Denmark Parliamentary Election - June 18, 2015 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 06:39:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Denmark Parliamentary Election - June 18, 2015 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Denmark Parliamentary Election - June 18, 2015  (Read 110722 times)
Lurker
Norway
« on: December 27, 2014, 07:02:09 PM »

Swedes prefer their politicians boring and bland, so you should by no means use our standard of charisma. Wink

Olaf Palme wasn't so boring...

Yes and that is why he was defeated twice by this man. Swedes want their Prime Minister to be boring.

On the other side, he returned to power in 1982, and was re-elected in 1985. I wouldn't say that Persson is that boring either, at least not for a politician. Tongue (though Carlsson and Reinfeldt would fall into that category).
Lurker
Norway
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2015, 07:56:35 AM »

What are the chances of the election being held before the summer holidays?

Shouldn't Helle call an election ASAP, before she possibly loses the momentum?
Lurker
Norway
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2015, 01:49:37 AM »

tl;dr: Most of their 2011 voters were okay with the party being right of center on economics. The change has been more on attitude (little willingness to compromise) than on policy and a more pragmatic/unprincipled stance on certain value issues than expected, which may cost them some votes, but most will likely accpet it as realpolitik. Their voters are pragmatic - it is in the party DNA to have a pragmatic approach to politics.

OK, I guess I got the wrong end of the stick at some point when I thought they were my natural Danish party.  Who should I support?  (Centre-left on economics, fairly pro-Europe, opposed to pretty much everything people like the DPP and UKIP say...)

You may have been confused by Radikale Venstre's very misleading name. Tongue

Though at least they tend to be a part of the centre-left bloc, unlike, say, their Norwegian sister party, so they can't be that bad from your perspective. The only part of the above description that doesn't fit very well with RV is the centre-left on economic thing.
Perhaps SF would be the party for you (they are much more pro-EU than in the past, IIRC).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies