France General Discussion II: Living under Marxism (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 09:22:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  France General Discussion II: Living under Marxism (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: France General Discussion II: Living under Marxism  (Read 309888 times)
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« on: February 02, 2013, 04:39:35 PM »

It's obvious not all depuites were there, so it's just they lacked a few of their own. I'm a bit appalled by the PCF one voting against, though unfortunately not completely surprised...

And it's also a bit scary, but also not very surprising, to see most overseas left-wing deputies voting against.

Out of curiosity, why is it not surprising that a commie would vote against SSM?
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 05:36:13 PM »

Yeah, French media are all out on this. Actually, it's been numerous years since most of the Party's federations were not using the hammer and sickle on any of their activist material.  And Emmanuel Dang Tran is only secretary of one of Paris' 20 sections, one of the most reactionary ones.

But I find it a pity. The hammer and sickle is an international recognition symbol, plus a historical landmark. Oh well, no big deal.
How many workers today use hammers or sickles, especially in a country like France?

Face it Seatown, the laptop and photocopier just don't have the same pizazz as the hammer and sickle.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2016, 09:17:16 AM »

How would Quebec vote if it's current party system was replaced with the French one? I think this might be a more interesting version of the old 'Canada would vote 80% Democrat' exercise.

Would Quebec be disproportionatley LR, FN, or PS?  How would smaller groups like MoDem, Greens and FG do?
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2016, 12:23:52 PM »

How would Quebec vote if it's current party system was replaced with the French one? I think this might be a more interesting version of the old 'Canada would vote 80% Democrat' exercise.

Would Quebec be disproportionatley LR, FN, or PS?  How would smaller groups like MoDem, Greens and FG do?

Is this a hypothetical Quebec with the Anglos partitioned away?

Good question I hadn't thought about them. I assume they would be right and/or separatist relative to francophones.... let's say the Anglo are partitioned away.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2016, 06:27:57 AM »

Is there any chance that neither Hollande or the LR candidate make it to the runoff, and that the French Presidential election is between Le Pen and Melenchon (kind of like the 2016 Austrian Presidential runoff), and if so, what would the runoff results between the two be?

The chances 0%. Mélenchon has never managed to pick up steam, and at this rate he'll probably do worse than his 2012 performance. At best he'll have a new surge and end up around 15% if the PS candidate collapse, but that's highly unlikely.

Ah, appreciate the response. Do you think FDG would benefit from having a different candidate, or is Melenchon the best they can do?

Mélenchon is definitely the best they can do. Remember that the last PCF candidate before Mélenchon came in (and for all intents and purposes, FG = PCF + Mélenchon) polled below 2%. Tongue

I see in the 2007 presidential election something called Ligue communiste révolutionnaire got nearly 5%, well ahead of the PCF candidate. Would they not be part of FG?
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2016, 06:34:10 AM »

Is there any chance that neither Hollande or the LR candidate make it to the runoff, and that the French Presidential election is between Le Pen and Melenchon (kind of like the 2016 Austrian Presidential runoff), and if so, what would the runoff results between the two be?

The chances 0%. Mélenchon has never managed to pick up steam, and at this rate he'll probably do worse than his 2012 performance. At best he'll have a new surge and end up around 15% if the PS candidate collapse, but that's highly unlikely.

Ah, appreciate the response. Do you think FDG would benefit from having a different candidate, or is Melenchon the best they can do?

Mélenchon is definitely the best they can do. Remember that the last PCF candidate before Mélenchon came in (and for all intents and purposes, FG = PCF + Mélenchon) polled below 2%. Tongue

I see in the 2007 presidential election something called Ligue communiste révolutionnaire got nearly 5%, well ahead of the PCF candidate. Would they not be part of FG?

Hahahahaha, no.

LCR (which has since renamed itself NPA) is a Trotskyist outfit, and as such they loathe the PCF more than the plague. It ran a candidate in 2012, who got 1%.

Oh ok. Why'd they do so well in 2002 and 2007?
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2016, 05:02:41 PM »

I first read that as Francois Bayrou caught...

That would have been something
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies