Is Santorum an extremist?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 07:53:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Is Santorum an extremist?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Is Santorum an extremist?
yes

no

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 51

Author Topic: Is Santorum an extremist?  (Read 5521 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2005, 02:04:06 PM »

Anyone who cant tell that he's an extremist really needs to be smacked upside the face a few times.

Anyone that thinks Casey needs to be better known in the state (you) needs to be smacked upside the face a few times.

Well, in his defense, his approval rating is something like 42-6. That means 52% of people, whether or not they know of him, have not articulated an opinion on him.

It's actually at 48% but his approval ratings are usually in the mid 50s.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2005, 07:22:13 PM »
« Edited: May 14, 2005, 09:13:21 PM by LiberalPA516 »

Anyone who cant tell that he's an extremist really needs to be smacked upside the face a few times.

Anyone that thinks Casey needs to be better known in the state (you) needs to be smacked upside the face a few times.

Anyone who is as un-educated as you are should never be allowed to communicate with anyone but people as idiotic as yourself.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2005, 07:49:43 PM »

Anyone who has their head dug very deep up their butt (you) needs to be beaten a few times.

Checked your profile. Thirteen years old seems to be the right age for you.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2005, 07:57:30 PM »

Anyone who has their head dug very deep up their butt (you) needs to be beaten a few times.

Do you dispute that Casey has massive name recognition or should I continue to disregard your posts ?
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2005, 08:25:23 PM »

Santorum is extremely moderate.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2005, 04:27:09 PM »

Do you dispute that Casey has massive name recognition or should I continue to disregard your posts ?

I said that Casey has very little name recoginition and that that would be his biggest obstacle.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2005, 04:30:31 PM »

I said that Casey has very little name recoginition

You're an idiot.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2005, 04:32:07 PM »

I said that Casey has very little name recoginition

You're an idiot.

Why am I an idiot? What did I do to you, Philbert? I think you need counseling.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2005, 04:37:11 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

You have no idea what you're talking about.

And the Philbert and "I think you need counseling" lines are pretty amusing.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2005, 05:37:07 PM »

hey if i want to call you Philbert, i have the right to. And I still say that counseling might be a good idea.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2005, 06:09:58 PM »

hey if i want to call you Philbert, i have the right to. And I still say that counseling might be a good idea.

Ok, clown.
Redefeatbush04

« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2005, 06:12:48 PM »

Ok, clown.

Don't make an ass of yourself Phil. He is making a good point. Santorum has more name recognition than Casey. You can't deny that.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2005, 06:14:49 PM »

Ok, clown.

Don't make an ass of yourself Phil. He is making a good point. Santorum has more name recognition than Casey. You can't deny that.

Yeah, please understand what you're saying before you post. That is a crazy statement.
Redefeatbush04

« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2005, 06:18:51 PM »

Ok, clown.

Yeah, please understand what you're saying before you post. That is a crazy statement.

Ok, clown Wink
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #39 on: May 05, 2005, 06:49:37 PM »

He wants to get rid of free weather reports! Rick "Man on Dog" Santorum is definitely an extremist.

now whenever Phil asks to name an issue he's an extremist on, here's one.

Ok well let's pick another issue, BRTD. To label someone an extremist, they have to hold extreme positions on a number of issues. You can't provide any other extreme positions.

(Oh and I advise you to look further into the free weather report issue.)

there is his views on gay sex being equivalent to bestiality as well.

by this logic though, I could argue opebo's not an extremist. I could also argue that I'm not an extremist therefore.

For the millionth time, Santorum was not equating homosexuality and beastiality.  And I will once again make the vain attempt to explain to you hwo this can be proven.

When arguing before the Senate, Santorum used the slippery slope argument to state that allowing homosexual marriage might make it so that it would become difficult to define what is marriage.  In short, if we don't stop here, we might be pushed further.  A logical fallacy, true, but the slippery slope argument, by its nature, disequates two things or subjects, because in order to make it, you must agknowledge that one is inherently worse than the other.

This is obvious to anyone who has ever paid attention in a basic philosophy class.  Perhaps you were hung-over that day.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies