Why are liberals upset about Jeff Sessions? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 26, 2024, 09:08:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Why are liberals upset about Jeff Sessions? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why are liberals upset about Jeff Sessions?  (Read 5503 times)
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« on: November 18, 2016, 06:08:23 PM »

Sessions is an unreconstructed Dixiecrat and a massive HP but he might be less bad than Giuliani.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2016, 11:59:40 PM »

I see it causing more racial tension, as if there wasnt enough already.
Both sides have been causing racial tension. Period.

Question mark
Both sides play racial games. The Democrats play race games against white people and Republicans race bait against Latinos. Period.

If white people can dish it out as much as we have for the past several centuries then we should sure as hell be able to take it. I say that as a white person. Period.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2016, 02:52:51 AM »

So you're OK with a racist as Attorney General of the United States? Or a president-elect of the United States who's first headline in the NYT was being sued by the DOJ in 1973 over housing discrimination?

Just curious.

They're Republicans. They've been okay with racism for decades, at a minimum.

Pretty much this. The only racism they acknowledge is when minorities or those who support Social Justice call out the historic and systemic racism of White America. Calling attorneys "boy," joking about the KKK being good aside from smoking pot, calling civil rights un-American, and telling a White lawyer defending a minority's civil rights he's a "race traitor" is not racism. It's just something the Communist inspired left-wing ACLU and Social Justice Warriors whine about. This is America, damn it! White Power!

The abortion industry is the only significant group of racists left in this country.  That is not to say that there aren't a few bad apples out there, but organized racism has been dead for a while outside the walls of Planned Parenthood, which makes its living off killing black babies.

Oh, here we go. Had to toss in abortion at some point, huh?  Planned Parenthood isn't racist, nor are abortion doctors or the "abortion industry." If anything, the problem is of class and the disproportionate number of African Americans living below the poverty line, which is a consequence of systemic racism, such as the historic disadvantages faced by African Americans thanks to Jim Crow and slavery, not to mention the underfunded and outright neglected schools in African American communities. Poverty leads to lack of access to proper contraception that is more readily available to the middle and upper classes (disproportionately White). So if you really care about "saving the fetuses babies," you'd be demanding the end to poverty and supporting universal access to health care, affordable contraceptives, and early sex education. But something tells me you'd rather preach to people about "personal responsibility."

There's extensive work that's been done in sociology of the family indicating that the issue may not be lack of access to contraception but lack of access to social and economic resources once somebody is (generally by choice or through genuine indifference) pregnant.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2016, 08:12:26 PM »

Why wouldn't we be upset about an extreme conservative being put in such a position of power? Somehow, I don't think conservatives would love the idea of Bernie Sanders or Elizabeth Warren being put in that post. Also, I highly doubt he'll do wonders for race relations in this country, which are already quite strained.

"Planned Murderhood", "ACLU = communist and un-American"? Really? Tell me again about how the left is so divisive, and demonizes those who disagree. Roll Eyes

Yea seriously. I mean, I get it, Trump won. However, while I understand & accept conservatives will take up spots in the administration, Sessions is just too much. He's a racist who has shown clear contempt for the Voting Rights Act and will be a disaster for civil rights in this country. At least put in someone who acknowledges we lock up too many people, not someone who apparently thinks we don't jail enough. And for Trump, who said he wanted to leave marijuana legalization to the states, why nominate someone who is among, if not thee most anti-pot Senators we have?

Oh, I know why. Because Trump wants loyalists.

Sure Sessions has a shaky past on the topic of race but the guy did prosecute members of the Klan though.

Because literally no sane person would have done otherwise in that circumstance.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies