SENATE BILL: Executive Department Amendment (Sent to the Regions) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 01:40:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SENATE BILL: Executive Department Amendment (Sent to the Regions) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SENATE BILL: Executive Department Amendment (Sent to the Regions)  (Read 2834 times)
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« on: April 03, 2014, 01:48:47 PM »

Maybe we should give the Attorney General a Department while we are at it?
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2014, 08:32:31 PM »

Was there legislation establishing the dept and office of the Attorney General?
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2014, 09:04:13 PM »

OK, just so long as it's clear that the AG is a legally a member of the Cabinet.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2014, 01:06:39 PM »

Yankee, could you give an example of something the Senate can do now without including this that it would not be able to do with it?
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2014, 12:58:05 AM »

Aye
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2014, 07:06:37 PM »

What is the final text?
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2014, 08:01:03 PM »

NAY

I don't get what we are trying to do here. If the goal is to be able to rename departments, we should just have an amendment saying we can rename the departments.  If it's about some arcane implied powers derived from clause 28, then in that case too I think we need to be more specific and straightforward since very few people are going to be able to understand the supreme court precedents.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2014, 08:06:35 PM »

NAY

I don't get what we are trying to do here. If the goal is to be able to rename departments, we should just have an amendment saying we can rename the departments.  If it's about some arcane implied powers derived from clause 28, then in that case too I think we need to be more specific and straightforward since very few people are going to be able to understand the supreme court precedents.

This amendment accomplishes the goal of having "an amendment saying we can rename the departments".  Perhaps that's not as simple as desired, but it is functional.

But what else does it do? Clause 28 is not about naming. Does it allow the Senate to abolish the departments completely?
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2014, 12:41:28 AM »

I was more focused on other bills, and I was thinking that the clause 28 language was just there to give the Senate a little more ability to define the duties of the positions, so I wasn't so worried about it.  I'm against having a situation where there is a department listed in the constitution while meanwhile the department named there doesn't actually exist. I think any citizen should be able to read the constitution and have a pretty good idea of the current situation as far as how the government is organized.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies