Arnold Schwarzenegger and Maria Shriver to Divorce
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 12:42:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Arnold Schwarzenegger and Maria Shriver to Divorce
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Arnold Schwarzenegger and Maria Shriver to Divorce  (Read 5434 times)
cinyc
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2011, 04:41:10 PM »

It doesn't to me.  "Apparently prompted" means the media is speculating.  These politicians' spouses aren't dumb.  They usually know a lot more than the media thinks or they claim to know.

From Arnold himself:

"After leaving the governor's office I told my wife about this event, which occurred over a decade ago. I understand and deserve the feelings of anger and disappointment among my friends and family. There are no excuses and I take full responsibility for the hurt I have caused. I have apologized to Maria, my children and my family. I am truly sorry."

Thanks.  Assuming Arnold isn't lying, his wife just found out.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2011, 10:06:14 PM »

It doesn't to me.  "Apparently prompted" means the media is speculating.  These politicians' spouses aren't dumb.  They usually know a lot more than the media thinks or they claim to know.

From Arnold himself:

"After leaving the governor's office I told my wife about this event, which occurred over a decade ago. I understand and deserve the feelings of anger and disappointment among my friends and family. There are no excuses and I take full responsibility for the hurt I have caused. I have apologized to Maria, my children and my family. I am truly sorry."

Given what the Kennedy ethos is about marriage, especially the women, it makes sense that it would have taken something of this magnitude to push her over the edge.
phk
phknrocket1k
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2011, 10:36:53 PM »

From Arnold himself:

Given what the Kennedy ethos is about marriage, especially the women, it makes sense that it would have taken something of this magnitude to push her over the edge.

Tbh, more often than not affairs aren't truly problematic for US politicians except like Sanford. Just when a kid comes into the picture...
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2011, 10:38:41 PM »

Ohh dang... that's pretty bad.  I'm kinda surprised he kept that secret this long.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2011, 04:52:47 AM »

Ma, Ma, where's my Pa?
Of to do The Sixth Day 2, ha ha ha.

Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2011, 06:24:53 AM »

I guess Arnold is free to grope as he pleases again. Cheers!

Make that grope and father more love children!

Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2011, 06:51:43 AM »

Interesting fact about the children: the youngest daughter goes to my university, and my friend who works for the writing tutoring workshop once tutored her/edited one of her papers.

Also this story is boring and why should anyone care about these people or what they do in private.
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2011, 06:53:28 AM »

From Arnold himself:

Tbh, more often than not affairs aren't truly problematic for US politicians except like Sanford. Just when a kid comes into the picture...

Yeah, and it was only really damaging to Sanford because of the whole "hiking on the Appalachian Trail" thing.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2011, 11:41:58 AM »

I like how the articles on the gossip sites refer to him as the Sperminator.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2011, 06:11:16 PM »

This gets better everyday, apparently he bought a home for his mistress!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/05/18/arnold-schwarzeneggermild_n_863882.html
Liberté
« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2011, 06:14:12 PM »

This gets better everyday, apparently he bought a home for his mistress!

This confuses me. I'm sure I'd read that Schwarzenegger was having financial difficulties during his tenure in office, mostly supporting himself through marketing his likeness by product endorsements and small cameo appearances like Terminator: Salvation.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2011, 06:16:09 PM »

Aw, why did this have to come to light after he left office?  That's no fun.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2011, 07:41:35 AM »

Caption this as you see fit:

Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2011, 12:28:18 PM »

And of course, the Wicked Witch of the Great Northwest weighs in.  Roll Eyes
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2011, 12:48:11 PM »

Who's da mommy and vat does she do?
Boris
boris78
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.55, S: -4.52

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2011, 12:59:30 PM »

Schwarzenegger Reveals He Had Child With Staffer

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Former California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger has acknowledged that he fathered a child with a member of his household staff, a revelation that apparently prompted wife Maria Shriver to leave the couple's home before they announced their separation last week.

Schwarzenegger and Shriver jointly announced May 9 that they were splitting up after 25 years of marriage. Yet, Shriver moved out of the family's Brentwood mansion earlier in the year after Schwarzenegger acknowledged the child is his, The Los Angeles Times reported Tuesday.

"After leaving the governor's office I told my wife about this event, which occurred over a decade ago," Schwarzenegger told the Times in a statement that also was sent to The Associated Press early Tuesday. "I understand and deserve the feelings of anger and disappointment among my friends and family. There are no excuses and I take full responsibility for the hurt I have caused. I have apologized to Maria, my children and my family. I am truly sorry.

"I ask that the media respect my wife and children through this extremely difficult time," the statement concluded. "While I deserve your attention and criticism, my family does not."

Schwarzenegger's representatives did not comment further. A spokesman for the former first lady told the Times she had no comment.

The Times did not publish the former staffer's name nor that of her child but said the woman worked for the family for 20 years and retired in January.

In an interview Monday before Schwarzenegger issued his statement, the former staffer said another man — her husband at the time — was the child's father. When the Times later informed the woman of the governor's statement, she declined to comment further.

The child was born before Schwarzenegger began his seven-year stint in public office.

Shriver stood by her husband during his 2003 gubernatorial campaign after the Los Angeles Times reported accusations that he had a history of groping women. Schwarzenegger later said he "behaved badly sometimes."

In his first public comments since the couple announced their breakup, Schwarzenegger said last week that he and Shriver "both love each other very much."

"We are very fortunate that we have four extraordinary children and we're taking one day at a time," he said at a Los Angeles event marking Israeli independence. Their children range in age from 13 to 21.

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2011/05/17/arts/AP-US-Schwarzenegger-Shriver-Separation.html

I'm in Vienna across the street from the Kronen Zeitung building and they put up this HUGE billboard of the story (I'll have to take a pic of it later). This is the only news I've been cognizant of over the past week
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2011, 02:20:46 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbRyPuiyjCo
phk
phknrocket1k
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2011, 08:27:16 PM »

Liberté
« Reply #43 on: May 19, 2011, 08:28:14 PM »

It's as if someone took Arnold's face and photoshopped it onto an eight-year-old body.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #44 on: May 20, 2011, 03:11:52 AM »

It's as if someone took Arnold's face and photoshopped it onto an eight-year-old body.

And took Mickey Rourke's face and photoshopped it onto a fifty-year-old woman's body.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #45 on: May 20, 2011, 07:56:21 AM »
« Edited: May 20, 2011, 08:22:15 AM by Mechaesthetics »

And took Mickey Rourke's face and photoshopped it onto a fifty-year-old woman's body.

Yeah, the woman might've been a bit more attractive before the kid was born.  Or maybe Ahnuld had too much Vodka one night and was too embarrassed to tell anybody he slept with Mickey Rourke's twin sister separated at birth............

But I mean really, just look at the kid though.  How the hell did that kid walk around for thirteen years without ANY red flags going up?  I mean really, the only thing more obvious would've been if this kid staple a sign to his shirt that said "I'm Arnold Schwarzenegger's kid, y'know that huge action star with the funny accent who was governor of California?  Yeah, that guy....."

EDIT: Just found out the kid is thirteen years old.  Yikes.......
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies