Why have Dems been able to win US Senate Elections in Montana and North Dakota? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 01:36:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Why have Dems been able to win US Senate Elections in Montana and North Dakota? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why have Dems been able to win US Senate Elections in Montana and North Dakota?  (Read 673 times)
hopper
United States

« on: February 09, 2016, 01:35:55 PM »

Why have Dem been able to win US Senate Elections in Montana and North Dakota for so long? Those states have been red for so long on the Presidential Level. For example Romney carried ND by like 15 points and Heitkamp won  the US Senate Race won by 1 % point in 2012. I would expect the Republicans to win US Senate Elections like they do in the Deep South in MT and ND. Were past ND US Senators able to localize their races like Conrad and Dorgan and not run on the Dem National Platform which is liberal compared to the ND State Party Platform I  would think. I just think of ND and MT as Center-Right and not center left which Conrad and Dorgan are/were.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies