Arnold Schwarzenegger and Maria Shriver to Divorce (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 11:32:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Arnold Schwarzenegger and Maria Shriver to Divorce (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Arnold Schwarzenegger and Maria Shriver to Divorce  (Read 5437 times)
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« on: May 17, 2011, 01:51:05 PM »

It surprises me, because it's kind of unbelievable that he would run for governor a couple years after doing this, especially when his wife didn't know. And then not only that, but with the press in CA and their antipathy towards Arnold, they didn't find out about this for 8 years? Strange...

Who says Shriver didn't know?
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2011, 02:07:36 PM »

It surprises me, because it's kind of unbelievable that he would run for governor a couple years after doing this, especially when his wife didn't know. And then not only that, but with the press in CA and their antipathy towards Arnold, they didn't find out about this for 8 years? Strange...

Who says Shriver didn't know?

From the AP:

"Former California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger has acknowledged that he fathered a child with a member of his household staff, a revelation that apparently prompted wife Maria Shriver to leave the couple's home before they announced their separation last week."

"Schwarzenegger and Shriver jointly announced May 9 that they were splitting up after 25 years of marriage. Yet, Shriver moved out of the family's Brentwood mansion earlier in the year after Schwarzenegger acknowledged the child is his, the Los Angeles Times reported Tuesday."

That makes it seem to me like she didn't know until this year...

It doesn't to me.  "Apparently prompted" means the media is speculating.  These politicians' spouses aren't dumb.  They usually know a lot more than the media thinks or they claim to know.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2011, 04:41:10 PM »

It doesn't to me.  "Apparently prompted" means the media is speculating.  These politicians' spouses aren't dumb.  They usually know a lot more than the media thinks or they claim to know.

From Arnold himself:

"After leaving the governor's office I told my wife about this event, which occurred over a decade ago. I understand and deserve the feelings of anger and disappointment among my friends and family. There are no excuses and I take full responsibility for the hurt I have caused. I have apologized to Maria, my children and my family. I am truly sorry."

Thanks.  Assuming Arnold isn't lying, his wife just found out.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies