The Atlasian Sentinel
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 25, 2024, 03:56:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Atlasian Sentinel
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11
Author Topic: The Atlasian Sentinel  (Read 18257 times)
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2013, 05:12:09 PM »

This is not an ideological fight.  This is about whether or not it is acceptable to give the GM position to someone who acts as a partisan.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2013, 05:36:35 PM »

This is not an ideological fight.  This is about whether or not it is acceptable to give the GM position to someone who acts as a partisan.

It is about whether the Senate trusts Griffin and President Marokai
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2013, 06:52:44 PM »

Exactly - I wasn't trying to say it was. If anything, those first four votes somewhat contracted Marokai's claim that the position was being politicized by those who opposed the nomination.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2013, 09:08:07 PM »

Wow, Tmth, you almost nailed the Senate vote! Proof that the Sentinel is Atlasia's best paper, right? Wink

*hopes Tmth doesn't realize i'm the one who made our paper wrong*
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2013, 02:52:51 AM »

Wow, Tmth, you almost nailed the Senate vote! Proof that the Sentinel is Atlasia's best paper, right? Wink

*hopes Tmth doesn't realize i'm the one who made our paper wrong*
The crazy thing is, I almost listed you as UNDECIDED. You were the only Senator I was really torn on in regards to how they would vote. Ultimately, it didn't affect the outcome.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2013, 02:06:31 AM »

The Atlasian Sentinel

Silent Administration?
By Tmthforu94

I will make my final decision on the Game Moderator position tomorrow.

...That is the last we heard from the Marokai Blue Administration following the defeat of his first nominee, Adam Griffen, for Game Moderator. Three days later, a new nominee has yet to be named, and The People are becoming restless in anticipation on who the President will choose next. Several names have been tossed around, such as Northeast Representative SirNick, Senator Nix, Governor Tmthforu94, and Govenror PiT. Newly appointed SoIA Snowguy has also been mentioned as a possibility, and some close to The Sentinel say that the President may have chosen a dark horse candidate to be the next GM, but is working out the details before an announcement is made.

We at The Sentinel urge the administration to act fast and announce their next choice this weekend.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2013, 05:13:28 AM »

I assure you I haven't been slacking off, here. I'll announce my pick when there is a pick to announce, and until then, I'm working hard to find someone. But I am the President; I'll make the decision on who will be nominated, not the Senate, or any newspaper.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2013, 11:52:47 AM »

I assure you I haven't been slacking off, here. I'll announce my pick when there is a pick to announce, and until then, I'm working hard to find someone. But I am the President; I'll make the decision on who will be nominated, not the Senate, or any newspaper.
Chill out. No one else is trying to make a pick. We're just urging that a pick be made soon, especially since sources close to us say you already had someone lined up in case AG was defeated.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2013, 12:50:51 PM »

Yes; that was the case, and unfortunately the curse of the position continues.
Northeast Rep Snowball
hiboby1998
United States

« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2013, 05:59:17 PM »

Yes; that was the case, and unfortunately the curse of the position continues.
curse?
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2013, 09:57:34 AM »

The Atlasian Sentinel

Rumors, Your Favorite
By Waldo

Governor Tmthforu to join major political party? Likely Liberal Party, or we'd see the word rejoin.

Snowfight? Snowball calls out Snowguy, Snowstalker yet to weigh in (was he snowed in?)

Kaljew spotted at last, said to have been on vacation "somewhere warm".

Seatown case dropped; bribery suspected.

Clarence, Senate candidate, heard telling donors: "every good Senate needs an old white man. This is nothing new." Who would've thought?

President Marokai secretly planning war with Eastern Poland? His silence is telling.

President's second GM nomination likely to be confirmed; one Senators asks: "Why didn't President Marokai nominate him in the first place?"

Sex scandal in the South: Alfred and some Vitter woman implicated; revenge said to be a factor.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2013, 10:22:52 AM »

I hope this segment becomes a regular feature of the Sentinel.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2013, 01:45:27 PM »

H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2013, 02:20:11 PM »

Northeast Rep Snowball
hiboby1998
United States

« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2013, 02:20:38 PM »

Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #40 on: March 14, 2013, 02:24:31 PM »

Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #41 on: March 14, 2013, 05:56:13 PM »

As Atlasia's premier news media corporation and my best money laundering operation yet, the plan is to

Ha. I won't be finishing that sentence. Check the Sentinel often and you're likely to find something you want! Smiley
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #42 on: April 18, 2013, 02:34:30 AM »

The Atlasian Sentinel

Scandal Erupts in Atlasia

For less than an hour Wednesday evening, there was mass chaos, both in Atlasia and on the IRC chat.

Upon collecting information from various sources, former Senator Seatown unleashed a scathing piece on Pacific Governor Wolfentoad, which provoked the question: "Is he a wolf, or is he just plain catty?"

Dozens of private messages exchanged between Mr. Wolfentoad and an unknown number of citizens were released - these messages were attacks on Atlasians of all ideologies. The main target of Governor Wolfentoad appeared to be Governor Tmthforu94, as well as former Senator Spamage, Senator Napoleon, Pacific Judge Idaho Blue Dog Dem, and many others. The attacks were personal and just downright hateful, with the Governor using terms such as "idiot", "dumbass", and "incompetent loser".

The messages also revealed that Governor Wolfentoad has participated in off-site recruiting, something he has publicly condemned in the past. He also claimed to have lied to voters in the December At-Large Senate election, telling less-active Labor members that Barnes and Snowstalker were both safe, urging them to vote for Mr. X instead

Reaction to this scandal has been mixed by many in the Atlasian community - this scandal certainly gives many Atlasians a different impression of the Pacific Governor. However, we also would like to remind The People that the Governor is still of a ripe young age, and hopefully this can be used as a learning experience for him. Nevertheless, this type of behavior should not be accepted in Atlasia, and we at The Sentinel strongly condemn it - Governor Wolfentoad will no longer be a contributor to our paper.

For anyone interested in a copy of the message posted by Seatown, which was deleted due to forum policy, please contact a member of The Sentinel staff for more information.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #43 on: April 18, 2013, 09:40:58 AM »

The most infuriating part is that I was not mentioned once!
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #44 on: April 18, 2013, 07:23:48 PM »

The most infuriating part is that I was not mentioned once!

I know!!!
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #45 on: April 18, 2013, 10:25:40 PM »

I'm just surprised that people didn't already know that this stuff was happening.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #46 on: April 18, 2013, 10:55:39 PM »

I'm just surprised that people didn't already know that this stuff was happening.
I think most knew, they just might not have known the magnitude of the situation. I knew he had been talking bad about me and a few others, but I didn't realize it was this bad.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #47 on: April 18, 2013, 11:58:52 PM »

Too bad none of the PMs from TPP days were published. I could write a tell all book on this topic one day. It would be fascinating to reveal some of the things I had to deal with.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #48 on: April 19, 2013, 12:43:24 AM »

I think most knew, they just might not have known the magnitude of the situation. I knew he had been talking bad about me and a few others, but I didn't realize it was this bad.

I certainly didn't know.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #49 on: April 19, 2013, 12:53:11 AM »

I'm just glad it came out. I don't know if it was a Labor sting operation or what, but the whole situation was bad for my party too. A group of us did know what was going on, but it was mostly hearsay. And it's hard to bring something to the public without concrete proof... so it was a tough situation. It was also tough because he had so many people under his control. Ahh.

I probably shouldn't be sharing all this, but whatever. Tongue It's a relief now that the laundry's been aired.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies