM »

IIRC, 52% of GOP voters in new york are pro-choice, with similar numbers in CT and NJ. (usually around 35-45). Trump has drawn some decent if not substantial support from secular business republicans, see Massachusetts and NH. These comments could be a shock to similar voters all along the North eastern region yet to vote, even down south to Maryland.

Wouldn't be surprised if he cost himself some votes in upcoming states, from the substantial strain of trump fans who, at least before recent gaffes, thought trump a secular, irreligious, no-bs business dude.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2016, 12:31:05 AM »

It's a nice thought, but I don't think many trump supporters are motivated by his position on abortion.
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2016, 12:32:49 AM »

It's a nice thought, but I don't think many trump supporters are motivated by his position on abortion.

I know A LOT of trump republicans who support him because they think his secular aura can help expand the party.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2016, 12:45:34 AM »

I know A LOT of trump republicans who support him because they think his secular aura can help expand the party.

The trump Republicans I know believe he can expand the party because he has magical appeal to Democratic-voting working-class whites. I don't think I've ever heard anyone talking about trump's "secular aura". I hope you're right, of course.
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2016, 01:09:49 AM »

IIRC, 52% of GOP voters in new york are pro-choice, with similar numbers in CT and NJ. (usually around 35-45). Trump has drawn some decent if not substantial support from secular business republicans, see Massachusetts and NH. These comments could be a shock to similar voters all along the North eastern region yet to vote, even down south to Maryland.

Wouldn't be surprised if he cost himself some votes in upcoming states, from the substantial strain of trump fans who, at least before recent gaffes, thought trump a secular, irreligious, no-bs business dude.

Let me just stop you right there.
chrisras
Rookie
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2016, 01:57:39 AM »

Nope.  won't matter.  His numbers will probably go through the roof. 
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2016, 02:05:53 AM »

As each day goes by, his chances at winning the general are eroding ..... badly.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2016, 10:11:18 AM »

Abortion is not going to affect Trump's support amongst Republicans. If anything, his stance on a ridiculous drive-by hypothetical that has zero basis in reality, helps him with rank-and-file conservatives.

If you asked Republicans what issues matter in this cycle, abortion would rank very low on this list when choosing a candidate. Security and the economy trump social issues this cycle.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies