1888 U.S. Presidential Election (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2024, 11:47:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  1888 U.S. Presidential Election (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
President Grover Cleveland (Union-New York)/Vice President Henry Adams (Union-Massachusetts)
General George Custer (People's Alliance-Michigan)/Senator Joseph Smith (People's Alliance-Illinois)
Governor Zebulon Vance (Whig-North Carolina)/Senator Henry Teller (Whig-Babel)
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: 1888 U.S. Presidential Election  (Read 3681 times)
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: April 17, 2014, 11:16:12 PM »

Whoever can beat Cleveland. Whoever has more support.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2014, 01:10:39 PM »

Ah heck, I'll go with Vance. EDIT: And of course, the one time I choose the non-Radical/People's Alliance candidate, they're in third place.

People should support Custer/Smith then, I guess.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2014, 04:00:55 PM »

Ah heck, I'll go with Vance. EDIT: And of course, the one time I choose the non-Radical/People's Alliance candidate, they're in third place.

He's one vote away from first place Tongue

I'd urge everyone to support Vance/Teller. 

He was three votes away when I posted, and I thought it would be more of a runaway Cleveland win.

So I guess I re-amend my statement to ask everyone who's anti-Cleveland to please unite on a candidate.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2014, 05:07:28 PM »

He was three votes away when I posted, and I thought it would be more of a runaway Cleveland win.

So I guess I re-amend my statement to ask everyone who's anti-Cleveland to please unite on a candidate.

This will most likely go to the House.

Fair enough. I'm just sick of losing. I look forward to the House election if there is one.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2014, 09:24:24 PM »

This will most likely go to the House.

Fair enough. I'm just sick of losing. I look forward to the House election if there is one.

Wait until gone, say, 1960 for left wing dominance. Maybe 1932. Tongue

I just want to see one left-wing victory before I leave on my mission (on May 2nd). Just one win.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2014, 11:35:10 PM »

Goddammit, it's 12-11-11! How about we vote for the next one of Vance or Custer to get a vote?

It seems like it's going to go to the House anyway, so no worries.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2014, 09:48:38 AM »

Joseph Smith as VP would be a good farewell gift to Zioneer.

Honestly, I don't really care all that much, just kind of annoyed at one-party dominance of the White House. Have my preferred candidate for VP or not, I don't care.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2014, 11:57:12 AM »

As of right now, 12-12-12 tie.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2014, 10:17:38 AM »

Geez, I feel bad for Dallasfan. He's going to have to jump through hoops to explain Cleveland mysteriously losing 20% of the electorate while the great war hero only does ok and a mostly dead party comes magically back to life.

Well, he did mention an economic downturn, so maybe it's more serious than it appears?
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2014, 05:43:24 PM »

If the election does go to the House, wouldn't it need to be the second round of the House vote (so that we don't just redo the election with the same candidates).

Sounds good. I assume the first vote would be something along those lines. So would Cleveland be eliminated from the second round as the lowest vote getter?
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2014, 08:28:39 PM »

If we assume the first House round would be just like this (which it almost certainly will be) and that Custer and Vance go to the second round, and therefore that we bosses are to be kingmakers, I propose a Vance/Smith unity ticket (and possibly a merger).

I dunno how much influence we actually have, but if we can decide that, that sounds alright. I assume it'd be called the People's Alliance?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies