The Atlasian Sentinel (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 04:56:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Atlasian Sentinel (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Atlasian Sentinel  (Read 18222 times)
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« on: April 20, 2013, 08:05:59 PM »

We already knew that the IDS is a polarized region but that's really extreme. Wink

That's really extreme? The Legislature is shaping up to have a partisan vote on the official snack. The last game reform Constitutional amendment was almost-entirely a partisan vote. Elections like this seem to be a thing of the past, sadly.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2013, 08:34:32 PM »

You seem to enjoy with polarization, SJoyce. On the other hand, I didn't give my opinion on the official snack and, believe me, it's not a capital issue for me.  The choice between bretzels and cornbreads won't make me losing any sleep and I really don't care if we adopt both or if we give apples the status of official food of the Legislature.

I like cornbread and it symbolizes our culture - 'bretzels' do not (they're largely Pennsylvanian).

And for past elections, at least you have an opposition. My impression is that there was less ideological diversity in your Golden Era.

Bit less party diversity, maybe, but there was a fair amount of ideological diversity: Hagrid, myself, Duke, Kal, Mecha, Jbrase - we're not all carbon copies of each other.

Nowadays we have an army of Fed zombie voters that make outcomes fairly predictable, thanks to Operation Carpetbagger, and our independent citizens (I mean people who isn't from the two main parties in the South) aren't very active lately.

Y'all were the ones doing the carpetbagging, not us. And there's like 5 independent citizens, so regardless of how active they are...
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2013, 08:52:40 PM »

So you are going to turn a trivial issue into a partisan one.

No, I'm going to do what's best for this region, and 'round here we see a bunch more cornbread than bretzels.

Registration figures and the people who come at the booths in election days are pretty eloquent.

That doesn't logically follow. You're claiming that the right had a massive registration advantage and now are claiming they're carpetbagging, and your evidence is that they still have a registration advantage?
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2013, 09:22:47 PM »
« Edited: April 20, 2013, 09:32:10 PM by SJoyce »

That doesn't logically follow. You're claiming that the right had a massive registration advantage and now are claiming they're carpetbagging, and your evidence is that they still have a registration advantage?

That's right. You guys had a massive advantage, we eliminated most of it, and thus the right proceeded to crapetbag to pad their numbers once again.

Mhmm. There are 7 Feds in the region who do not live in the region IRL (PiT, Ronnie, Siloch, Supersonic, Hagrid, SPC, and Pingvin) and could thus be considered carpetbaggers. Of those, PiT, Hagrid, SPC, Pingvin, and Supersonic were around before any kind of Operation Cottonfield really kicked off. So your grand carpetbagging effort is two people, neither of whom have voted yet in the current regional election. Anyone else the Feds recruited are actual residents of this region IRL.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2013, 08:53:22 PM »

Mecha voted for me, not Zanas.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies